Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

UFC 120: UK vs the World

Guest Frank Botch

Guest Frank Botch
I meant to post this earlier but got off on a Hardy kick, but I watched the Hathaway fight again and thought it was awesome, pretty much a perfect performance from Pyle and it was really cool to watch how much control he showed. I was probably too harsh when I said the card totally sucked, it was better than most of the Europe shows. The German show coming up looks really bad though, apart from Krzysztof.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
EDIT: And Hancock telling me to be proud of British heritage? How can I be proud of the suffering ye put the Irish through?

:lol

You aren't worth getting infracted over little man.

Guest Rikidozan

D'oh, meant sore jaw...darn non-functioning brain:doh32:

Sparrow, you missed my point...I was just explaining why some people dislike Hardy, I wasn't saying people won't pay to see him fight, or shouldn't pay to see him fight. Hope that's clear:)

Also, there's more than way to draw; look at Carwin/Lesnar, almost zero trash-talk, at least not on the level of Shamrock/Ortiz, Chuck/Wanderlei, Evans/Rampage, and Carwin/Lesnar outdrew them all.

Guest The Beltster

Apparently, England is Dan Hardy and Michael Bisping's "home town"....f*cking yanks! :lol

Bisping needs to sort out that terrible side parting hair 'style' he's sporting.

Edited by The Beltster

Guest Rikidozan
Less than week till Brocktober...that show's gonna draw huge. Lesnar, Cain, Ortiz, Sanchez, Shields debut...just huge, probably the biggest buyrate of the year.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Come on guys, I know this has been fun, but like, most people dislike Dan Hardy. He's a heel. You can get all pro wrestlingy about it and cheer the heel, but when the guy acts like a c*ck, its not all that unreasonable for someone to think he's a c*ck and want him to get knocked out. Thats kind of what they're going for, after all.

Guest The Beltster
You can only get away with being a cocky bastard if your really really good, like Naseem Hamed, Mike Tyson, Chris Eubank etc. Then people will pay to see you get knocked out. Hardy is average and got knocked out, now nobody cares anymore :lol

Guest Frank Botch
How long did it take you to work that out? :lol

Countless hours of statistical analysis went into that..

You can only get away with being a cocky bastard if your really really good, like Naseem Hamed, Mike Tyson, Chris Eubank etc. Then people will pay to see you get knocked out. Hardy is average and got knocked out, now nobody cares anymore

I'd agree with this.

Well, this was a boring post.

EDIT: Something mildly interesting:

Relayed by UFC president Dana White at the post-fight press conference, the show netted 17,133 spectators, making it the ninth-most attended UFC event in the promotion's history.

The event also brought in £1.6 million (roughly $2.56 million), a modest decline from the UFC's first trip to the O2 Arena in 2007, UFC 75. That show pulled down a European record $2.7 million. It should be noted that, unlike in the United States, there is no local English athletic commission to verify these numbers.

Though the number of compensated tickets was not mentioned, simple division may be used to calculate the average price per ticket, which came to £93.39 ($149.85).

Edited by Frank Botch

Guest The Beltster
Are you kidding? Chris Eubank was f*cking amazing! He lost to Collins at the tail end of his career when he had no heart for it any more. Eubank was unbelievable in his prime.

Was Chris Eubank good though? He lost twice to the Celtic Warrior.
He did fight other people. Most of them weren't Irish, so probably flew under your radar, but he had a 45-5-2 record.

Also, in the first fight against Steve Collins, Eubank knocked him down in the 10th, had Collins wobbling, but decided not to go in for a finish, so it's not like it was a one-sided loss.

Are you kidding? Chris Eubank was f*cking amazing! He lost to Collins at the tail end of his career when he had no heart for it any more. Eubank was unbelievable in his prime.
Most people agree that it was after the second fight against Michael Watson. Eubank was hesitant to try and knock anyone out after that brutal uppercut and the fact Watson almost died after the fight. Edited by DC

He did fight other people. Most of them weren't Irish, so probably flew under your radar, but he had a 45-5-2 record.

I was very young at the time of the Collins fights so I'm too young to know much about Eubank really if his prime was before the Collins fights.

Guest The Beltster
The Benn/Eubank feud was so friggin great for British boxing, I remember the faceoff they had in the studio where Eubank basically refused to even look at Benn and Benn was getting so angry. It was great, a great time for the sport. Both guys, in their primes, were unbelievable fighters.