Fan Clubs | beta

Doctor Who 2013

Kam

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigmatt
I heard that the BBC were promising some bonus footage if the people who received the Blu-rays early didn't reveal the plot (I'm assuming it's a small number). Without repeating them, are the spoilers out there yet?

Part of me thinks thus could be a story made up by the BBC to create hype.

To send out the Blu-Rays 3 weeks early, really?

Anyways, Im looking forward to it, not so much The Doctors name as thats going to be a let down of huge proportions. But Clara yes she intrests me. Its a pr3tty sad state of affairs when im more emotionally involved with Clara than I ever have been with River, and she first reared her head nearly 5 years ago now! Saying that part of me thinks that Clara may of been around as long if not longer.

We'll probably more than likely see David Tennant pop up in a cliffhanger ending I would think, so that'll be a bonus.

Odds on the final word in the episode to be "what" ?

The day has arrived and I've avoided all Spoilers.

If Steven Moffats going to dissapoint I'm going to be dissapointed when he wants me to be.

But I jest from the 2nd half of this series, basically when they got rid of the tiresome Amy and Rory soap has been pretty good. Clara has given the show a new lease of life. Plus from the Non spoiler reviews I've seen tonights episode is meant to be pretty awesome.

We just wait to see how many plot holes it leaves us with.

So anyone have any theories on the whole John Hurt Doctor?

The 2 main ones are that he's the Valeyard or that he's a earlier incarnation of the Doctor from the Time War period.

Great episode though which sets it up brilliantly for the 50th. Other than Smith first episode its probably my favourite since he became The Doctor.

Edited by BRM

• 2 weeks later...

Re watching Torchwood : Children of Earth today.

Apart from being a actual fantastic piece of television, it just goes to show what a well crafted and thought out character Jack Harkness is.

Appose to River Song who was pretty much rammed down our throats without ever really connecting with viewers.

Children of Earth is also just miles ahead of seasons 1 and 2 and the big budget Miracle Day.

Matt Smith to leave Doctor Who

He will bow out in the Christmas special when he will be replaced by a new incarnation of the Time Lord.

Smith, 28, who has been in the role since 2010, said it had been "an honour" to play the part.

He said: "Doctor Who has been the most brilliant experience for me as an actor and a bloke, and that largely is down to the cast, crew and fans of the show.

"I'm incredibly grateful to all the cast and crew who work tirelessly every day, to realise all the elements of the show and deliver Doctor Who to the audience.

"Many of them have become good friends and I'm incredibly proud of what we have achieved over the last four years."

Smith also paid tribute to the programme's producer, Steven Moffat, whose "varied, funny, mind bending and brilliant scripts has been one of the greatest and most rewarding challenges of my career".

He said: "It's been a privilege and a treat to work with Steven, he's a good friend and will continue to shape a brilliant world for the Doctor.

"The fans of Doctor Who around the world are unlike any other; they dress up, shout louder, know more about the history of the show (and speculate more about the future of the show) in a way that I've never seen before, your dedication is truly remarkable.

"Thank you so very much for supporting my incarnation of the Time Lord, number Eleven, who I might add is not done yet, I'm back for the 50th anniversary and the Christmas special."

Smith, who recently made his directorial debut with Cargesee for Sky Arts, has spoken about ambitions for a film-making career.

He became the eleventh, and youngest, incarnation of the Time Lord when he was unveiled as the new Doctor,

He replaced replacing David Tennant who had taken over from Christopher Eccleston in 2005.

It is not yet known who will replace Smith as the Doctor. His most recent on-screen companion, played by Jenna-Louise Coleman, will stay with the show.

Rumours of Smith's departure from the series sparked speculation over who will be his replacement when the Doctor is regenerated in a new form once more.

Favourites include Homeland star Damian Lewis or that Tennant may make a return.

Mr Moffat said:Moffat said: "Every day, on every episode, in every set of rushes, Matt Smith surprised me: the way he'd turn a line, or spin on his heels, or make something funny, or out of nowhere make me cry, I just never knew what was coming next.

"The Doctor can be clown and hero, often at the same time, and Matt rose to both challenges magnificently.

"And even better than that, given the pressures of this extraordinary show,he is one of the nicest and hardest-working people I have ever had the privilege of knowing.

"Whatever we threw at him - sometimes literally - his behaviour was always worthy of the Doctor.

"But great actors always know when it's time for the curtain call, so this Christmas prepare for your hearts to break, as we say goodbye to number Eleven. Thank you Matt - bow ties were never cooler.

"Of course, this isn't the end of the story, because now the search begins. Somewhere out there right now - all unknowing, just going about their business - is someone who's about to become the Doctor.

"A life is going to change, and Doctor Who will be born all over again. After 50 years, that's still so exciting."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/doctor-who/10093520/Matt-Smith-to-quit-Doctor-Who-after-Christmas-special.html