Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  19 members  ·  Free

Anime

Anime - What Are You Watching? 2013

ViciousPrism

I swore we had an Anime thread up in here, but I can't be arsed to find it. But I finished watching Sword Art Online last night. Really good. I didn't give it much of a chance the first time (Switched off before the boss fight in Ep. 1 because I wasn't drawn in) but after giving it another shot, I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for Season 2/3 (Depending on if you count ALF as a season or not)

Guest Anime Otaku

I've started Anime threads a few times but they tend to not be around long. Half tempted to start one for this season that just started or the next one.

I ended up dropping SAO when it was first on, got too much stuff to catch up on like Space Brothers, Kill Me Baby, Accel World and season 2 of Squid Girl. Though recently I've actually been rewatching stuff I did finish namely Jormungand and Girls und Panzer. Current season stuff I'm watching is Flowers of Evil (Aku no hana), Attack on Titan, Valverave (probably only one episode so far), and the new season of A Certain Scientific Railgun.

Guest Fatherof10minis
I am not a serious anime fan by any means but I remember a long time ago like 15 years ago easily I saw a cartoon called "Dominion Tank Police". First time I saw cartoon boobies. Anyone recall this cartoon?

season 2 of Squid Girl

How was season 2? I've seen season one, and I quite enjoyed it.

I am not a serious anime fan by any means but I remember a long time ago like 15 years ago easily I saw a cartoon called "Dominion Tank Police". First time I saw cartoon boobies. Anyone recall this cartoon?

Ahem....Anime, not cartoon.....*Turns off grammar nazi otaku mode*.....wait, what was I doing?

:P

Guest Anime Otaku

Only bad thing I can say about what I watched of Squid Girl season two is they changed the theme music to something really generic, other than that, if you liked the first season the second was more of the same.

Also Anime are all cartoons but (in English) not all cartoons are anime.

Never watched Dominion Tank Police, I hear it's pretty good though.

I have 3 free 48 hour passes for Crunchyroll's streaming service. Should I just stick the odes up on here?

Edited by Anime Otaku

Guest Magic

I'm watching through every season of Pokemon from start to finish. Been doing it since the start of the year, I'm currently halfway through season 4.

Other than that, my Anime knowledge is very limited.

Guest Magic
My flat mate likes his anime and I'm sure he mentioned Death Note at some point. I'll put it on my to do list to download.

Guest Jamster26
I'm watching through every season of Pokemon from start to finish. Been doing it since the start of the year, I'm currently halfway through season 4.

Aha, I used to love that. Good memories.

Guest Anime Otaku

You can get the whole series of Death Note on DVD for £30 from amazon which is totally worth it. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002AF4BSA/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1366375135&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

Also worth adding to the "to watch" list:

Neon Genesis Evangelion: just get all of it, though it does go off the rails at the end, also the Rebuild films are awesome so far though I've only seen the first 2, the third is out in Japan which means it will be a while before it comes put here, the fourth might be in pre production.

Cowboy Bebop including the interquel movie called Knockin' on heaven's door.

Ghost in the Shell: Get the original movie, the second is a bit "meh" and watch the 2 seasons of Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex and it's sequel movie Solid State Society

Studio Ghibli movies: Especially look for Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro, Porco Rosso and Kiki's Delivery Service.

That's off the top of my head so far.

I have a veritable smorgasbord of anime to get through. The ones I have finished are Code Geass: Lelouche of the Rebellion which was decent up until the end, Monster which is one of the few animes that I have seen that isn't about outlandish cyborgs, supernatural occurances and big titties, Death Note which I absolutely adore even if the second half of it isn't as fantastic as the first, the first batch of Sword Art Online which for relatively small story arcs (SAO is 15 eps, ALF is 10) gets some definite feels going and Hellsing which I also sing the praises of even if the OVA is much better than the somewhat abridged other version.

Started watching Fullmetal Alchemist, Darker Than Black, Pokemon Indigo League, Durarara!!, Yu-Gi-Oh, Hellsing OVA (I'm waiting for the English dub of the last two before I continue. Long wait, I know.), Yu Yu Hakusho, Hitman Reborn, Soul Eater and a few others.

Studio Ghibli movies: Especially look for Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro, Porco Rosso and Kiki's Delivery Service.

No love for Howl's Moving Castle?? :(

I recommend Full Metal Alchemist, it's depressing as all balls, but it's also completely awesome, as is the movie that ties the whole thing up.

I'd also recommend Full Metal panic, as that's a pretty goofy, fun watch.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann should be watched by everyone, if only for Kamina's awe inspiringly awesome speeches. I AM THE DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!!

Go get Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Shamploo, I f*cking LOVE Samurai Shamploo with all my heart. The music, the story, the art style, EVERYTHING about that anime is awesome.

I f*cking LOVE Samurai Shamploo with all my heart. The music, the story, the art style, EVERYTHING about that anime is awesome.

It's Champloo, not Shamploo, but whatever, I agree. Great show. :)

Also, I have tons of anime series and movies on DVD that I've collected up over the years, most of it was very cheap at the time (due to specials/clearances/eBay auctions that went cheap). The only reason I bring this up is that I'm too busy doing other stuff to get around to watching it all. :P

I can't even remember which series and movies I last watched, it's been months. I know at the very least that the last anime movie I watched was either The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya or Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer.....I think. :doh32:

Edited by ShaolinHandLock

Guest Anime Otaku
No love for Howl's Moving Castle?? :(

It's one of the Ghibli movies I've never seen, though I hear it's good, same with Nausicaa

Go watch them. Now. Don't even finish reading this. Go watch Howl's Moving Castle. And Princess Mononoke if you haven't seen that.

It's Champloo, not Shamploo, but whatever, I agree. Great show. :)

Yep, you're right. Although my mate who sets me up with these things to watch told me it's pronounced Sham-Ploo, so I imagine that's where I've got my spelling from. :doh32: