Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

UFC 117

Guest Sparrow

My point is, TUF with Silva and Sonnen won't begin until later this year, or early next year. Keep up ;)
No, you're "point" was that - and I quote - "an immediate rematch is a must."

That's got nothing to do with TUF and everything to do with Silva v Sonnen II taking place straight away.

See, I told you that you don't read what other people are posting. :lol

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Cork
Teh TUF with GSP v Koscheck hasnt started yet, they are fighting on the last card of the year at 122 in Dec. A Silva/Sonnen TUF would be at least a year away.

Guest Rikidozan
DC, an immediate rematch means both guys' next fight is against each other, if it sounded like I was saying they should fight in two or three months, sorry:)

DC, an immediate rematch means both guys' next fight is against each other, if it sounded like I was saying they should fight in two or three months, sorry:)
No, "immediate" means that the fight should be done at once, without delay, not six/eight/twelve months down the line.

Apology accepted all the same. :)

Guest Rikidozan
DC, we completely disagree on the notion of "immediate", but hey, i'm happy to let it rest:xyx I'll make it as clear as possible; Anderson Silva should fight Chael Sonnen next. There, done:)

DC, we completely disagree on the notion of "immediate",
You can disagree all you like, you'll still be completely wrong. I mean, if someone needs immediate medical attention, does that mean he needs it straight away or just that he needs it next, regardless of how long it takes?

Guest Rikidozan

DC, I was actually being nice, and try to be conciliatory. It's clear we both believe the other is talking nonsense, I realise that, do you? I already explained the notion of "an immediate rematch", let me do it again though; an immediate rematch means both guys' next fight is not against anyone else, expect each other. That fight doesn't need to be 10 minutes after the first, just against each other sometime down the line.

If you can't understand that, I'm at a loss at what else to do to explain the notion.

DC, I was actually being nice, and try to be conciliatory. It's clear we both believe the other is talking nonsense, I realise that, do you? I already explained the notion of "an immediate rematch", let me do it again though; an immediate rematch means both guys' next fight is not against anyone else, expect each other. That fight doesn't need to be 10 minutes after the first, just against each other sometime down the line.

If you can't understand that, I'm at a loss at what else to do to explain the notion.

If you're at a loss, then can I suggest you go and find out what "immediate" actually means? Because, at the moment, you're trying to tell me that if Sonnen and Silva didn't have a fight for the next 5yrs and then fought each other, that would be an immediate rematch.

Listen, you came back to TWO with a reputation of being a great and intelligent poster preceeding you. From the moment you returned, you've shown yourself to be nothing but an idiot who ignores any point made that goes against his own opinions.

The constant talking down to people, trying to show your superior knowledge with idiotic statement after idiotic statement, is ridiculous. I don't need you to be nice (I don't actually need you to be anything), but actually being able to admit when you're wrong would be something.

Guest Rikidozan

Wow DC...you cleaely care more about me, than I do about you. Thanks:)

DC, how course you're going to blast me as an idiot poster...I'm disagreeing with you Ironically though, we do agree on one thing...I couldn't care less about you either (begins to cry)

Again, for one more time...an immediate rematch means their next fights are against each other, if you can't grasp that, like Bret said of Dynamite, your brain may be broken. No more posts from me on this...i'm bored now.

Again, for one more time...an immediate rematch means their next fights are against each other,
No. It. Doesn't.

im·me·di·ate [ih-mee-dee-it]

–adjective

1. occurring or accomplished without delay; instant: an immediate reply.
  2. following or preceding without a lapse of time: the immediate future.
  3. having no object or space intervening; nearest or next: in the immediate vicinity.
  4. of or pertaining to the present time or moment: our immediate plans.
  5. without intervening medium or agent; direct: an immediate cause.
  6. having a direct bearing: immediate consideration.
  7. very close in relationship: my immediate family.

Edited by DC

Why do I get the feeling that people are jumping on Rikidozan because of his reputation? I hate saying "reputation" because it sounds incredibly childish on an internet forum, but that's how I see it. Just shut the f*ck up. It's all the time. He seems like a good poster but any time someone disagrees, they jump on it. Christ, TWO is pathetic at times.

Move on.

Guest Frank Botch

Well this thread took a turn, dictionary excerpts and everything..

Bisping is a turd.

I thought he was a national treasure? I agree though, due is really annoying. I wouldn't mind so much if he could actually back it up but he's a pretty mediocre fighter.

Wow its like Countdowns Dictionary corner on here today.

Maybe instead or arguing over a slightly petty point, you could converse about the strong possibility of a immidi............... soon to happen (when I say soon I'm talking like in the next 9 months or so). Rematch between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen.

I thought he was a national treasure? I agree though, due is really annoying. I wouldn't mind so much if he could actually back it up but he's a pretty mediocre fighter.

I have no problem with Bisping.....I still don't see why he has to main-event so many UK cards though.

I have no problem with Bisping.....I still don't see why he has to main-event so many UK cards though.
Because he's the biggest British name in the sport, ergo, when they're in the UK, logic says he's the biggest home-grown attraction and should headline the shows.

Of course, that doesn't mean he has to be in the main event of UK shows, but that's the most likely reason why he is.

Because he's the biggest British name in the sport, ergo, when they're in the UK, logic says he's the biggest home-grown attraction and should headline the shows.

Of course, that doesn't mean he has to be in the main event of UK shows, but that's the most likely reason why he is.

Fair enough.....

Sometimes I think that they should try Dan Hardy in the top spot for UK cards instead of Bisping though.....

Then again, do they really need a UK fighter to headline a UK card?

I wouldn't say that Bisping has actually headlined too many UK cards, ok he's been on them, other than UFC 89 and the upcoming UFC 120 he's always been on the main card but never the main event.

UFC 70 was headlined by Filipović v Gonzaga

UFC 75 was headlined by Henderson v Jackson

UFC 85 was headlined by Hughes v Alves

UFC 105 was headlined by Couture v Vera

So out of his 5 UK UFC shows to date he's headlined 1.