Martial Arts

WWE Payback 2013 Discussion Thread - June 16, 2013 from Chicago, IL

TPIB

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman

I've seen people floating the idea of Punk no-showing, replaced with Axel, or the match otherwise doesn't end up happening. I've been thinking it would be absurd to not deliver Punk to that crowd after advertising him, but with how hard they have been pushing "Punk and Jericho will be a great match, do not miss this match, the match is going to be awesome, steal the show" and etc., I am thinking something has to be going down.

No idea what though.

I've seen people floating the idea of Punk no-showing, replaced with Axel, or the match otherwise doesn't end up happening. I've been thinking it would be absurd to not deliver Punk to that crowd after advertising him, but with how hard they have been pushing "Punk and Jericho will be a great match, do not miss this match, the match is going to be awesome, steal the show" and etc., I am thinking something has to be going down.

No idea what though.

Jericho & Punk v Lesnar & Axle? A very, very long shot, but what the hell, we're fantasy booking here.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Jericho & Punk v Lesnar & Axle? A very, very long shot, but what the hell, we're fantasy booking here.

It is stupidly early for that to happen, and they'd never throw Brock on a PPV unadvertised.

But in the future, sure.

From Wrestling 101:

Oooh, new PPV! That’s right, this is the inaugural WWE Payback, where you’d assume there’s gonna be a thick vein of revenge running through the entire show. Are WWE gonna deliver the goods, or is the name of this brand new PPV a promise they won’t live up to?

> WWE Payback 2013 Preview

So far this has been great guys, btw. In case you didn't know or aren't watching or something.

How quick did those fans turn on poor Kaitlyn though? "Woo, great match... AHHH, YOU TAPPED OUT!!"

Is this the Dubya' trying to mess with the smart fans a bit by having Del Rio really play on Ziggler's concussion?

Edited by JobberJoe

Guest Ciaran The King

Ziggler hanging in there :)

Ziggler a face now?

Edited by Ciaran The King