Martial Arts

Random Fight Forum News and Comments 2013

Guest John Hancock

Guest Frank Botch
Mark Hunt maybe?.

The only answer I think:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18gh6bro8r0zhpng/original.png

#Hunt4TheGold!!!!Etc!!!

(They will probably just pospone JDS/Overeem)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
Dana White: Alistair Overeem, not Mark Hunt, will fight Junior dos Santos next

~ Ariel Helwani

Looks like the fight's just getting postponed. Booooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiing.

Hunt vs. Velasquez.

Guest John Hancock
The winner of Tate/ThatOtherBroad will coach the next season of The Ultimate Fighter with Ronda Rousey. The cast will be made up of both male and female bantamweights living in the house together.

• 3 weeks later...
--UFC has inked a new TV deal with BT Sports in the U.K. when the ESPN U.K. contract ends in August. We don't have anymore details and nobody in UFC is talking about it yet.

Looks like I'm going to have to spend even more to watch it, but at least it should mean no PPVs.

It's a new sport channel launching when BT launch their satellite service in the summer. It's almost literally going to have all the programming ESPN has as Disney have basically pulled ESPN out of the UK after they lost their Premiership rights. Football, Rugby, UFC and anything else that's on offer will be there soon.

I'm not entirely sure. As BT are going to be running their own competition to Sky they could quite easily make their sports package exclusive to their own subscribers and freeze Sky customers out in the future, but for the time being they have secured two slots (one HD and one SD) on Sky's programming schedule in preparation for their launch in the summer.

Whilst I was researching all this I also saw that they may be getting a third channel for on-demand and PPV shows so the chance of having to pay to watch individual UFC shows at 2am is still a possibility.

Guest John Hancock
Shameless circle-jerking/name-dropping, but a member of the kickboxing team I train with in London won her first professional fight at Invicta tonight via submission, so I'm hugely happy for her.

You're gonna have to tell us who it is, there were six submissions last night including a TWELVE SECOND FLYING ARMBAR. Me need video of that.

The internet is easy. Rose Namajunas ladies and gentlemen:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/04/RoseArmbar.gif

Edited by Chris2K

Guest John Hancock

[video=youtube;3aIAD6o8Ko4]

Aww.

EDIT: Also, Overeem's decided to return his camp to the Netherlands for his next fight, to train with all his old Dutch K-1 kickboxing buddies.

Edited by John Hancock

After reading his interviews to hype up his next fight, I really hope Tyson Fury gets humiliated when he takes on Steve Cunningham tomorrow.

All his previous interviews have been the same and I've wanted him to lose before, but this time it's almost an overwhelming obsession to see him lose and lose badly.