Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Random News Thread 2012

Guest Saz

Guest Jimmy Redman
I dont think they're deliberately trying to sabotage him per se. More like they're just projecting their own idea of what he is onto his character and booking - they think he's a dorky doofus who's appeal is that he's a geek who tries rather than succeeds, so they book him as that, instead of as a cool guy or a serious competitor.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest whatarush
Hey fellows, was wondering if you guys could help me out, a few weeks ago on Impact (in the UK anyway) they kept airing these video packages for Jeff Hardy with some hardcore band playing one of their songs... what is that band called?!

If it's Jeffs band, then it's Peroxwhy?gen.

Anyway some more news from LOP.net

Hulk Hogan has decided to interject himself into the Kevin Nash vs. Ultimate Warrior e-feud and adamantly says that he's on Team Nash. The Hulkster was asked late Monday night to give his thoughts on a proposed mixed martial arts duel between the two wrestling mega-stars and responded with a rambling post trashing the founding father of ring intensity.

"Kevin would destroy him ,the wattiors already got a million excuses, if you touch me or I need to train for a year now u can see tight through the ass clown and most people now get way he was a pain in the ass,couldn't do business, and he sucked in the ring that about says it all, he's irrelevant and totally out of gas except for the few remaining warrior twitter marks," Hogan writes.

"Good luck with ur Great life Jim, I have said my last comment about this looser and his great life he's living. gag me with a spoon. HH"

Days earlier, Hogan offered lighter comments when asked for his thoughts on the feud. He wrote of Warrior, "he's so far gone and has wasted his life ,at this point praying for Jim is the best way to help him and his daughter. HH."

- Goldust said again on Twitter recently that WWE is seriously considering a match between he and brother Cody Rhodes for WrestleMania 28.

- In a new interview with the Fight Club show from Chicago, former World Heavyweight Champion Diamond Dallas Page talks about Chris Jericho using his DDP Yoga to prepare for his WWE return. DDP said:

"Jericho gave a testimony saying DDP Yoga changed my life after one of our workouts. It was powerful for me for him to do that. They (doctors) said Chris Jericho had a herniated L4 and he was done and he came back with my workout. He texted me last night and said Santino (Marella) wants to do your workout. He said, 'I'm gonna get the whole locker room to do it."

"He (Jericho) did not think he was going to be able to come back. Within two weeks (after starting DDP Yoga) he was already feeling, 'wait a minute, I think I'm gonna be able to do this,' and then five weeks, that's when he put that testimonial that changed my life and I'm virtually pain free. Today, he's completely pain free."

DDP also said he recently signed a WWE Legends deal and while he doesn't see himself doing anything in the ring, the only person he would think about working with is Randy Orton so they could play off the Diamond Cutter vs. RKO angle.

- The WWE Network delay has been confirmed as several key people involved were told this past week. Nobody knows the new launch date yet but people were told to get rid of all April 1st mentioned. Word going around at RAW was that it will launch this Fall.

Vince McMahon is looking to get more Legends involved with the Network and has reportedly reached out to people who in the past he wouldn't have.

A reality show, presumably Legends House, will begin filming soon and will go for 21 weeks, including post-production. The house will be in the Palm Springs area and 10 episodes will be shot.

- After discussing Randy Orton winning the Royal Rumble, WWE creative talked about having someone else win it this week. Chris Jericho is in the running to win the Rumble main event since he's likely going to be challenging CM Punk for the WWE Title at WrestleMania 28.

- As noted before, WWE officials have had talks about Chris Jericho winning the Royal Rumble this year. There was an idea suggested this past weekend where Jericho won't speak on RAW until after the Rumble. This would see Jericho give his big victory speech, speak for the first time since returning and likely call out WWE Champion CM Punk for WrestleMania 28.

- Word is that basketball legend Shaquille O'Neal is either very close to signing or has already signed a deal for WrestleMania 28. WWE creative has been told to come up with ideas for him.

Regarding Brock Lesnar, nobody has been told to come up with anything for him and when one person asked Vince McMahon that if Lesnar did come in, would Paul Heyman be part of the package, Vince said Heyman wouldn't. The feeling is that if any talks are happening between WWE and Lesnar, it would be kept very quiet and creative would be kept out of the loop until the time is right

- People close to Evan Bourne say the stories about him having heat because of R-Truth's suspension and the two drug test failures were unrelated. Regarding last week's story, one claim is that it was Bourne who went to Triple H and apologized for failing the drug test - not Triple H confronting Bourne.

