Fan Clubs | beta

Supernatural discussion thread

The Icon

MOD NOTE:

To allow further discussion this has been changed from a have you seen a ghost to a supernatural discussion thread.

Note this is not to discuss the existence or not of said. Just to share your supernatural experiences if any. I saw a few when I was a child but always in the evening outside or at night in bed. Both situations can be easily explained away. What can't be explained is the one I saw in my grandparents house. There is a wall with a blocked up door which once lead to a small alleyway between the house and a shed. One time I saw some sort of barely transparent figure float across the room and through the bricked up and wallpapered over ex_door. Now if only myself saw it I would dismiss it as imagination or trick of the light or whatever. But 4 other people clearly saw it. None of us felt scared or threatened or anything. It was not scary in any way.

As far as I am concerned it was a ghost no other explanations make sense.

Edited by Saz

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent, and I think its highly unlikely that ghosts exist. However... after my grandfather died I moved in with my gran in order to keep her company. Now and then, maybe once every other week, when she came downstairs the kettle would switch itself on ready for her a cup of tea. Just like my grandfather used to do for her.

It would happen on days I was in bed (and my gran told me) and days I was already up and heard it myself.

Now the kettle was one of those where to switch it on you had a little lever style paddle that you had to press upwards in order to make it work.

I can think of no logical reason for why it happened. Its enough to make me wonder that maybe, just maybe ghosts do possible exist.

Guest Frank Botch

I thought I saw a ghost when I was around seven, turned out it was my uncle. Why he was sitting at the end of my bed is unknown.

My friend swears he saw one in a nightclub once. I didn't know where to start picking holes in that story.

I've not seen a ghost because ghosts don't exist.

I have never seen you. So does that mean you don't exist? Of course no. Point of fact I don't particularly believe in ghosts. Except I can offer no explanation for what I saw other than it was one.

Guest John Hancock
I have never seen you. So does that mean you don't exist? Of course no.

Wether or not ghosts exist, that might be the worst argument for anything ever made ever. You can quite easily see proof of my existence because you just replied to it!

Guest John Hancock
There's also a lot of science backing up the fact that ghosts don't, like the transfer of energy, or the concept of life, or where ghosts get their clothes from, or where they live, or how they survive, or what they're made form, or how they see, or why they can't communicate more directly, or how they get to choose what they look like, or why the entire world isn't filled with ghosts (considering that there's more dead people than living people)...

A light not likely as the house room does not face the sun nor a streeet light. Shadow maybe but the window faced a 6 foot hedge, so shadow of what? Smoke is the most likely as there was a fire lit. But humanesque shaped smoke floating across a room? The fireplace is almost directly opposite the ex door.

That cracked article offers up actual likely explanations, even if it is in a comedy way.

Edited by The Icon

Guest John Hancock
The human brain is wired to see other humans and human faces in almost everything. It's why you can look at the front of a car and think, "Hehe, that car looks like it has a silly face!". Just because your brain thinks you saw something human shaped doesn't mean you did. It means you saw something, and your brain has evolved in such a way as to make that shape look like a human.

Guest bigmatt
But humanesque shaped smoke floating across a room?

It happens. I think it's called Pareidolia.

Edit: Hancock beat me to it.

Edited by bigmatt