Martial Arts

Random News Thread 2012

Guest Saz

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BratSan
How is Jeff Hardy painting his face news in 2012? He's been doing it on every single show for years, and everybody is indignant all of a sudden? Because its blue?

There's a difference between doing something and then going nuts and overdoing it by miles.

Since I'm fairly sure this is also the random comments thread, I've just watched Survivor Series and the Rock should never, ever do the sharpshooter again. He looks like he's trying to take a dump, it's just horrible and hilarious at the same time.

Guest John Hancock
Yeah, the Rock's Sharpshooter was truly a horrific sight. I seem to remember Bret Hart getting really pissed about it and eventually offering to actually teach the Rock how to do it properly, but the Rock declined the offer. I think Owen Hart taught him it for that Survivor Series spot, which is why he insisted on doing it in later matches too, as a tribute.

Guest John Hancock
To be clear, I'm only guessing about it being an Owen tribute, because they were stable-mates in the Nation of Domination (because Owen Hart was a militant black Muslim). It might just be that the Rock liked doing the Sharpshooter.

Owen must be spinning in his grave

Riki Choshu says hi.

[video=youtube;YfYqD_O8r3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfYqD_O8r3I

Not to be pedantic, but the Sharpshooter and Scorpion Deathlock are a bit different. Bret's Sharpshooter is stepping in with the left leg and the Scorpion is stepping in with the right. Minor detail I know, but it's one of the few peeves I have.

Some proofs:

[video=youtube;9xVzBL2ev84]

[video=youtube;5X-W11oXlgw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-W11oXlgw

It's my all time favorite lower body submission and I've always been very defensive about it for some strange reason.

Guest John Hancock
Random fact I learned whilst researching a Wrestling 101 article; Konnan taught Bret how to do the Sharpshooter on the advise of Pat Patterson.