Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Wladimir Klitschko vs. David Haye

Guest Jack

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will so be watching, and I'll have money on a 10th round KO by Haye.

edit: if its timed right then I think this will be ahead of Summerslam for you and deeser. :lol

Lets not forget that this fight has been signed before.

As have 2 fights for Klitschko against Chisora.

Hopefully the money at the table should make sure the fight goes ahead.

I think all the terms have been agreed upon. The only thing left is finding the location which is probably going to be in Germany. It's a shame if it is, because it would be a huge event at Wembley or another stadium in Britain. I know Stamford Bridge has been mentioned though, so fingers crossed.

Wladimir, but the contract says if an injury occurs, Vitali steps in.

Haye has a much better shot against Wlad.

The verbals begin...

"I always believed we'd one day fight and I'm glad we've cut through the nonsense and put together the most important fight in the heavyweight division," he said.

"This is the match the boxing world has been calling for since I first decided to step into the heavyweight division, and I feel it is my destiny to fight and beat Wladimir Klitschko.

"We are the best two heavyweights in the world and it would have been a travesty for us to have never fought.

"This is an inevitable fight with an inevitable conclusion. Wladimir Klitschko is getting violently knocked out."

"I have been chasing this fight since day one, because I know boxing styles and I know which styles I have success against.

"Klitschko is ready-made for me. I eat tall, chinny Eastern European heavyweights for breakfast. Wladimir is a fighter that doesn't like to fight, and he has admitted that fact in the past. Unfortunately for him, I am a fighter that loves nothing more than fighting.

"I have the heart of lion, whereas Wladimir has the heart of a hyena. He cries and squeals and slips into the wilderness at the first sign of danger. Wladimir has proven this over the years, and I'm certain he will want no part of this lion when it finally comes time to go to war."

:lol

Guest Anime Otaku
So, Haye's doing the poor man's Ali thing again, at least outside the ring, not seen any full Ali fights and the only Haye "fights" I've seen are Valuev and Harrison which weren't representative of his style and too short to get a good look respectively as far as I'm aware. That said I'm looking forward to this, hopefully Haye will win.

Guest Rikidozan
Interesting to see what kind of pay-per-view numbers the fight does. I assume like all boxing events it'll be a one-fight show:roll

Guest carlito is cool
At last! Will generate massive interest especially in the UK and Europe. Won't go the distance thats for sure. Both fighters are extremely cagey especially early doors but Haye carries his left far too low for me and that is asking for all kinds of trouble against a guy like Vlad. Im picking VK 4th round brutal KO in a mildy dissapointing but long overdue fight.

Guest Batmansmellsfun
At least Haye has actually manned up enough to fight a legitimately world class opponent this time rather than manufacturing a grudge with a punchy meathead like fraudley purely for the money.

• 2 months later...

Klitschko vs Haye

Well the banter and press have started for this fight, so who does everyone fancy??

I like Haye but my God has he come off bad so far in the build up to this, Klitschko just comes across as a nice guy who respects Haye, but Haye is just making himself look like a total tool by not even shaking hands with Klitschko.

I was watching the Ringside special and Haye wouldn't even be in the same studio as Klitschko, they had to use a split screen, pathetic!!

It's very hard to call this fight, but I'm going with a Klitschko knock-out in the 8th round.

Thoughts...........

Guest John Hancock
I'm feeling a Klitschko win and, God, I hope that's what happens. You're totally right, Haye's been acting like a complete penis, and I'm a complete mark for professional, reserved Soviet bad-asses. Hopefully Vlad will just eat the guy alive.

I'm feeling a Klitschko win and, God, I hope that's what happens. You're totally right, Haye's been acting like a complete penis, and I'm a complete mark for professional, reserved Soviet bad-asses. Hopefully Vlad will just eat the guy alive.

This. I haven't hated a boxer as much as Haye since Prince Naseem was in full on preening pr*ck mode. Man, I hope Klitchko just shuts him up, then f*cks him up.

I'm not sure on this, I want Haye to win to say after the fight "Told ya, I beat that boring boxer". Klitschko like many other things in Germany are really over hyped to a point where you want to throw your TV out the window or eat your newspaper.

Then again I want Klitschko to beat that p***k up.