Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

UFC 120: UK vs the World

Guest Frank Botch

Guest Frank Botch

Didn't see a thread for this..so here it is. This Saturday! I've seen some/most people hate on the card, and its probably being overshadowed by 121, but I think the top three fights have potential to be pretty good, Hathaway has been really impressive, Condit usually has exciting fights and the main event has Akiyama. I'm just really hoping Bisping gets knocked out, I can't stand the guy, though I'd be rooting for Akiyama over nearly everyone. I'll be watching with some friends so it'll probably be entertaining even if the fights suck, as we insult everyone we can (in a vain attempt to hide our own inadequacies).

http://www.lowkick.com/avatar/full/UFC_120_Poster.jpg

Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama

Welterweight bout: Dan Hardy vs. Carlos Condit

Welterweight bout: John Hathaway vs. Mike Pyle

Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Travis Browne

Welterweight bout: James Wilks vs. Claude Patrick

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sparrow

Got my predictions down.

Guest John Hancock

Meh.

Guest Dusty Finish

Bah.... I've been getting my house on the market which means I still haven't seen Diaz-Noons II, and the sister-in-law's birthday tomorrow means I won't be catching this one either.

Quick predictions.... Akiyama, Hardy, Hathaway, Browne, Wilks.

Shao, quicksand isnt like you see in films. Its impossible for a human to sink fully into it like you see in fiction. The density of the quicksand is too high.

The only risk of quicksand is that you get stuck and starve to death (or dehydrate, or the tide comes in). Quicksand itself isnt a danger at all.

Quicksand isn't named right - it's more slowsand. But that doesn't exactly strike the right amount of fear :lol It's only 'quick' because you can sink in normal sand, it just takes a much longer time. So it's quick in comparison to normal sand. Which, again, not very scary sounding :lol

Shao, quicksand isnt like you see in films. Its impossible for a human to sink fully into it like you see in fiction. The density of the quicksand is too high.

The only risk of quicksand is that you get stuck and starve to death (or dehydrate, or the tide comes in). Quicksand itself isnt a danger at all.

Fair enough. I thought it was possible, but I guess not.

Quicksand isn't named right - it's more slowsand. But that doesn't exactly strike the right amount of fear :lol It's only 'quick' because you can sink in normal sand, it just takes a much longer time. So it's quick in comparison to normal sand. Which, again, not very scary sounding :lol

:lol

Guest Rikidozan

I've been off-topic in my time, but this is crazy-nutso!

Bisping seems to be the heavy favourite for the main, and I can see why as he has the momentum, while Akiyama has little, or none. Akiyama really is in a desperate place, a loss would probably be a final nail in his UFC tenure and he'd go the way of Nakamura and Chonan.

Guest John Hancock
Nah, I think Akiyama's good for another loss. If he loses to Bisping, he's only 1-2 in the UFC, with at least two of those fights winning "Fight of the Night". I think, if he loses to Bisping, it'll be his fight AFTER this that will be the decision maker as far as his career goes.

Guest Rikidozan
Darn awful for the Brits thus far, even a Bisping rout won't gloss over this night, Hardy's KO especially is bad, guess he joins the back of the Welterweight line.