Martial Arts

2013 WWE Hall of Fame Discussion Thread - April 6, 2013 from New York City, NY

TPIB

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1992, Stephanie was 16.

Which would explain why Vince was pissed but the police weren't involved. The age of consent is 14 in Germany, though if the guy is 21, it's only so long as the minor doesn't file an exploitation complaint after the fact.

Guest John Hancock
1992, Stephanie was 16.

Well then! Either it was 1994, or she was 16 then I guess. Either way, Germany would appear to be the place it happened if it did happen.

Guest Fatherof10minis
I think if the hall is in MSG this year guys like Jake the Snake should be up there, Rick Martel, and for tag teams British Bulldogs and dammit I wish I had a petition but, Jacquea Rougeau to the Hall fellas, make it happen. Anyways props to Mrs Foleys baby boy on the Hall.

Guest The Beltster
I think if the hall is in MSG this year guys like Jake the Snake should be up there, Rick Martel, and for tag teams British Bulldogs and dammit I wish I had a petition but, Jacquea Rougeau to the Hall fellas, make it happen. Anyways props to Mrs Foleys baby boy on the Hall.
Just out of interest, but what does MSG have to do with any of those guys you mentioned? Not a single one of those guys sold out MSG once or have any connection to the building other than being on the undercard of shows Hogan sold out.

Guest Fatherof10minis

Bossman headlined shows with Hogan at MSG if I recall and Jake headlined a few when he was feuding with Rick Rude and Ted Dibiase.

And if you look at it that way, nobody from 1985 to 1992 should be in then either. Koko B Ware, Jim Duggan never headlined and they are in.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Just out of interest, but what does MSG have to do with any of those guys you mentioned? Not a single one of those guys sold out MSG once or have any connection to the building other than being on the undercard of shows Hogan sold out.

I think its not so much the building as much as it symbolising "New York" and WWF as the crown jewel of the Northeast in the 80s period they are stars from.

Ron Simmons in Atlanta had nothing to do with the Georgia Dome, and everyhing to do with it being the spiritual home of WCW.

Guest Fatherof10minis
I think its not so much the building as much as it symbolising "New York" and WWF as the crown jewel of the Northeast in the 80s period they are stars from.

Ron Simmons in Atlanta had nothing to do with the Georgia Dome, and everyhing to do with it being the spiritual home of WCW.

Yeah that's what I was getting at.

Guest The Beltster
I don't associate Jacques Rougeau or Rick Martel with MSG, at all. Or the Bulldogs. I think there are only a few wrestlers who are automatically associated with certain buildings and I don't really agree with the ones you mentioned, but fair enough on your reason.

Guest Fatherof10minis
I watch old MSG shows often from the mid 80s and the Bulldogs were over big time in that building. The other 2 are a stretch I will give in to that, but Bulldogs had great matches at MSG with Hart Foundation, Rougeaus, Dream Team, and the Islanders. I guess its hard to connect them to MSG being they were hailed from England and all.

Guest terrythunk
It still makes me laugh how seriously people take this Hall of Fame. Arguing that people didn't sell out a certain building, didn't headline etc. Vince's Dad's limo driver who is in the HOF has to be laughing his ass off in heaven.

so was i the only one surprised that

Bob Backlund

is getting inducted? Don't get me wrong completely and absolutely deserving and should have been in well long time ago but i always thought he was similar with sammartino about being inducted.

Guest The Beltster
Backlund is one of the legit few deserving guys to be put into a HOF. Nice to see he dropped his stubborn stance of having 'one more run' before going in.

Guest FreeSpirit
Bob Backlund is awesome. All round great wrestler and just absolutely hilarious. Would be nice to see The Iron Shiek induct him at MSG!!