Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Wladimir Klitschko vs. David Haye

Guest Jack

Guest The GS
Bound to be a feed somewhere someones found! £15 is ridiculous for boxing events imo

True perhaps, but big boxing pay per view events only come to Sky every few years.

Pac Man fights are shown free and not much others are worth it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Keegan

I heard during a video a few weeks ago Haye was entering the gym at 10:15 British time to do sessions as that's when he'll be in the ring (11:15 German time) and that makes sense. Plus, it's roughly when DeGale/Groves were on last month (around half 10 really.)

Cannot wait to see this fight. I've not had the net all day so I was worried I wouldn't get to see it following all of the hype. All I need now is for the feed not to work!

Guest Keegan

I won't and I haven't. Just reminding people if they were going to watch it, they should get ready.

Sorry if I breached any rules. Genuinely.

Not surprised really, until the last round Haye seemed to be holding back a bit. He must have been really worried about the counter punch.

Still, Im surprised we never got a knock out.

Guest John Hancock
Not the most exciting fight in the world, but, hey, at least Klitschko won. Over all though, I tonight's biggest winner is going to be MMA from the look of the UFC 132 card.

Guest Keegan

Something I wrote via e-mail to my best friend, who ordered the fight...

Within 2 rounds, you could tell Haye had underestimated Klitschko's speed. He was cutting the ring off well and within 10 seconds had Haye on the backfoot. Is Wladimir just too tall to deal with?

A few of my fears were realised. Here they are:

1) Haye couldn't perform the way he wanted to and didn't get it done when it really mattered like so many before him.

2) The referee was the way Booth said. I don't think he favoured either man but his officiating was terrible. The knockdown was awful but with the way Haye went on, I'm not surprised either.

3) Haye tried to make Wlad miss like Valuev. While he did a lot, he missed much more himself and Klitschko's so much more mobile than Valuev.

4) He wouldn't attack in the early rounds even if he'd been encouraged to do so by many experts and hinted at doing it himself. He didn't come up with anything different as he'd claimed.

5) It would go to the judges in spite of what people said about there definitely being a knockout. I don't see why it was such an outside chance. Okay, they've both got great knockout records but top fighters often cancel each other out. I wouldn't say that Haye cancelled Wlad out but they were both cautious and not going for the juggular.

Another thing I thought: Is Haye as quick as he's made out to be? At times, you could see the speed but I saw more with the head bobbing around rather than the legs. I know some may say that was due to the toe but I don't think you could pin it all on that. Or is Wladimir faster than people give him credit for? I think his footwork's a lot better and that was the key.

It's amazing because there have been two major sporting contests that experts have considered to be 50-50 this year: The Champions League final and this fight. I wasn't fooled by the football and couldn't see why everyone had it down as 50-50. Maybe I got sucked in with Haye. Upsets do happen of course and I even backed Groves to do DeGale. Again, my predictions have been hit-and-miss all year.

He seemed to be slipping all over the place too and couldn't get in range. In the early rounds, he took a risk every time he lunged at Wlad and spent a bit too much time on the canvas as well after getting pushed down. Unfortunately, it showed Wlad had a great strength advantage. The jab-jab-grab routine he promised he'd prevent didn't quite happen. He did bring Wlad out of his shell a bit but he didn't nullify the jab enough. He had his hands up there, just like he did against Audley, and just like Ricky Hatton said he would when discussing tactics. However, he didn't defend it well enough and the success rate cements that. Klitschko only threw one more punch but the amount that landed in comparison to Haye's was telling, not that you needed a stat to see he'd won the fight mind.

If David had hit Klit on the chin more, he might have made him fall. Likewise though. Haye got in and out well enough, avoiding punches after getting hit hard or retaliating to show he still had fight in him. I was worried when Klitschko dominated the early rounds, especially with what people were saying about it favouring him in the later rounds. It meant Haye had to produce something special yet when he did in the last round, Wladimir held immediately and that's natural.

Guest The Beltster

Boring as shit, Haye looked like crap and was easily picked apart, then blamed his sore toe :lol

It would be nice for somebody to be gracious in defeat for once.

It would be nice for somebody to be gracious in defeat for once.

This!!

I mean Haye walked into the weigh in with those flip flops and was grand, the fact is he was out boxed on the night and could do f**k all to counter act Klitschko's jab.

Guest The GS

Loved the fight, probably because I wanted Klitschko to win so much and he just whooped Haye.

And, "ow my toe hurts"; :lol :lol

Hopefully Hayes gonna be a bit more humble now. If he pulls the same mouthy sh*t next time and loses again, then that's his career done.

This has almost amused me as much as when Prince Naseem finally got his comeuppance. :D

Guest Jayfunk

I forgot how poor boxing PPV's are in terms of quality, how long did haye take to get ready, why annouce him until he was ready! Mcmahon could teach them a thing or two about production.

The fight itself was one side, hayes never at any stage looked like he could beat him, and the fact it went to 12 rounds flattered hayes alot

Guest bigmatt
All the pre-match nonsense from Haye is done deliberately to sell the fight. People who were going to buy it; buy it anyway and people who get sucked into wanting to see the nice, humble guy beat the mouthy, arrogant guy, buy it because of that. And if Haye wins they pay for the next humble guy to beat him and then the next one. Klitchko was fantastic though.