- After an article appeared on WWE's website last week about the old Women's Tag Team Titles, there was talk internally of creating a Divas Tag Team Title but the idea was shot down. The titles would have been mainly for The Bella Twins, who are being given more TV time.

- WWE announcing Edge for this year's Hall of Fame in Miami would indicate that Toronto will not host WrestleMania 29 next year. Toronto had been discussed but news came out today that Dallas, Texas and Cowboys Stadium is being considered for next year. The idea would be to use Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar and perhaps The Undertaker's retirement as the big outside draws. Toronto was expected to see Trish Stratus and Edge go into the Hall next year if it hosted WrestleMania.

- A new video on Scott Hall's YouTube channel features Larry Zbysko doing an independent match in Florida. The video opens up with a graphic that reads:

"Quick update on Scott Hall, he's doing very well in rehab and will be evaluated for his release soon. WWE has been monitoring his stay so you may see him on another channel soon."

Speaking to TMZ, Hulk Hogan says he plans to shave off his trademark facial hair and skullet for a film role.

"I'm getting ready to go on some auditions. I'm getting ready to shave my head and my mustache. So that should be scary," he told a TMZ cameraman who was waiting outside his Florida residence Wednesday.

The wrestling legend also said he feels better after undergoing dental surgery Tuesday night, which resulted in doctors removing a metal tack from his mouth and cleaning up the surrounding infection. In October he went in for dental surgery to get implants. The doctor performed a sinus graft, placing a donor bone in the mouth to support the implant. The TMZ cameraman asked Hogan where he got the donor bone.

"I think I got it from some dead... you know one of my dead ex-wrestling... aww I shouldn't say it," Hogan jokes.

Guest Jimmy Redman
The funny thing about the women's tag team title idea (apart from DS's joke) is that, while TNA are the ones with the tag belts, its actually WWE who have had women's tag teams all this time. The last two years or so the women have been all about teams - the Bellas, LayCool, the Boobs, Kelly and Tiffany, Kelly and Eve, AJ and Kaitlyn. They've probably had more actual tag teams than TNA have had with a tag division, since they never seem to have any, just makeshifts.

Guest The Bisch

from pwtorch.com

A spokesman for Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas says stadium officials were unable to reach an agreement with WWE to host WrestleMania in 2013 or 2014. "We can't host WrestleMania the next two years because of NCAA Regional in '13 and Final Four in '14. We've talked with them and gave it a shot but couldn't make the schedule work," spokesman Brett Daniels told the Dallas Observer, a weekly alternative newspaper. WWE is expected to announce next year's WrestleMania in New Jersey at MetLife Stadium.

Here's the greatest man on earth...just for you Jimmy. @ 1min 47

[video=youtube_share;sRAZRi-fGak]http://youtu.be/sRAZRi-fGak?t=1m47s

and this is quite interesting from WWE.com

- WWE's website has a two-part article up asking why do fans cheer for John Cena and why do they chant that he sucks.

Here are a few reasons they list on why fans cheer Cena:

* He follows his own mantra

* He's an inspiration

* He thinks of the children

* He likes Zack Ryder and he isn't The Rock

It appears they have disabled the article on why fans chant Cena sucks but here are a few of the reasons they had listed:

* You're tired of his shtick

* He's Hulk Hogan all over again

* You think he can't wrestle

* He hogs the spotlight

Some news from LOP.net

- TNA star Kurt Angle says WWE is knocking on his door but he's sticking with TNA. When a fan asked Angle if he would be showing up at WWE's Royal Rumble, he replied:

"Nope! I'm Happy Where I Am. No Rumble for Me!!!! My Loyalty Is With Tna. Wwe Is Knocking On My Door, But I Won't Answer."

Earlier in the week, Angle told Jim Ross:

"You Will Call My Last Match. Somehow. Love You."

Angle also wished Jack Swagger much success in WWE, after making comments in the past about Swagger using the ankle lock.

Angle bullshiting again? :lol

- WWE has signed independent wrestler Jody Kristofferson to a developmental deal. Jody is the son of actor and musician Kris Kristofferson.

