What are you listening to? 2010 - 11

Guest Saz

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock

American Eyes - "Radio"

It's good enough, but nothing new. The singer's trying to be Joey Ramones and the band is trying to be every turn of the millennium pop-punk band. But, as rip offs go, they're pretty good at it, so no complaints from me.

Guest John Hancock

The Kinison - "You'll Never Guess Who Died"

I actually really like this. There's something very post-hardcore to it, in a classical At The Drive-In/Sunny Day Real Estate sense of the word, but it's all slightly cleaned up. The modern pop-punk influence is pretty clear on the production of it, but it's still very much a post hardcore song, even venturing into just straight up new school scream-core for the last chorus. Yeah, I like it.

Guest John Hancock
Kinda. I prefer At The Drive-In, but I still like Mars Volta. I think I sort of resent them for not being At The Drive-In, which stops me from liking them as much as I would otherwise. They also have the occasional habit of being opiate filled, pretentious w*nkers, which doesn't help their cause.

Guest Da Showstoppa
Kevin Rudolf-I Made It

I love that song. I've also got the new Raw theme by Nickleback and the Smackdown theme too. Also my sister in law put three Lady Gaga songs on the disk for me too.

I also have the proper score to Bad Boys by Mark Mancina (as opposed to the cruddy version on the OST CD)

Guest John Hancock
I've got the damned Florence and the Machine cover stuck in my head, You've Got the Love. She's an odd woman, odd voice, looks a bit odd but legs up to her a***hole.

I met her in Heathrow Airport and hung out with her for a bit. She's actually really, really nice and almost disturbingly friendly. I don't care for her music, but I had a nice time with her, and she seems like a genuinely quite lovely person.

Away We Go - "The City Of Sin With A Twist Of Tulips"

Yet another female fronted pop-punk band trying to be Paramore. That said, I quite like Paramore so I'm perfectly fine with this.

Guest ScottyB

Florence is playing at my summer ball, and when it was announced I seemed to be the only one who was more excited at the fact Wheatus are also playing.

I've been going through my iTunes recently and listening to a lot of stuff I haven't in a while. Lots of Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Rancid and NoFX have been on, and they seem to keep me motivated on my work.

I met her in Heathrow Airport and hung out with her for a bit. She's actually really, really nice and almost disturbingly friendly. I don't care for her music, but I had a nice time with her, and she seems like a genuinely quite lovely person.

Away We Go - "The City Of Sin With A Twist Of Tulips"

Yet another female fronted pop-punk band trying to be Paramore. That said, I quite like Paramore so I'm perfectly fine with this.

Nothing wrong with Hayley Williams and the Stooge..... Paramore :)

Dude, Wheatus are MEGA-Awesome. The first album was brilliant, nothing else after really came close bar BMX Bandits, which has a wicked little video to match it.

I'm listening to The Union Underground-Across the Nation

Guest John Hancock

Permanent Me - "On The Shore"

This song is starting to annoy now. It's boring, but in a really intrusive way. Go away song.

Keel - "The Streets of Rock & Roll"

Classic, 80s style melodic hard rock with multi layered harmonies, soaring choruses, power chords and fret shredding solos... but released this year. Genius!

Leftover Crack- Rock the 40oz

Gang Green - Alcohol

But I also went on a total Phis covers the Beatles kick with a friend the other night... just to give some perspective.

Edited by Twig

Guest Dave7g
Hapi Hapi Sunday by Koharu Kusumi.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pScwmriONQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pScwmriONQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Yup, that's normal.

Guest John Hancock
The man's name literally means "Japanese cartoon obsessive", and his display picture is a random Japanese woman. The music taste just comes bundled with the rest I think.

I don't know. The so-called "otaku's" that I know (and I know quite a few) don't like that sort of music, they prefer J-Rock and songs from anime series. :lol