Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

RAW's 20th Anniversary Discussion Thread - January 14, 2013 from Houston, TX (#1025)

TPIB

I've just realised that most of the ones with surnames have left:

Beth Phoenix

Kelly Kelly

Nikki Bella

Brie Bella

Eve Torres

Here's the current divas roster:

Layla

Kaitlyn

Natalya

AJ Lee

Tamina

Alicia Fox

Aksana

And non-wrestlers:

Cameron

Naomi

Rosa Mendes

Vickie Guerrero

Yikes.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman

Jesus. If they wanted to they could hold the fort down with Layla, AJ, Naomi, Natalya, and Natalya vs Alicia Fox. But Jesus. Aksana is God awful. Tamina not much better. Kaitlyn is just beginning to not suck. And AJ and Naomi arent even working.

My life man.

Guest Ciaran The King
Okay edition of Raw, feel that they could have done more. Matches were good and Rock/Punk was again entertaining, after the hype Rock's concert really didn't deliver

The only good thing from the show besides Ambrose walking face first into the set.

[video=youtube;Ie3xX28XYxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie3xX28XYxc

I'm sorry but the Rock did nothing for me. He got over by making fun of fat, ugly heels. Ooh that's creative and original. I'm sure all the 13 year olds loved it. Pauly's fat, can see his penis, twinkie tits, cookie puss, all that stuff was garbage. The only reason the Vickie song was funny was because of the way she sold it. The Rock is painfully overrated and I hope Punk makes his part time ass tap out at the Rumble.

Sorry, dsr, no disrespect, but I hated that shit.

Guest John Hancock

The Rock's new gimmick is to just mention out of stock American confectionary.

I say I didn't like the Rock's promo but 13 year old me would have loved it, because being like that, and using words like that was cool when I was 13, so I appreciate that I'm not the audience for this sort of thing at all. I'm sure it did the job it was supposed to with the people it was supposed to (and dsr :P). It certainly wasn't John Cena levels of awkward, PG goofiness.

Guest Canned Heat

Yeah, I should have mentioned that I didn't like the Heyman song. But I did think his DELIVERY when he said "Beotch" was really good. See, anybody can say "curse" words. But it takes someone with good delivery to get the point across. That's what was funny about it to me, at least. Perfect Delivery.

Another thing that I was thinking The Rock should have done that would have gotten a HUGE POP. You know, since he brought back the "Just Bring It" shirt, when Punk was at the top of the ramp, Rock should have went throwback and gave Punk the "Just...Bring...It" Hand gesture.

I would have loved it 10+ years ago myself and in my opinion that's where those jokes belong - in the past. I have nothing against comedy in wrestling. I love El Generico and Colt Cabana for Pete's sake. It's just that the stuff Rock's doing is juvenile and ancient and none of his references are relevant. Ric Flair could cut a better promo related to current events and he has no idea what year it is even with that Rolex Shawn gave him.

Like Johnny said, still better than Cena so I guess i shouldn't bitch too much EXCEPT Cena had a shit promo full of garbage no one cares about either. A Braden Walker reference? Really? Who gives a single F*CK about a Braden Walker reference? Get the hell outta here with that weak shit.

If I had to describe the 20th Anniversary of RAW Celebration in one word, it would have to be, "disappointing".

I don't entirely blame the WWE for what a letdown RAW was, I blame a lot of the wrestling sites who got our hopes up (or at least mine) with rumors of some sort of Evolution reunion or, at the least, a Shawn Michaels appearance or something.

The promo video for the 20th Anniversary of RAW Celebration even teased appearances by guys like Vader and Sid, but we got nothing of the sort. Would it really have been that difficult to get Vader, Sid, Kevin Nash, Road Dogg, or somebody to make a special appearance? They could have easily used the guys that are on the road with them anyways and put them on TV, but they opted not to for whatever reason.

I did not care about the Rock Concert at all before RAW and, after the Rock Concert, I wondered why they even bothered doing it at all. Did they really have to have The Rock do his best singer impersonation for him to insult Paul Heyman and Vickie Guerrero? Sure, the Vickie insults were pretty funny, but that doesn't mean that we had to have this whole concert setup for it.

To say The Rock has lost his former 'shine' is a major understatement. In my opinion, he just does not have what it takes to entertain in a WWE environment anymore. Sure, he can "electrify" most of the live crowd, but to the rest of us, it's just a boring annoyance.

Back to what they could have done on RAW, they had The Rock and Mick Foley in the same arena and they have the chance to have this big Rock N' Sock reunion in the ring in front of the crowd, but instead, they have Rock & Foley reunite in a short, throwaway backstage segment.

As they do with most things nowadays, WWE have ruined the whole Shield angle. The biggest way they have done this is inconsistency. In the beginning, The Shield were protecting CM Punk under the ruse of being a "shield from injustice" and it fit in well, but now they only protect Punk in title matches and that does not really add up in kayfabe terms. For two weeks now, they have decided to not have The Shield attack The Rock, regardless of how much sense it makes on both counts. The "injustice" part of it is that The Rock did not have to do anything to become the #1 Contender and that would give some sort of excuse for The Shield attacking Rock.

Instead of going with the logical, the WWE has made it more about The Shield targeting guys like Ryback, Sheamus, The Miz, and Randy Orton than it is about protecting CM Punk. I think I would be less critical of their handling of The Shield if they would not ask what the "injustice" is every time they attack and just peg them as being in it for the same reasons as The Nexus.

Speaking of inconsistency, what exactly are they doing with Vickie Guerrero? She's supposed to be in charge as the Managing Supervisor of RAW, but she rarely makes any actual decisions. It becomes especially apparent when you compare it with what they are doing with Booker T as the GM on SmackDown.

Edited by TPIB