Fan Clubs | beta

Music Club VII: Sleeper Hold

Get outta here! You haven't finished Music Club VI! Everyone else can pass GO.

So this round is dedicated to the more droozy, gentle, softer, quieter, maybe campfire sound. It's not supposed to knock you into a coma like the title suggests, but it shouldn't contain bass massages, Spinal Tapian Volume 11 amps or Manowar.

This is pretty much your definition of what's calm, the reviews will be possibly there to dispute that but it's all Music Club stuff 101.

Participants:

Go!

- Eddie (Has to review Laffy)

Sunday 7th Sept.

- Inno (Has to review Shaun, Maxx, Shao and Laffy)

Friday 13th Sept.

- ShaolinHandLock

Thursday 19th Sept.

- Shaun2J

Wednesday 25th Sept.

- Maxximus

Tuesday 1st Oct.

- Laffy

Edited by Shaun2J

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking, if we don't get the numbers, we all can maybe have a 2nd round of picks. Just wait and see.

Any newbies out there? It'd be nice to see some new faces. :)

Then let's get this started! Everyone can be last! :D If anyone wants to join, then give a shout!

Go!

- Eddie

Sunday 7th Sept.

- ShaolinHandLock

Friday 13th Sept.

- Inno

Thursday 19th Sept.

- Shaun2J

Wednesday 25th Sept.

- Maxximus

Tuesday 1st Oct.

- Laffy

Eddie

Ray Lamontagne - All The Wild Horses

He seems to be in that group of guys that break out with a huge single and a decent album, but then vanish as quickly as they appeared - Shawn Mullins, Marc Cohn, Mark Germino... I dig this though. He's got a great voice, must hurt like hell with all that gravel in his mouth ;)

7/10

Stonesour-Bother

Corey Taylor is a much better singer when he's not got a mask on and screaming his lungs up. This is my favourite Stonesour song. This would be an awesome centre piece of an unplugged set with a big orchestra behind them...

9/10

Just to add onto Inno, I think regardless of how he breaks out, he wouldn't care, he knows his place. He's the reclusive folk guy with a beard. A nice beard. Good for him. I really liked it, I'm in to a little folk now and then, Glen Hansard, Nick Drake etc. It just ended out of nowhere though

8/10

Stone Sour - Bother

I really don't like Stone Sour but his voice is really young compared to the last few years. It's got that Metallica Orchestra feel to it but I just can't get into it.

4/10

Lord Eddard Stark

This is very nice. Melodic without being over produced. Insightful, meaningful and emotional then it just fades away; kinda like life. The slight strings at the end is a every nice touch if not a bit sorrowful.

I don't usually listen to stuff like this as it sends me on a spiral of listening to emotional ballads to the point of tears. Great listen though. Don't mind it at all. 7/10

Stone Sour - Bother

I really like Corey Taylor. Out of all the "nu-metal" guys he's showed the most potential, talent and diversity. Stone Sour is a great outlet for his more creative/emotional side and I sure can dig it. I love the man's voice and lyrical content.

I've heard this song many times and will continue to do so in the future. It's one of those songs that makes me look at myself in the mirror and decide, for all my flaws, that I've done pretty damn well in life and will always have something to look forward too. 8/10