Fan Clubs | beta

Music Club VII: Sleeper Hold

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a couple of songs that I put on to chill out, relax, get ready to go to sleep...

[video=youtube;V2e_RFqCiRc]

Peter Wolf - Sleepless

[video=youtube;ohNxei2yLXQ]

Fun Lovin' Criminals - Up On The Hill

Ray Lamontagne - All The Wild Horses - Too slow paced for me. Not a fan of the vocals either. Sorry, not for me. 3/10.

Stone Sour - Bother - Not my thing, but it didn't annoy me or make me want to rip my ears off. So it gets extra points for that. 4/10.

Peter Wolf - Sleepless - Like the previous song, it's not my thing, but it also didn't annoy me. 4/10.

Fun Lovin' Criminals - Up On The Hill - Something about this sounds familiar, but I haven't heard it before, so I might have heard it sampled somewhere. This is suprisingly good. 7/10.

Peter Wolf - A Lot of Good Ones Gone

It's average, not much too it. It works as a background song though.

5/10

This is smooth but let's leave it at that, the vocals just so remind me of the 90's and the softer euro dance pop songs. Man they were brutal times. That being said, I'm not really into it.

4/10

Ray Lamontagne - All The Wild Horses

This start off really well I like it but somehow got bored in the middle and then caught my attention again towards the end. I would listen to it again but not something I would seek out or buy

6/10

Stonesour-Bother

I really like this and will add it to my collection, it ticks every box mellow enough to have in background but not loud enough to disturb if you wanted to have on before trying to sleep. I really like the song as well seems perfect really.

9/10

Peter Wolf - A Lot of Good Ones Gone

As said by Shaun this is a great background song. I like it and am sure I have heard it before. This is the third time I have listened to it and the song seems to be growing on me so has done the trick.

7/10

This is ok not my favourite but does it's job. Not sure i would listen to it much as it is not my thing but if it came on the radio i would listen to it.

6/10

Peter Wolf - A lot of good ones gone : a nicely paced song, inoffensive and placid a good background song but not something I would seek out

6/10

Fun Loving Criminals : Again an inoffensive piece of music but for some reason I didn't find it quite as enjoyable as the last, never really enjoyed the sound of a saxophone and I'm less than keen on the vocals

4.5/10

INNOstanbul Not ConstantINNOple

Peter Wolf - A Lot Of Good Ones Gone

Another near closing time whiskey drinkin' song right here. Nothing wrong with that at all. I wouldn't actively seek it out but if it was playing near closing time and I was drunk it would be my favorite thing ever. Sober - 6/10 Drunk - 10/10

This has a nice little groovy beat to it. Again not my thing at all. I'm not really a saxomaphone fan. Very rarely will I come across a song with sax in it that I like. It's usually some kinda ska. Anyway this was just pretty good. 6/10

Edited by Maxximus

OK since it would have been my turn anyway. Here goes.

Ben Shepherd - Collide

I posted the album version a few weeks but he came out with a video version which is just beautiful. So I thought I'd go with this. Mr. Ben Shepherd of Soundgarden fame.

[video=youtube;qEhZiRABsog]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEhZiRABsog

Nirvana - Something In The Way

It's okay to eat fish cause they don't have any feelings

[video=youtube;jDyvClUsCJU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDyvClUsCJU

Mookie Shaunlock

Ben Shepherd - Collide

May sound strange but I love the guitar tone. THAT BUZZ! Reminds me of the first pawn shop acoustic I ever owned. His vocal style fit with it perfectly and they lyrics were deep and simple at the same time. I really like this. 8/10

Nirvana - Something In The Way

Right off the bat this is one of my very favorite Nirvana songs. It's up there in the top 5 for sure. I love Kurt's voice with the dissonance of the guitar during the intro. Then comes the chorus and it's like, WOW! Makes me wonder what Nirvana would sound like today. Probably not so great but you never know. The rest of the band just nail it during that amazing chorus. It's fantastic. 10/10

• 2 weeks later...

Ben Shepherd - Collide - Sorry, not my thing at all. I've never really understood the style of 'person with guitar singing' like this. This one in particular though, I didn't like, as I didn't like his voice or delivery. Again, sorry, not my thing. It does get extra points for not annoying me though. 3/10.

Nirvana - Something In The Way - The only Nirvana song I've ever heard is Smells Like Teen Spirit, which I don't mind actually. And believe it or not, but I quite liked this too. I don't know what it is about it, I'm not a fan of the genre, but I still liked it. 7/10.

I'm probably making the mistake of assuming I'm free to post? I'm all caught up and it was my go last so I'm posing and I'm not going to be very nice about it. I'm about it get mad deep on all youse with these picks.

First up; one of the best bands to come along in years.

Baroness - Twinkler

[video=youtube;zXPDfceY2Dc]

Next up is some old but gold from the 90's.

Warning: Those of a sensitive nature should be out of the range of any sort of cutting implements.

Tear Garden is a side project of some guys from Skinny Puppy and Edward Ka-Spel and guys from The Legendary Pink Dots and it's pretty dang neat. This is the big wrist cutter from their second album.

The Tear Garden - Ship Named 'Despair'

[video=youtube;Z8tQbDrPHrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8tQbDrPHrA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8tQbDrPHrA

Baroness - Twinkler

Well damn, I think I have to check these guys out. I really like it, it was kind of still for three minutes and the buzzing noise didn't bug me one bit. Nice echoing voice too. Think I'll listen to it again.

9/10

The Tear Garden - Ship Named 'Despair'

Song starts and we have our piano. I'm a mark for the piano. I wasn't so keen on the vocals though, vintage 80's synthpop vox. Still I just like the haunting feel of this song. You know I'd have an endless list of a soundtrack for my life and this would be part of it.

8/10

Baroness - Twinkler - Not sure exactly what to say about this. It wasn't bad, but it's too hard to explain any further. 6/10.

The Tear Garden - Ship Named 'Despair' - Music is very good. Not a huge fan of the vocals, but they don't ruin it or annoy me. Gets extra points simply for the music. 8/10.

Finally getting round to it!

Ben shepherd - Collide: I really enjoyed this, more than I expected to, there are few things I enjoy more in music than listening to one man and his guitar. It's a great listen and I'll more than likely purchase it, a really easy listen.

8.5/10

Nirvana- something in the way: It's another easy enjoyable listen, I'm not huge on Nirvana but this I did like along with a lot of Nevermind, not as enjoyable as Ben Shepherd but a solid

7/10

Baroness - Twinkler: Not something I would seek out, the 'build' up to the vocals was good but as I mentioned not really my thing

5/10

The Tear Garden - Ship Named Despair: This reminded me of some 80's band I can't think the name of, the piano play in the background is soothing and after a second listen I decided it was much better than I first thought, it would be a great background song in a movie I think.

7.5/10