UFC Fight Night Is Back!

Guest John Hancock

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
The awful-on-paper sounding cards last year all seemed to outdo themselves and provide some great fights. Always worth sitting down for a couple hours to watch even if its just for the sake of seeing random nobodies knock each others blocks off.

Guest John Hancock
That was my lesson from last year too, to not judge UFC cards anymore. I hope I have a free bit of time to watch this.

Yeah it was just an observation, WEC was great.

Speaking of WEC, JOE MARTINEZ~! was back doing the ring announcing for this show. I really do prefer him to Buffer for some reason.

Go out of your way to watch Saffiedine/Lim, it was the craziest fight. Easily the best fight of 2014 so far...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest John Hancock

If anyone's interested, there's one of these on tonight. Not the best card ever, but there could still be solid fights, and the semi-main, at the least, is a guaranteed finish. Should start 1am UK time by my count. The main card iiiiis;

Benson Henderson vs. Josh Thomson

Stipe Miocic vs. Gabriel Gonzaga

Donald Cerrone vs. Adriano Martins

Darren Elkins vs. Jeremy Stephens

That isn't too bad of a main card in all honesty the the main event should be exciting enough, I can see it being a decision or if Thomson's camp has been as bad as he's made out in the press- a submission. Miocic and Gonzaga should be good they both hit hard! I can't imagine it going the distance and Cerrone is usually interesting enough, if everything he's been saying about being hungry again is to be believed we can hope for a run like the one he had before Nate Diaz got in his head. Jeremy Stephens vs Darren Elkins doesn't do much for me though I can't imagine it'll be anything but a decision in Elkins' favor and he isn't known to finish or be exciting, hopefully Stephens can finish him early!

Guest Frank Botch

That was an awesome moment and he went sooooo close to catching him with the heel of destruction. Still was pretty effective though.

EDIT: Very neat finish by Caceres, 20 seconds left.

Edited by Frank Botch

Guest Frank Botch

Slow mo for life

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-83dKukfGFJY/UuRBnAVJ9dI/AAAAAAABBXU/2_M1p89ltMk/s1600/Daron+Cruickshank+vs.+Mike+Rio+2.gif

#ShinsToNecks:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ALkHCoh2sok/UuRqhfjb5YI/AAAAAAABBa4/rSuM3GO6i8M/s1600/0000.gif

Guest John Hancock

I had Thomson winning. But I also said we'd get a finish in Stipe/Gonzaga, so what do I know?

EDIT: One of the judge's had it 4-1 to Henderson. The actual f*ck?

Edited by John Hancock

Guest John Hancock
Dana has openly said he doesn't like how Benson fights, so expect him to get Fitched out of any future title shots. Good.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest John Hancock
Machida/Mousasi is tonight at some ungodly hour in the morning on BT Sport. I think the main card starts at like 3:30 am, which is a shame for the people who are capable of sleep, because it's probably going to be a good show.