Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Who will be recalled as a great?

The Icon

Guest John Hancock
Show is already respected for what he did in WCW

You seem to be massively over emphasising how much the average fan cares about WCW.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock

Like what?

More so than Rey winning the Rumble, or the Guerrero feud, or being the only luchador most Americans have ever seen, or being the most famous latino in a genre with a massively disproportionately hispanic fan base.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest John Hancock
I'm old enough and smarky enough to remember WCW, and even I don't remember him getting Jackhammered particularly vividly. I do, however, remember him getting dropped on his head, in which case we should add Hardcore Holly and Droz to the list.

I'm old enough and smarky enough to remember WCW, and even I don't remember him getting Jackhammered particularly vividly. I do, however, remember him getting dropped on his head, in which case we should add Hardcore Holly and Droz to the list.

Show threw a mean dropkick back when he first started out in WCW, then he discovered cheese burgers.

Guest Fatherof10minis
If you mare comparing Rey and Big Shows WCW work. The move I remember more than Nash botching the jacknife, was watching Nash launch Rey like a lawn dart into the side of a production truck in 1996 I beleive. If your basing it on memorable moments only then I choose rey because a good move should be better remembered than a botch.

Guest Pepsi Twist

I don't think it's about comparing ring work, I think in 10 years time (barring any massive angle or great moment from either) more people are going to think of Rey, the little guy who flipped all over the place and beat guys twice his size, one of the only Mexican mask dudes a lot of fans will have seen and all the title runs he's had at every level, compared with Big show, the guy who was like a smaller Andre the giant.

Personally I don't like Rey at all, and I occasionally appreciate Big show, but I really can't see any way that Big show stands out above Mysterio.

Guest John Hancock

Mayweather won't even be remembered for the Mayweather bout. As fun as it was, that match is barely talked about inward wrestling circles like this site, let alone the real world.

It's madness to put "that big guy" higher on the "oh, it's that guy" chart then "the Mexican guy with the mask". Rey Mysterio is the mainstream face of an entire genre of wrestling, a genre of wrestling that happens to be of massive cultural importance to America's biggest, or at least most visible and active, immigrant community. Irrespective of what you think of them as wrestlers, or how famous the people Big Show's been injured by are, or how great he was 15 years ago in a company no one remembers, he's just not a mainstream, instantly recognisable, "Oh, it's him!" guy in the way you seem to think he is.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest pjnugget
Kane will obviously go down as a great. He's been a massive name in wrestling for 16 years already, and he will probably go beyond 20 by the time he's finished. Cena is a no-brainer too.

I think Kane will be remembered, but necessarily as a great. Cena will for sure. Kane has kind of been in the Undertakers shadow, and never really been as dominant as he probably should be. H e could use a Bobby Heenan type to really push him over the top.