Martial Arts

Z! True Long Island Story Appreciation Thread

Guest Jimmy Redman

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Scott Stanford, you WONDERFUL man...:wub

Seriously, WWE need to do something, ANYTHING, with Zack Ryder. This is ridiculous now, the guy's obviously got a following, and they're ignoring the sh*t out of it.

God bless, the lad is trying though, he's even custom made them an issue with John Morrison and everything, and they still won't bite. They can't ignore this for much longer, surely?

Maybe (unlikely, but maybe) WWE are in on it. I imagine a wrestler publicly talking about the company in a negative manner regarding them wouldn't be tolerated.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Seriously? A bunch of dudes complain about the company on Twitter, all the time. Not that WWE like it, obviously, but they're not orchestrating Zack Ryder. If he was getting anything out of it, maybe, but...he's not. They're just ignoring him.

Seriously? A bunch of dudes complain about the company on Twitter, all the time. Not that WWE like it, obviously, but they're not orchestrating Zack Ryder. If he was getting anything out of it, maybe, but...he's not. They're just ignoring him.
I didn't say they were orchestrating it, I said maybe (and added it was unlikely) they were in on it - i.e. they know about it and are letting it build some steam before doing something about it.

Guest Jimmy Redman

I think they know about it...and are ignoring it.

He'd have to build some serious momentum in order for them to actually push him on Raw. I mean, I'd love it, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Another good episode :lol

The following he has gained in a matter of months is unreal, i mean the supplement draft he was the only wrestler out of the entire roster that everyone kept talking about cause they want to see him get a push

I think he's done enough to get least some chance on raw, i mean come on he's getting tons of fans posting to be broski of the week.

He's went from being nothing to putting in hard work in all aspects (i hope) to being someone that everyone wants as a up and comer.

From the wrestling observer:

Just want to say something about Zach Ryder. Zach has a Youtube show that is very popular among Zach fans. In fact, his videos are being watched by approximately 10 times the number of people who are watching NXT on the official WWE Fan Nation Youtube page. I've also been told that people are, and this is a direct quote, "spamming the WWE facebook and twitter accounts for days now", hoping that this will "help the Ryder Revolution grow". What I'm about to say is probably going to be construed as something against Ryder, but it's not, and in fact he's kind of in a lose-lose situation here. My advice is, stop doing this immediately if you're a Zach Ryder fan. If this was any other company maybe in the world, yes, all of this viral attention would probably serve him well. But this is WWE, and in almost EVERY case historically, if a guy gets over and it was not WWE's doing, then WWE has to prove that, in fact, he can't get over, and that he's really no good at all. There is a reason Bryan Danielson was given a new name and given Miz as his "mentor" on NXT. Same with Kaval and Laycool. Same with nearly every other guy who got over huge on the indy scene. You get over huge on the indy scene and it's WWE's "job" to prove that you are not, in fact, really any good at all, and if you do finally get over in WWE, like CM Punk, it's after a long period of having to suffer, do jobs, be booked in a ridiculous manner with ridiculous people, hear that you "can't work", etc. So, long story short, bombarding WWE's Twitter and Facebook pages with Zach Ryder stuff is FAR more likely to backfire than it is to get him a push on Raw or Smackdown. In fact, quite frankly if you want Zach to get a minor push, your best bet is to have Dave or I write in the newsletter that Zach is on the verge of being released and will never be seen on Raw or Smackdown again, at which point he'll probably get a win on one or both shows the following week.

In fact, quite frankly if you want Zach to get a minor push, your best bet is to have Dave or I write in the newsletter that Zach is on the verge of being released and will never be seen on Raw or Smackdown again, at which point he'll probably get a win on one or both shows the following week.

That muppet Alvarez is so up himself it's quite sickening.

Guest Jimmy Redman
He was being a bit hysterical there, but underneath there is a valid point. Its going to take something spectacular for Zack Ryder to get pushed on Raw based on the internet.

He was being a bit hysterical there, but underneath there is a valid point. Its going to take something spectacular for Zack Ryder to get pushed on Raw based on the internet.

If enough people hit his Youtube page and make a fuss about him on Twitter on Facebook etc., and I mean shitloads of people then he will get pushed, Vince would love that, he would see it as being in touch with the "cool" people.

Then we run the risk of WWE taking over and trying to influence all things Ryder. At the moment he's in the position where they're not paying attention to him, so he can get away with ever he likes (pretty much). I'm just apprehensive that they'll start writing material for him, and we all know how that generally goes when WWE try to bring the lolz.

Guest John Hancock
Remember it's cut season Chris, if WWE don't have ideas for him, that's not a good thing at this time of year.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Toy fist pumping and the Dont Try This At Home vignette got me.

There was a stark lack of Scott Stanford though.