Kristofferson impressed Triple H months ago at a tryout, even more when he found out who his father was, and word is that the deal has been in place for some time but WWE didn't want it getting out. Jody finished up with the APW promotion in California this weekend and will likely start with FCW in Tampa next month.

- Mr. Anderson has been out of the TNA storylines because creative reportedly has nothing for him. Anderson hasn't appeared on Impact Wrestling since late November.

Mark Henry wrote the following to his "haters" on Twitter last night:

"A push is what smarties say. I took my title,and will slap piss out of anyone who says different. better I feel the more will go in da hall. I don't tweet a lot mainly because of the dumb,week,stupid things I read. To all those who respect my work an sacrifice This is for you. To the haters Welcome To The twitter Hall of Pain. (evil laugh) I know u hear it."

What a man and because he's the man...

- WWE Superstar Mark Henry was hanging out with Batista backstage at the Wu-Tang concert in Austin, Texas this weekend. The two ended up hanging out with Wu on their tour bus.

- Look for WWE Superstars Wade Barrett and Ted DiBiase Jr. to get new theme songs soon.

No more "I've had enough, I'll make them see"? :( Well at least DiBiase is getting new music. Much needed.

- Cohen sent word that the theme song for WrestleMania 28 will be "Invincible" by Machine Gun Kelly.

I doubt Anderson will end up back in WWE. I don't seem to remember them parting all that amicable. Edited by Magic

Guest Jimmy Redman

No way he goes back. They majorly had the sh*ts with him in the first place, and he's lost everything that he ever had, from his look to his motivation to his talent.

Yes, he used to have talent. Dont act like you werent there in 2006.

Another block of news, some long bits and pieces.

- WWE is listed as one of 354 major companies that support the Stop Online Piracy Act, better known as SOPA.

Shannon Spruill (a/k/a Daffney) says she is proceeding with her workers' compensation claim against TNA Wrestling stemming from injuries she sustained while working for the organization in 2009 and 2010.

"Great day today. Just wanted to let everybody know that the Workers' Comp Claim is going well. Although it's been a long road, I continue to keep my head up. Hoping for some good results," she tweeted Tuesday.

Spruill stated last March immediately following her departure from TNA Wrestling that she had filed a workers' compensation claim against the organization. There were issues between Spruill and management regarding her medical expenses being covered after she suffered a concussion taking a bump through a board covered with barbed wire at the October 18, 2009 pay-per-view event Bound for Glory.

Creative writer Vince Russo and former Director of Talent Relations Terry Taylor pressured Spruill into performing the spot, reasoning that it was important for the ongoing feud between Abyss and Mick Foley. Spruill, who was hesitant on the idea, was assured that she would be fine. She suffered a concussion taking the maneuver and was taken to an Orlando, Florida area hospital via ambulance. Spike TV wouldn’t allow TNA to air the spot during the following episode of iMPACT! due to their policy on men-on-women violence.

Spruill's emergency room visit resulted in a substantial medical bill, which Taylor stalled TNA from paying and ultimately was not. She also claimed she was pressured to continue performing after suffering two additional concussions. She suffered a concussion after being hit on the head with a toolbox by Tara following their match on the February 18, 2010 episode of iMPACT!. On April 20, 2010, she was injured in a dark match against an obese inexperienced worker named Miss Betsy and was taken to an Orlando area hospital, where she was diagnosed with a concussion, as well as a deeply bruised sternum and a severe stinger.

The argument could be made that TNA has the legal right to sue WWE since they are using a contracted TNA performer to draw ticket sales and DVD sales for the 2012 WWE Hall of Fame with Ric Flair being inducted with The Four Horsemen.

No word yet if TNA will pursue any kind of action against WWE but as of earlier this week, they had not made any decision. It's possible TNA could work out a deal where WWE would pay them a settlement for their usage of Flair.

Flair has admitted privately that the 2012 WWE Hall of Fame appearance is not a done deal legally and referred to getting TNA's approval as a "technicality."

- Word going around is that Ric Flair has signed a major business deal that has nothing to do with pro wrestling.

WWE officials had talks this week about how to publicly handle a change in launch date for the new Network. Kevin Dunn has gained power in the Network and he's come up with several ideas for 30-minute shows.

