Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Payback 2013 Discussion Thread - June 16, 2013 from Chicago, IL

TPIB

Guest cenarules

Can't wait to hear the pop that Punk gets upon his return for his probable feud with Lesnar. Could very well happen at Payback.

I'm with you guys on the KOTR stuff, by the way. That was one of my favorite parts of WWE when it was around.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That poster doesn't really have anything to do with Punk coming back though. I think WWE.com did some Movie Poster article and that was for Cena vs. Punk.

You all need to stop getting your hopes up. Punk's not confirmed.

Although if he did turn up, that'd be a pretty sweet birthday present for me. :D

So reports are currently circulating that it's gonna be Punk vs. Jericho at Payback. FML.

Guest Jack
Jericho is so painfully boring now. It must be nearly a decade ago since he was a consistently good promo and worker.

Wade Barrett vs. The Miz vs. Fandango for the Intercontinental Title has been added to the card. Personally, I'm hoping for Fandango to win the title. It would be a nice surprise, but I doubt it will happen. Still, Fandango would be great as the Intercontinental Champion.

Guest BarrettBarrage
Honestly I can't see anything other than a Fandango win. I must say as well Barrett has been booked in an appalling way as champion, similar to Cesaro when he was champion losing every week. I wouldn't mind Fandango as champion because at least it'd mean the IC belt would get a little more exposure.

Guest Ciaran The King
It's a shame with how Barrett has been portrayed as he's a solid worker who I believe has World Champion potential

Guest BarrettBarrage
Okay so Sheamus vs Sandow has been added to the card...On the freaking pre-show...Seriously this has been one of the most interesting things on Smackdown for the past month, only 3 freakin matches are on the proper card yet they decide to throw this on pre-show? I mean really? What was the harm in giving this 12-15 minutes, they have been given a decent amount of time on TV, they work very well together. Jesus.

Alright, so they have added five new matches to the card- Ziggler vs. Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Title, Ambrose vs. Kane for the U.S. Title, Rollins & Reigns vs. Orton & Bryan for the WWE Tag Team Titles, Kaitlyn vs. AJ Lee for the Divas Title, and the aforementioned Pre-Show match between Sheamus and Damien Sandow.

Also, since Fandango is out with a concussion, they have put Curtis Axel in his place for the Triple Threat Match for the Intercontinental Title.

Curtis Axel might be an even better pick for Intercontinental Champion than Fandango. Given his current push, he may actually make the title meaningful again.