Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

UFC 124: St-Pierre vs. Koscheck 2

Guest Frank Botch

Guest Frank Botch

Very good opener, Howard is a tough dude, those leg kicks were brutal. Good to see Alves back, he really needed a win here.

No reaction for Brookins in the crowd, Canadians don't care about him. No one else cares about him either I guess.

Danzig!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
Danzig KO reminded me of the Anderson Silva/Forrest Griffin finish. Poor old Danzig though, he wins and he still looks like a tosser with that hillbilly hair 'style' :lol

Guest Frank Botch

Awesome knockout, bonus for Danzig. Later Joe, you suck.

I actually meant to put ''Mac is knocking this dude out'' in my post up there.

he wins and he still looks like a tosser with that hillbilly hair 'style

I think he's going for Bisping's ''worst hair in combat sports'' title.

Edited by Frank Botch

Guest Frank Botch

It's like...does he even look at himself in the mirror?

Really nice kneebar from Miller, this has been a great show so far. Everybody disregard my opening post in this thread.

Pretty great fight, Pierson by decision. I think he was getting that decision either way...

Edited by Frank Botch

Guest Frank Botch

Good win from Struve, survived a couple of tough moments and pulled off a cool escape. I'm four for four so far, anyone would think I actually knew what I was talking about. Most exciting card for a long time, though now that I said that the main willl probably be a five round bore.

Koscheck about to get that HBK heat.

Guest Frank Botch

If (when) GSP destroys Koscheck this could be close to PPV of the year.

Maybe I'm overselling it due to sleep deprivation though.

Someone on another forum just said that Kos should have come out to Real American, that shit would have been beyond epic.

Edited by Frank Botch

Guest Frank Botch

Kos got demolished, that jab was brutal. Guy was just staggering around going for takedowns and straight up falling down, pretty embarrassing. Awesome performance from GSP though, dude was busting out ninja type combos. That eye was pretty sick, almost felt bad for Koscheck (not really). Rogan going off on Kris Kringle was pretty funny.

Well, this PPV over delivered.

Guest The Beltster

Domination. Koscheck just isnt in the same league as GSP, he did his best to hype it to the point where people started thinking he could win, which is amazing enough in itself, but he never really had anything more than a fluke KO chance of doing anything more than he did.

Poor bastards eye looks terrible. Santa probably should have stopped it.

Guest Jimmy Redman
I think it comes a little bit from Chael Sonnen, who did the exact same thing as a heel, and then in the fight he actually brought it and almost won. So you think surely this guy cant win, but in the back of your mind, what if he does? I know I was more nervous here than I would have been (theoretically) with a real threat, just because I was so scared of the guy, THIS guy, landing a lucky punch and actually beating GSP.

I knew Kosh didn't have it in him, after all no one since Serra has knocked GSP put and Serra was a better puncher then Kosh and never mind that, GSP is a flat out better fighter then back then as well.

Hell if BJ Penn couldn't knock out GSP then what was Kosh thinking? If he wanted to force the fight and be more competitive then he needed to go for more takedowns earlier before his eye got destroyed completely and before GSP's inside leg kicks compromised his base.

It was a dominant, complete performance from GSP, he fought most of this fight if we are going to be honest in second gear. He got hit I think twice in the clinch and was taken down once in the entire fight because he did what more MMA fighters needed to do - he worked on his boxing and his angles and used the jab to create the platform for everything that he wanted to do and it worked magnificently.

I give it to Kosh though, he took his beating like a man, didn't get dirty (like the Daley fight), was humble and correct in his post fight actions and interview. Fact is though, the bully got his ass shown and handed to him and this just proved why he he holds the UFC record for the most career wins before gaining a title fight - he was there because there was no one left at 170 left with a name, the ego and a slight chance of winning to fight GSP and that is all.

