Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

2013 WWE Hall of Fame Discussion Thread - April 6, 2013 from New York City, NY

TPIB

Guest John Hancock
Same with Sammartino, who would be a lock for this year's event.

Sammartinio being inducted in MSG would be absolutely beautiful.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
Savage wont go in unless Lanny and his dad go in, all as a family and Vince is having none of it. He doesn't like Randy as it is so he doesn't need any more reasons to keep him out.

Guest Ciaran The King
Bam Bam is a great shout, but the Savage argument should end because as long as Vince is alive it's not happening

Vince and Savage worked together before his death though, so surely their relationship had thawed a bit?

Lanny is an absolute pr*ck. You could argue his dad should be in the HOF but him? I don't see it. He doesn't belong in the HOF and if the WWE don't want him there, he shouldn't prevent his brother being inducted. It's ridiculously selfish.

Guest The Beltster
Vince and Savage worked together before his death though, so surely their relationship had thawed a bit?
They didn't work together again. If you are talking about the action figures and being in some video games, Vince was dead set against it but THQ and Mattel worked out deals with Savage directly, he had no interaction with McMahon.

Lanny is an absolute pr*ck. You could argue his dad should be in the HOF but him? I don't see it. He doesn't belong in the HOF and if the WWE don't want him there, he shouldn't prevent his brother being inducted. It's ridiculously selfish.
I think you're angry at the wrong guy here bro. Lanny isn't preventing anything out of selfishness, he is adhering to Randy's wishes. Randy is the one who made it perfectly clear to Lanny and his mother than if anything were to happen to him, he didn't want them to allow WWE to put him into the HOF unless the Poffo family went in as a unit, like the Von Erich's. So Lanny isn't to blame.

As for him being a *****, personally I like the guy, he seems like a nice bloke, albeit a bit eccentric. And as for not being deserving, once you have your limo driver in there, there's no such thing as an undeserving inductee. The Genius was as memorable as any other gimmick in the Hulkamania glory years.

More rumor and speculation regarding the Hall of Fame. This time the name being thrown around is...

..King Kong Bundy. From his twitter:

Sounds like someone listened to the #Bundyholics regarding my Hall of Fame. Huge announcement tomorrow night #FIVE

I guess we'll have to wait and see if this news is legit.

They didn't work together again. If you are talking about the action figures and being in some video games, Vince was dead set against it but THQ and Mattel worked out deals with Savage directly, he had no interaction with McMahon.

I think you're angry at the wrong guy here bro. Lanny isn't preventing anything out of selfishness, he is adhering to Randy's wishes. Randy is the one who made it perfectly clear to Lanny and his mother than if anything were to happen to him, he didn't want them to allow WWE to put him into the HOF unless the Poffo family went in as a unit, like the Von Erich's. So Lanny isn't to blame.

As for him being a *****, personally I like the guy, he seems like a nice bloke, albeit a bit eccentric. And as for not being deserving, once you have your limo driver in there, there's no such thing as an undeserving inductee. The Genius was as memorable as any other gimmick in the Hulkamania glory years.

Ah, that's fair enough then. I thought McMahon would have been able to prevent the deals with THQ/Mattel if he wanted to.

Was there ever an explanation to the issues Vince and Savage had?

Wasn't it that fact that Savage and Stephanie had consensual sex but Steph was under age (14) so it was technically rape and her dad took major offence. That's the rumour any how but there is also the rumour that he got Shane stated on cocaine when he was in high school. Those rumours have been around for years but no one has ever come out and said they are true so not sure really

Guest John Hancock
Wasn't it that fact that Savage and Stephanie had consensual sex but Steph was under age (14) so it was technically rape and her dad took major offence. That's the rumour any how but there is also the rumour that he got Shane stated on cocaine when he was in high school. Those rumours have been around for years but no one has ever come out and said they are true so not sure really

Well, that's the rumour, but there's no actual evidence supporting them.

The thing that makes me think that there has to be something to the rumours is no one seems to have flat out denied it either also the rumours have been round for so long.

Guest John Hancock

But what can anyone say really? "I categorically state that Randy Savage didn't have sex with my underage daughter"? There's no diplomatic way to say that without making it even worse, so I think, true or otherwise, the WWE are dealing with the rumour the best way they can.

Obviously, there's something going on with Savage and Vince, I just don't think there's any evidence for or against it being the Shane/coke or Steph/pedo theories.

I thought the Steph/Savage rumours were dismissed a while back? It would explain the animosity but if Savage did anything illegal, surely the police would have been involved? Though wrestling is a business which always hides certain things, for whatever reason.

Guest John Hancock
The more sensible rumour is that it was legal, Vinnie Mac was just mad. That's the "Ask Oliver" angle, that something happened on the 1992 Germany tour when Steph had JUST 18.