This has re-solidified Dunn in Vince McMahon's eyes as a "battle-tested asset" and a key part of the WWE hierarchy. It's been expected that Dunn's position of power will be gone once Stephanie McMahon and Triple H take over.

- Look for WWE to come up with a new babyface tag team to challenge Primo and Epico for the Tag Team Titles. WWE had plans in place for Primo & Epico's tag team title run but Evan Bourne's most recent suspension sped things up.

- No word yet if Alberto Del Rio will be in the Royal Rumble main event this year but the last we heard was that he likely wouldn't be back in time.

- Vince McMahon reportedly purchased three new Ferraris in the past week.

- Below is the synopsis and content listing for "The Rock: The Epic Journey of Dwayne Johnson." The DVD and Blu-ray set will be released on February 21st.

"He electrified a generation of sports entertainment fans with his brash style, superb athleticism, and uproarious interviews. He held the WWE Championship a record seven times, and was known for legendary battles with ''Stone Cold'' Steve Austin, Triple H, Mick Foley, Undertaker, and more. And at the peak of his popularity, he made a move to conquer a new industry, becoming an enormous movie star. Now, he's back in WWE, ready to main event the biggest WrestleMania in history, ''The People's WrestleMania.'' In the exciting buildup to WrestleMania XVIII, fans can, for the first time ever on DVD, relive the exciting life and times of the Rock. Packed with brand new interviews as well as a selection of the Rock's biggest career-spanning bouts, moments, and promos, this DVD/Blu-Ray set will electrify every member of Team Bring It!"

Disc 1:

Documentary Chapters and Features

Family Tradition

The U

Blue-Chip

Rocky Sucks

Nation of Domination

The Corporate Champion

Fighting for Number One

The People’s Champion

Rock & Sock Connection

Mainstream Star

Electrifying

Icon vs. Icon

Backlash

Rock Concert

“The Rock Has Done it All”

Hollywood Sensation

Twentieth Anniversary

Honouring his Family

Rock Comes Home

A Year in the Making

Happy Birthday

Rock’s Toy Chest

Disc 2: MATCHES

Rocky's debut: Rocky Maivia, Marc Mero, Barry Windham & Jake “The Snake” Roberts vs. Hunter Hearst- Helmsley, Goldust, Crush & Jerry “The King” Lawler

Survivor Series 17th November, 1996

Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship

The Rock vs. Triple H

SummerSlam 30th August, 1998

Triple Threat Cage Match

The Rock vs. Mankind vs. Ken Shamrock

Breakdown 27th September, 1998

“I Quit” Match for the WWE Championship

The Rock vs. Mankind

Royal Rumble 24th January, 1999

No Holds Barred Match for the WWE Championship

The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

Backlash 25th April, 1999

Disc 3

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship

The Rock vs. Kurt Angle vs. Triple H

SummerSlam 27th August, 2000

World Tag Team Championship Match

The Rock & Undertaker vs. Edge & Christian

Raw 18th December, 2000

The Rock vs. Ric Flair

Raw 29th July, 2002

WWE Undisputed Championship Match

The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar

SummerSlam 25th August, 2002

The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan

No Way Out 23rd February, 2003

The Rock returns to Raw

Raw 24th February, 2003

The Rock Concert II

Raw 21st April, 2003

The WrestleMania Guest Host

Raw 14th February, 2011

The People's WrestleMania

WrestleMania XXVII 3rd April, 2011

Blu-Ray Exclusives

The Rock challenges John Cena for WrestleMania XXVIII

Raw 4th April, 2011

The Rock's Birthday Celebration

Raw 2nd May, 2011

Never Before, Never Again

The Rock & John Cena vs. Awesome Truth

Survivor Series 20th November, 2011

Farmland

People’s Elbow

Toy Chest

The Rock Thanks New York City

Loads of tweets from Chyna rambling on about Vince McMahon, so I'll just post the link for anyone interested.

Chyna posted rambling diatribes Wednesday and Thursday on Twitter accusing Vince McMahon and WWE of trying to ruin her life. She, however, vows to take on her former employer.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Chyna_Rambles_On_Vince_McMahon_and_WWE_-_I_m_Coming_For_You_Vince.html