Fan Clubs | beta

Music Club VII: Sleeper Hold

Final Fantasy VII - Waltz de Chocobo: Never been a fan of the final fantasy games and solely instrumentals aren't really a thing I enjoy either, this reminds me of times as a child when I'd be on a game stuck and the constant playing of this kind of music would gradually frustrate me more than sucking at the game, not my thing sorry;

1/10

Final Fantasy VIII - Balamb Garden: Now again not a fan of the games or instrumentals but I definitely did enjoyed far more than the last song, It's not as annoying and relatively relaxing

3/10

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FF VII - Waltz de Chocobo

I wanted to hit this in the face, thankfully it ended quite quickly. I think it's too short to rate properly.

2/10

FF VIII - Balamb Garden

This reminds me as a cheesy instrumental to one of those solo singer, walking through a garden 80's love song. Sorry Shao, can't relate to it but I liked it better than the first one.

3/10

Ben Shepherd - Collide

This is not me I love the guitar but dislike his voice and lyrics it's not bad but probably would never listen to it again 5/10

Nirvana - Something In The Way

Sorry I have never liked Nirvana and I don't like this not sure why there are parts which are great and other parts that bore me. Not my cup of tea but better than the previous song so 7/10.

Baroness - Twinkler

Bizarrely I like this I was expecting to hate it but this song surprised me. Will definitely have to look at other stuff they have done. 8/10

The Tear Garden - Ship Named 'Despair'

Nope I like the music but hate the vocals. It just isn't me i have listened to it three times now but can't connect with it 5/10.

Final Fantasy VII

Ok! after reading some of the comments about this song I was expecting the worse but actually really like this. As mental as it sounds this is something I could listen to over and over. Great stuff 8/10

Final Fantasy VIII - Balamb Garden:

This is not me though not bad just something made me switch off and think meh. I think I just have werid music tastes and this does not fit in with it. 5/10

I will warn you now this is not everyone's cup of tea but I listen to this most nights to relax and calm down. It is a Gregorian Chant sung by Monks in the Abbey.

Introitus Dominica Prima Adventus - Gregorian Monks

[video=youtube;U0Elm96fbsk]

Something completely different Miles Davis, just a great track to relax and fall asleep to. Have listened to this most nights since I was eighteen and went to uni away from home for the first time.

Blue In Green - Miles Davis,

[video=youtube;X2-r_aBIYxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2-r_aBIYxE#t=52

Edited by Laffy

Gregorian Monks - Introitus Dominica Prima Adventus

Not my kind of thing but I'm not saying no. I've heard a lot more of this type of music which I didn't like, I like Da pacem, Domine and this is alright too.

6/10

Miles Davis - Blue In Green

Why not? I say. Not really my realm of music but sit back and take this ride.

7/10

Gregorian Monks - Introitus Dominica Prima Adventus - It's hard to rate this. Without having actual music and being vocal only, it makes it really hard for me to rate. It's not my thing at all, but it isn't annoying or anything. 5/10, I guess? I don't know.

Miles Davis - Blue In Green - It's far too slow going for me. I'm not really a fan of any type of music that has trumpets as the main focus either. And while it doesn't really annoy me, it doesn't really do anything for me either. It's kind of hard to explain, but if I was to describe something as 'too laid back', this would be the type of thing I'd use, sorry. 4/10.

On a sidenote, why does the picture on the YouTube video spell Davis as Davies? :?

I don't know Shao I made that mistake earlier could be that the reviewer is welsh as Davies is a welsh way of spelling the name. I am sure though it is Davis now it's making me think i am wrong help....

• 3 weeks later...
The Tear Garden - Ship Named Despair: This reminded me of some 80's band I can't think the name of

You're thinking of The Legendary Pink Dots. Same lead singer. Also, is that Idris Elba in your avatar, Ed?

On to the reviews!

ShaolinOldFashioned

Final Fantasy VII - Waltz de Chocobo

Um, well this was cute and mercifully short. Not much else could be said. This review is already longer than the song. 5/10

Final Fantasy VIII - Balamb Garden

If I had a child that was a cyborg this is what I would play to lull them to sleep in their cryo chamber. I didn't play VIII enough to have context for this but it's not terrible. Extra points because now I wish I had a cyborg baby. 6/10

LaffyNeedsToChangeHerAvatar - Kayfabe dammit kayfabe

Introitus Dominica Prima Adventus - Gregorian Monks

I can for sure dig some chanting monks. It's totally soothing. Only problem is I keep waiting for some pounding drums and distorted guitar to kick in and it never does. After a few minutes it reminds me of going to church as a kid and hating every second of it. I can't on principal give this a very good score. Sorry Laf. 3/10

Blue In Green - Miles Davis

That vid is blocked in BaconCheeseburgerAssaultRifleLand. So I had to go with another. This is the kind of thing I would put on after a hard day at the prison and drink a glass of scotch while slow dancing with my wife as we tried not to step on the boys legos. Miles Davis is a legend of the highest caliber. Great pick. 8/10

On to the next!