Fan Clubs | beta

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Guest Michael89

Saying that, out of all of the characters, Soundwave and Grimlock are probably the two major characters that purist G1 fans (like me) would allow for the most re-imagining because a tape players and a T-Rex just cannot work in 2010. Grimlock needs to be something outrageous, because he's Grimlock; it'll be interesting to see how they tackle him, if they ever decide to.

Then again, I've just typed all that out and remembered that Bay made Scorponok a f*cking scorpion-type-thing so maybe Grimlock can work as a "T-Rex-ish-thing" too?

Cheers!

Grimlock would be ace, I can almost imagine him being found by an archeologist :)

However, poor old Soundwave is stuck in orbit as a satellite as shown in the second movie.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but Revenge of the Fallen tied in perfectly to the storyline.

The only way I can think of this subtitle tying into the film is if Unicron makes an appearance at some point.

Yeah but it doesn't say 'dark side' it just says 'dark' so I'm maybe thinking the moon is Unicron and he's all emo or something.

Although, Shockwave is the new villain, so maybe he's hiding on the moon?

Or something's hiding on the dark side of the moon waiting to attack?
That could be what they're going with. Strong rumours suggest that the script centres around the Transformers and their role in the 1960s space race between America and Russia, so there could be something planted on the other side of the moon.

• 1 month later...
Three names I've seen discussed in TF circles are : Alpha Trion, Sentinel Prime or Vector Prime

won't be one of those two. Don't know why but I'm guessing it'll either be Alpha Trion or the Last Autobot. Seems to have the colouring of the Last Autobot and the facial shape of Alpha Trion, although there's no reason why it couldn't be Unicron, it's not like the transformers films have really paid attention to the way characters look in previous series.

Knowing how the films pan out it'll probably be Hot Rod or Ultra Magnus.

Having said that, why is everyone assuming it's an autobot? Could be one of the decepticon combiners or something.

Guest Anime Otaku

IGN do a thing on their Youtube channel called Rewind Theatre that looks at trailers for films and games in a fair amount of depth and they've done one for Dark of the Moon, it's not the same as the one above though.

[YOUTUBE]EXz-nRD-rpA[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Anime Otaku

If it involves stuff exploding or people getting cut to bits, it's in 3D now.

Don't get me wrong I like 3d to an extent. It is just over kill sometimes. One thing though is this 3d filmed in 3d (That is a good thing see Avatar Piranah 3d Megamind) or a film converted to 3d later? (That is a bad thing as the effect doesn't look so good See Clash of The Titans.)