Fan Clubs | beta

Torchwood : Children Of Earth **Potential Spoilers**

BRM

Guest ScottyB

Saz just got sand in his vagina because it was spoilt for him, had it been someone else, chances are he wouldn't give a ****.

Oh, and on the topic of spoilers in Entertainment, the general consensus was things are considered spoilers until they air in the UK (hence shows like Prison Break and Lost being dubbed *UK PACE*)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK debate over, we have discussd it in the mods forums and have decided to let things stay as they were, no worry about marking spoilers unless they are from an earlier (example a US or streamed episode) of a show being shown in the UK.

Guest mkkid28

I hope it's not the end of Torchwood, I found Torchwood to be stronger then Dr Who.

In the finale of last series of Doctor Who both Ianto and Gwen are in Torchwood, so was this set after Torchwood Series 2 and before the Children of Earth? but then don't Martha and Micky go with Jack at the end of the Dr Who episode?

Edited by mkkid28

Guest Fiona
I hope it's not the end of Torchwood, I found Torchwood to be stronger then Dr Who.

In the finale of last series of Doctor Who both Ianto and Gwen are in Torchwood, so was this set after Torchwood Series 2 and before the Children of Earth? but then don't Martha and Micky go with Jack at the end of the Dr Who episode?

Is Torchwood a Dr. Who spin off? The only reason I ask is that Torchwood hasn't aired yet here and I love Doctor Who, so if it is then we may get Torchwood later this year.

Guest Fiona
Indeed it is. And Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who. :)

Ah very clever. Just checked Space TV and we airing Torchwood Children of the Earth starting July 20 for however many nights it runs. Can't wait. After that we will get Doctor Who Day of the Dead. Don't know if that's aired in Britain yet.

Guest mkkid28
Ah very clever. Just checked Space TV and we airing Torchwood Children of the Earth starting July 20 for however many nights it runs. Can't wait. After that we will get Doctor Who Day of the Dead. Don't know if that's aired in Britain yet.

Isn't it Planet of the Dead? That was the Easter Special over here.

Ah very clever. Just checked Space TV and we airing Torchwood Children of the Earth starting July 20.
Strange that you're getting this so soon yet haven't had the first two proper series of the show.

The Canadian brodcasting coperation actully co-produced season 1 of Torchwood and had the rights to it.

Season 2 was shown last summer on Space.

The shows being fast tracked in Australia, America and Canada. There was even some talk of BBC America showing it on the same night it was to be shown in Britain, but that seemed to fall by the way side.

On the Martha and Mickey supposedly appearing subject. The rumours were that the script was rewritten after Freema Agyeman took up a role in Law and Order :UK.

Noel Clarke who played Mickey i'm not so sure about but his stock has risen dramtically in the last year with him picking up a BAFTA and all. Intrestingly enougth he did have some involvement with Torchwood back in season 1 where he wrote the episode Combat.

Guest mkkid28

Yeah, the first two series are probably better imo, more stories instead of one is the main reason I like them more and of course Owen and Tosh are still in them. Re-watched series 1 and 2 to hype myself for the new ones other week.

I'm guessing it's the end of torchwood which is a shame, because it really was quite a great show.

Edited by mkkid28

Guest Fiona
Strange that you're getting this so soon yet haven't had the first two proper series of the show.

We've had Torchwood here for awhile. I've watched it a few times, but it is broadcast at ridiculous times. For this series their showing it at 10 pm so I won't have to stay up till the middle of the night to see it.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Just checked Space TV and we airing Torchwood Children of the Earth starting July 20 for however many nights it runs.
If its broadcast like here it will run for 5 nights and I will advise you to have tissues ready for night 5!

Is Torchwood a Dr. Who spin off? The only reason I ask is that Torchwood hasn't aired yet here and I love Doctor Who, so if it is then we may get Torchwood later this year.
We've had Torchwood here for awhile. I've watched it a few times.
The first quote said it hadn't aired in Canada yet and you didn't know if it was a Dr. Who spin-off, which is why I was commenting.

Guest Fiona
The first quote said it hadn't aired in Canada yet and you didn't know if it was a Dr. Who spin-off, which is why I was commenting.

I think we are talking about cross purposes here. We have had Torchwood for about a year. It's on at stupid times and sometimes not at all. Space TV is the worst for shows like this they are always changing their schedule around.

Torchwood Children of the Earth has never been on here yet. It starts July 20 and runs for 5 nights. You guys got it before we did. I had no idea Torchwood was a Doctor Who spinoff. I've only seen one or two episodes of the show in total and there was no mention of Doctor Who on either one of them. So how was I supposed to know?

I think we are talking about cross purposes here. We have had Torchwood for about a year. It's on at stupid times and sometimes not at all. Space TV is the worst for shows like this they are always changing their schedule around.

Torchwood Children of the Earth has never been on here yet. It starts July 20 and runs for 5 nights. You guys got it before we did. I had no idea Torchwood was a Doctor Who spinoff. I've only seen one or two episodes of the show in total and there was no mention of Doctor Who on either one of them. So how was I supposed to know?

I'm not saying you were to know, it's just that you said it had never aired in Canada and you didn't know anything about it, then you said that Canada has had it for a long while and you had watched "a few episodes"... and now you're saying you've only watched it once or twice.

You can see why I'm confused. :lol

Guest Fiona
I'm not saying you were to know, it's just that you said it had never aired in Canada and you didn't know anything about it, then you said that Canada has had it for a long while and you had watched "a few episodes"... and now you're saying you've only watched it once or twice.

You can see why I'm confused. :lol

How hard is this to understand DC? I said Torchwood has aired here and I have watched a few episodes, not Torchwood Children of the Earch. That has never aired here before. It begins July 20 or July 27 I can't even remember now. As far as I'm concerned it's two different shows, one being Torchwood and 2 being Torchwood Children of the Earth. Or a different series of Torchwood I don't know.

Why are you questioning this to death? I thought it was pretty obvious what I was trying to say. I have watched a couple of episodes of Torchwood, I have never seen Children of the Earth because it hasn't been broadcast here.

On the Torchwood episodes I watched they never referred to the second show not even once. Shit.

Edited by Fiona

Ok so i've just watched Torchwood : Declassified which comes with the DVD of COE.

RTD does seem to hint that there will be more to come from Captain Jack, whether this is just his confimrmed apparence in Tennants last outing as The Doctor or more from Torchwood will have to be seen.

In other news Eve Myles is now actully pregnant in real life.