I'm telling you, it was rumoured to be happening from late 2009 and through this year but I think it will happen in 2011 and that is GSP going up to Middleweight and taking on Silva one of them (or both) retire. After all once GSP defeats Anderson (and I think he can, if Sonnen can get that close thent here is no reason GSP can't finish the Spider) then he will have become the pound for pound best MMA fighter in the world and defeated Penn (twice), Hughes (twice) in his prime, Silva, Kosh (twice), Serra, Paryisan, Finch, Sherk, Trigg, Alves - who would be left?

But then again he does have a fight with Jake Shields lined up at the moment for late spring/early summer so what do I know?

Guest The Beltster

To be fair, he couldnt have gone for more takedowns before his eye got mangled because his eye was mangled half way into the first round.

He had no choice, he didnt do anything, at no time did he come across as a threat in any way. The guy got beat up for 25 minutes.

I mean before it was completely swelled shut and lost all depth perception. But that really only left him the first two rounds as come round three, as you know, Kris Kringle was in there trying to stop the match.

Going off the muted opponents for Anderson Silva and GSP, if they are to fight it will not be until the end of 2011.

GSP as I mentioned before has Jake Shields and then the winner quite possibly of BJ Penn v Jon Fitch. Silva obviously has Belfort at UFC 126 and then he has Okami lined up after that as well.

Of course should either man lose one of those matches then it would throw the idea of Silva v GSP at 185lb up into the air completely.

Guest Frank Botch

GSP will easily beat Shields, Jake may be able to avoid ending up on his back but he'll get killed in the stand up.

MONTREAL – Mac Danzig, Georges St-Pierre and Josh Koscheck each earned record $100,000 "Fight Night" bonuses for their performances at Saturday's UFC 124 event, and Marc Bocek and Jim Miller each earned $50,000.

Danzig earned the night's "Knockout of the Night" award, Bocek and Miller split the "Submission of the Night" bonus, and St-Pierre and Koscheck each earned "Fight of the Night" honors.

MMAjunkie.com (http://www.mmajunkie.com) learned of the bonus winners and award amounts while at UFC 124's post-event press conference.

UFC 124 took place at the Bell Centre in Montreal. The night's main card aired on pay-per-view, and two preliminary-card fights streamed for free on UFC.com.

The bonus amounts tied for the most lucrative the UFC ever has paid out. Not since the historic UFC 100 event in 2009 have UFC officials handed out $100,000 awards. The amounts usually rise when an event proves a big draw with significant gate amounts, and in that department, Montreal has delivered. The previous three Montreal events – UFC 113 ($65,000 bonuses), UFC 97 ($70,000) and UFC 83 ($75,000) – all featured lucrative fight-night awards.

For the first time in company history, fans voted online for the "Fight of the Night" winners – much to UFC president Dana White's chagrin.

"They blew it," joked White, who told MMAjunkie.com the fan voting will be a one-time thing.

St-Pierre defended his welterweight title with a lopsided unanimous-decision victory over Koscheck, his rival coach on "The Ultimate Fighter 12," in the headliner. While a dominant performance for St-Pierre, the "Fight of the Night" awards usually are given to fighters in close and competitive bouts. Sean Pierson's preliminary-card win over Matthew Riddle likely should have won the award for the two welterweights, though the fan vote gave the nod to the main-event fighters.

Miller and Bocek scored the night's only submission wins. Miller used a kneebar to force a tap-out from highly touted lightweight Charles Oliveira in a main-card bout, and Bocek secured a triangle choke from top position to force an end to his UFC.com-streamed fight with fellow jiu-jitsu ace and lightweight Dustin Hazelett.

Danzig got his bonus for scoring a first-round knockout of fellow "TUF" winner Joe Stevenson. Danzig delivered a perfectly placed left punch to the chin, and Stevenson tumbled face first into the canvas from the blow.

Yeah maybe fan's vote wasn't such a good idea, lower card guys would probably lose out in the long run.

http://i51.tinypic.com/117bxco.jpg

Need to get this avatar size.