Fan Clubs | beta

Doctor Who 2013

Kam

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC Worldwide have confirmed that The Doctor Who 50th Anniversary will be simulcast in 200 countries at the same time as the BBC One Premiere. Global broadcasters have agreed to show the episode at the same time to avoid any leaks and to celebrate the show's anniversary.

The special extended episode, due to air on November 23, could potentially be the biggest-ever global simulcast of a drama and could fetch more than 100 million viewers from 200 territories.

A simulcast will mean that fans outside of the UK won't get episode details spoiled or leaked before they are able to watch it.

As the episode is due to air in the evening in the UK, viewers in LA could be watching at midday, while fans in Sydney would get an early morning broadcast on Sunday morning (November 24).

The simulcast of the 90-minute episode on TV would be in addition to plans to show the 3D episode in cinemas.

Long-running enemies the Daleks, are set to return for the 50th anniversary episode, as well as former Doctor David Tennant, Joanna Page and John Hurt.

I've also found what may be the best Fan-Made trailer I've ever seen for the the 50th Anniversary.

[video=youtube_share;-2uPfmcCdFw]http://youtu.be/-2uPfmcCdFw

As always the Guardian blog is on form but come on? Just announce him already, why the show on stuff everyone knows? I don't know why I'm watching, I don't even watch Doctor Who. :lol

Guest Anime Otaku
Don't know him, but think an older Doctor might be a good change of pace, and he's Scottish again, which is nice, though it remains to be seen if he'll use the accent.

Guest Jayfunk
So he is the second dr to appear in thr series before he became the dr oddly enough in thst esipode also appear the person who would later play amy pond

Can't wait. I like Matt Smith but the series seems to have become reliant on Smith saying something that doesn't really make much sense or wearing something daft. Capaldi is gonna be great.

Guest Laffy

I hated Matt Smith as the Doctor first time I have ever not watched DR Who but Matt really wound me up could never really see him fit the iconic role. His interview congratulating Peter was weird as well it seemed he was high on drugs.

Also my childhood was slightly tinged seeing the old doctors aging and fat it was really strange. Peter Davidson is now soooo old and has not aged well but bloody hell what happened to Colin Baker???? I loved both of those as the Dr it just seems strange seeing them now.

Also no idea who the guy was with Bernard Cribbin but was so funny that he about four sentances he got loads of facts wrong he was mortified.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jamster26
I've started to watch the Matt Smith Era recently, after only watching episodes here and there since Tennant left, and looking back, I was harsh on him. Now I'm watching each episode, it's allot easier to get into Matt Smith as the doctor.

Guest Jamster26

Man, I loved the Pandorica episode. Just finished watching the episode where the Silence appear / Doctor is killed by the astronaut.

Liked the ending too, with that kid regenerating. Good series so far.