Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

UFC Fight Night Is Back!

Guest John Hancock

Guest John Hancock

So this is like an hour late, but whatever, UFC on Fuel and UFC on FX is now UFC Fight Night and, sweet Jesus Christ, Chael Sonnen just beat a guy. Anyone watch this?

EDIT: Oh, and Overeem got knocked out again, dude's done, working out's hard without steroids.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to watch this because, you know, Chael :wub

But I've got work today so couldn't stay up late. How was it? How did Sonnen look after his recent defeats?

Guest The Beltster
Nice to see Chael win just for the promo at the end on Wandy. Overeem is worthless without the gas....please somebody just let him take steroids, for the good of the sport we need Overeem juiced up! :lol

SONNEN~! He looked really good, partly in the cage but moreso on the mic afterwards where he was fantastic.

Connor McGregor looked rpetty good despite blowing his knee out in the second round, Overeem is indeed done, and Faber is still undefeated in non-title fights in Zuffa history, something like 14-0.

Guest dpddave
Will Connor McGregor be on a UFC PPV next?

I think the plan was for him to fight on the Manchester card in October. That could change now if his knee is really f*cked.

Guest John Hancock
Yeah, I think the plan is to keep him on British and Irish cards (Boston counts as an Irish card) until he's near the title because they really want a British star now Hardy's gone and Bisping's stuck, and Irish counts as British if you win enough times.

Guest The Beltster
Shit, France is close enough that I'd count anything they win as a win for Britain in sports at this point. Gotta take what you can get.

Guest John Hancock
didn't hardy have some sort of heart diagnosis that forced em out of his last fight?

Yeah, he some irregular heartbeat disease thingy that means it's incredibly unlikely that he'll ever pass a medical again.

The Dan Hardy thing is known as Wolfheart apparently he changed his twitter UN to it when he firsy found out, shame really as he was doing okay recently.

Guest John Hancock
How's his knee, is he fu**ed?

Well shut MY mouth, he's going to be out for the next ten or so month. That's his momentum f*cked.

• 1 month later...
Guest John Hancock

Apparently there's a show tonight? Pfft, I'm so out of the loop with these televised fights, they just don't seem like anything to me.

EDIT: Fun show I thought. Snoozer of a main event, but who didn't see that coming with those two guys? D.H.K.'s knock out was a highlight, poor Sexy Erick, and hats off to the UFC for refusing to give Palhares his submission of the night bonus for "unsportsmanlike behaviour", the dude was a complete dick, especially with a move as fast and dangerous as a heel hook. Most MMA gyms don't even allow them in sparring because they're so dangerous, so f*ck that guy for thinking that sort of thing's okay in a professional competition.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest The Beltster
That flash KO of Silva was a thing of beauty, boom straight down the line, perfect shot and dropped him like a bad habit.

As much sexy as Erick Silva is I do enjoy when Brazilians lose in Brazil. Those two split decisions seemed very "home fighter happy", particularly the Dillashaw fight.

To give some reasoning for the first statement, it seems that other non-American nationalities (particularly Canada and UK) get absolutely no say where they fight, but Brazilians get to fight in Brazil at a moments notice.

Guest John Hancock

I don't know if it's that cynical. For a start, there's more Brazilian shows than European shows, Brazilians are way more "patriotic" than Europeans, and the sport's way more popular in Brazil than Europe. Short of Gustaffsson, Bisping, Hardy, I guess Overeem theoretically, Europeans go to UFC events to see American celebrities, where as, in Brazil, I think of lot of them go to see Brazilians in general beating people up. It was the same with the two recent Japan cards, they were very Japanese-heavy (although I think that was also a legal issue). I don't see a reason why the UFC would let Brazilians and Americans pick their fights but not anyone else, it doesn't really seem to make sense unless they're getting something out of it like better ticket sales, or saving on travel costs by using local fighters, or by increasing publicity by having the cards stacked with guys who can do press tours in Portuguese (where as, on European shows, everyone can pretty much press-tour speaking English and it's not a problem).

Also, I'm sure those lax, self-enforced commission laws in Brazil regarding steroids are a real treat for all the Brazilians who predominantly worked in Japan, South America and Eastern Europe, just ask Belfort.

I agree about the judging though, a Brazilian will almost always win a close decision in Brazil.

Edited by John Hancock