UFC 120: UK vs the World

Guest Frank Botch

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rikidozan

Ball-shot! :eek

Ball-shot yet win, still, lousy night for UK MMA, only glimer was Sass winning upon debut.

Edited by Rikidozan

Guest John Hancock
That smug tool Hardy got KO'd and the Brits are getting trashed by the world? Gotta see this some time.

Don't be so self-loathing. You should be proud of your British heritage.

Guest Frank Botch

The Hardy fight was the only highlight, the rest of the card sucked. The main was cool in parts but the Kongo fight was horrible and the opener was really boring. People who watched with me seemed to like the whole card though, I should start drinking.

That'll teach me to be optimistic about a show.

http://i55.tinypic.com/seucn4.gif

Edited by Frank Botch

What British heritage?

What is your primary language?

Which system of law is the Irish one based on?

Your great grandparents (and maybe your grandparents) were technically what?

Answers under the tags.

English.

British.

British.

Hope that helps. ;)

Guest John Hancock
How is Hardy a tool?

Because he's English, and Goldstandard's doing the whole "bitter irish-man" gimmick right now. That about the only reason.

How is Hardy a tool?

The fact that he's English isn't the reason I think he's a smug tool. I hate him because of the dirty tactics he used in the build up to the Marcus Davis fight.

EDIT: And Hancock telling me to be proud of British heritage? How can I be proud of the suffering ye put the Irish through?

Edited by The GS

The fact that he's English isn't the reason I think he's a smug tool. I hate him because of the dirty tactics he used in the build up to the Marcus Davis fight.
What dirty tactics? He trash-talked Marcus Davis, which is what 99% of fighters do before a fight.

Oh, I forgot, he used Ireland/Irish in a negative light, which, for you, is on a par with kicking your mother in the face for being a woman. It all makes sense now.

What dirty tactics? He trash-talked Marcus Davis, which is what 99% of fighters do before a fight.

Oh, I forgot, he used Ireland/Irish in a negative light, which, for you, is on a par with kicking your mother in the face for being a woman. It all makes sense now.

I didn't find it offensive when he called Davis a "plastic paddy" as that's what the man is.

It was when he asked fans to photoshop pics of Davis in a gay manner and post them on the internet that I thought he went away too far and I lost all respect for him then.

Guest Sparrow
He was selling the fight. That is what fighters do. They talk trash so that you tune in to watch them get beat up. What Hardy done was funny, you are not meant to take him seriously. Dude John is right, you are taking this 'bitter Irish' gimmick way to far now, it is becoming tiresome.

Guest The Beltster
And Hancock telling me to be proud of British heritage? How can I be proud of the suffering ye put the Irish through?
I didnt put the Irish through any suffering, do you dislike me? This line of thought gets on my tits, its like when certain black people have a hatred for white people due to slavery 100 f*cking years ago.

All the people who enslaved your race are dead and the president is black, time to get over it.

Edited by The Beltster

Guest Frank Botch

I can't stand Hardy either and a ton, of non Irish people, feel the same way. Nothing to do with his nationality, in fact I hate 73 percent of fighters, the dude just annoys me and I don't care if he was selling the fight, he comes across as an idiot. He also has a stupid haircut. This is enough for me to hate him. Also watching MMA with people wouldn't be nearly as much fun if everyone wasn't wishing permanent harm on one of the fighters.

The bounus payout was pretty clear cut but here it is anyway:

Fight of the Night: Michael Bisping vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama

Knockout of the Night: Carlos Condit

Submission of the Night: Paul Sass

He was selling the fight. That is what fighters do. They talk trash so that you tune in to watch them get beat up. What Hardy done was funny, you are not meant to take him seriously. Dude John is right, you are taking this 'bitter Irish' gimmick way to far now, it is becoming tiresome.

I hate Floyd Mayweather as he's a pussy and too in love with himself and wait for it...he's not English! I'd hate Hardy if he was American too, nationality doesn't matter.

I didnt put the Irish through any suffering, do you dislike me? This line of thought gets on my tits, its like when certain black people have a hatred for white people due to slavery 100 f*cking years ago.

All the people who enslaved your race are dead and the president is black, time to get over it.

Why would I hate an English person? (I just like seeing their sports teams lose as most of the times they're a cocky bunch), And I also just said I wasn't proud of my British heritage after Hancock told me I should be proud of it. I don't think anyone from the Republic has that attitude.

Edited by The GS

Guest Sparrow
The reason some think Hardy is a tool is because he runs his mouth about every opponent. Well, not this morning though...saw jaw:lol

Of course he runs his mouth, he has to sell the fight. It is simple really, a fighter runs his mouth to annoy you, you tune in to watch him get beat up, he wins. That is why they do it.

To hate him because he is doing his job. Plus most of the fun comes from the guys trash talking.