Fan Clubs | beta

The Soap Opera Thread

Paul

Yeah, I know a few guys on here are fans of soap, lets not hide behind denial. Lets revel in our soap opera fandom!

I watch Enders, Emmerdale and Corrie and right now love all three. The gay storylines in the first 2 and the Kevin/Molly/Tyrone story in Corrie have me hooked.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FreeSpirit

I love EastEnders :thumbsup

Like WWE/TNA I try not to miss an episode. Use to like The Bill, Neighbours, Home And Away and Brookside. But nowadays it's just all about the goings on in fictional E20.

And its now time for EastEnders on BBC1-YAY!

Guest FreeSpirit
I hated Fatboy at 1st as I found him extremely annoying, but now I think he's one of the best characters in the show at the moment.

Guest Sparrow
I hated Fatboy at 1st as I found him extremely annoying, but now I think he's one of the best characters in the show at the moment.

This ^

I think it is the actor though, he is making the best of what he has got. I am not really up to date with slang, but some of the stuff he says I can't imagine people saying.

Guest ScottyB

My housemate in Uni is an essex lad, and he talks like that, albeit a little toned down, but yeah, he talks like that.

I watch Eastenders and that's it.

Eastenders I watch, if just for Roxy and Ronnie... and now Fatboy as he's gold

Corrie is only good for Graeme who is the funniest character ever

Emmerdale is meh

Hollyoaks has gone right down the shit pan, and I watched Neighbours the other day and it's also gone to pot, but still has Steph :D

Guest Laffy
I stopped watching saops three years ago as dad hates them and we watch tv together. Occasionally i will dip back like for example this monday for Corrie when i know something big is happening but apart from that nothing. i used to watch all of them including Doctors. i used to record them if i was out and then watch when i got home.

Is anyone else here watching Neighbours?

If so, I have no idea what you're up to, but I have one thing to say: Andrew Robinson is the most unlikeable character that has ever been on the show. Seriously, I can't find one likeable thing about him.

He's an annoying, irritating, selfish bastard, who I feel like punching in the face. :lol

I'd only consider watching American soaps. British soaps just irritate me. American soaps are irritating, but they're also so full on OTT that it's funny. Also, all the people are young and gorgeous in American soaps, bar the token uglies and oldies. It's also what was on TV when I was younger, so I'm used to them. My mother used to watch The Bold and the Beautiful and Santa Barbara. All I'll say is, Katherine Kelly Lang may be 48, but I believe the phrase is "Damn, girl!" Edited by etz

Guest Boyo

I rarely watch any soaps nowadays, but sometimes catch them if I know a big storyline is coming to a conclusion.

Eastenders: I watched the live episode, but generally stopped watching after Mel and that guy from Spandau Ballet left. At the time when the DiMarco family were in it, and the hot DiMarco girl was dating Joe Wicks, and he went batsh*t crazy... plus his mum was a total fox... that is when I was hooked :D.

Corrie: I watched Tracey's trial and stopped after that. I know David is a gobby little shyte, and I know his girlfriend is one of the hottest women ever. Rosie is now possibly the only person on British soaps hotter than David's girlfriend. And I know Blanche died. I watched some of the episode where her will was read out and her gift to Norris was the gift of "getting the news first hand" :lol. Blanche :(.

Emmerdale: There are some crazy-hot birds in that show right now!! I'm not sure who she is, but the girl who goes out with the guy who looks a bit like David Beckham and who is the son of the moustachioed schyster... holy moly, she's beyootiful! I don't really watch this, but I do remember enjoying when the thick shaven-headed guy euthanised his terminally ill girlfriend.

Hollyoaks: Wow. Ain't watched this in years and years. In fact, when I watched this religiously Beth was still in it. Remember Beth? I think she was the one that was raped by the flash git and went a bit mental. I remember Dan was dating Jodie Albert and he died. Then she left, and I stopped watching :P. I think Tony was still dating Mandy at the time. The only girl on Hollyoaks now who I have a crush on is that shortish one with dark brown hair, cut in a bob, and has a bit of padding on her. She's been in it a while now and, quite bizarrely, she looks like she could whoop butt at armwrestling.

Home & Away: Ain't watched for donkey's. I did used to watch this re-lidge-eee-us-LEEEEEE when it first started, when Tom & Pippa owned the caravan park; Bobbie was a little tearaway; Steven was a martial artist who was a bit of a screwjob; Carly was a bit of hotstuff who got accused of murder??; Fisher was the head-teacher, then dated Marilyn, then we met Morag; Alf and Ailsa were together, and had a son, Duncan; later on Shane & Angel were THE couple; then Irene, Finn and Damien joined. People in school used to call me "Damien" after that :P.

Cheers!

Just watching Fridays Corrie and laughed quite loudly at a bit in the bar.

Rosie is stood at the bar drinking, LOTS of clevage on show. Liz walks over takes one look and tries to get her clevage on show. Whoever thought of that little bit on physical comedy needs a pay rise, it worked brilliantly. :lol