Fan Clubs | beta

Music Club IX: 2013

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not singling out rap for it. I'm more than aware of other genres being just as bad (if not worse, hi church burning, brain eating Norwegian Black Metallers), I was just saying that I don't really like Hip-Hop that's all bad words and violent language. Much in a similar way that I'm not a particular fan of Cannibal Corpse's "Entrails Ripped from a Virgin's C**t".

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over The Wall - Radiator - The music does nothing for me in particular, it doesn't annoy me, but still. Not a fan of the voice at all, I can tolerate the music in this, but the singing I find quite annoying, sorry. Gets an extra point for the music not annoying me, but loses every other point for the singing. Again, sorry, didn't like it. 3/10.

The Birthday Suit ft Scott Hutchinson - A Bigger World - Not my thing at all, but it didn't annoy me at all, and the vocals were far far better than the vocals in the previous song. Doesn't do much for me at all, but it's okay I guess. A generous 5/10.

Pearl Jam - Pendulum - Music is okay, not a big fan of the voice. Didn't really like this one at all, sorry. 2.5/10.

Queens of the Stone Age - I Appear Missing - Music is fine for what it is, I guess. Vocals do nothing for me though. I was already sick of listening to this at the 3 and a half minute mark, it's a bit overlong. The length made it more annoying than it would have been if it were shorter. Didn't like it, really, sorry. 3/10.

Wayne Shorter - Orbits - That ominous piano. I really like the dark piano at the start, it started things off promisingly. Then it all changed into a mishmash of instruments that I almost had to turn off because I don't find it at all pleasant to listen to. So while I quite liked the piano at the beginning, I hated the rest of it. 1/10.

Trace Adkins - Watch The World End - At least the music in this isn't completely made up of country twangyness. Does nothing for me either way really, so it's hard to rate. A generous 3.5/10 for not annoying me as much as I thought it would.

And with that finally done, I did have a couple of things to say, to continue from last night, which I'll post in this separate post so that the review post isn't screwed up.

SHL

Da Mafia 6ix ft Yelawolf - Go Hard

Unfortunately this does nothing for me. I just think I don't get the genre. It feels soulless and emotionless to me and doesn't make me feel anything, which music should in my opinion. Fair do's if it makes you feel something, but it doesn't for me. It's not all rap that makes me feel this way, this was just lyrically poor and offered little from a music stand point. Without wanting to seem like an old man (which I am, btw :lol), I'm just not a fan of the whole excessive use of "f*cker" and "N**ger" etc, and talking about kicking bitches asses. It comes across as someone trying far to hard to get over. Not my deal I'm afraid. 2/10

Um, how old are you? Because according to your profile you're younger than I am.....

Da Mafia 6ix ft. Yelawolf - Go Hard

Nope sorry I just do not get this genre, do not understand why people like this. Just not me at all sorry SHL, the only time I listen to rap is when reviewing your songs. I just do not get it!! 2/10

I could say the exact same thing for the majority of stuff posted in the music club, as well as popular music artists in general.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not singling out rap for it. I'm more than aware of other genres being just as bad (if not worse, hi church burning, brain eating Norwegian Black Metallers), I was just saying that I don't really like Hip-Hop that's all bad words and violent language. Much in a similar way that I'm not a particular fan of Cannibal Corpse's "Entrails Ripped from a Virgin's C**t".

Fair enough. It's not for everyone. :)

It does make me fell a bit weird though, since the most brutally violent group in the world is a rap group.

Edited by ShaolinHandLock

It was a joke SHL. A metaphor. I'm like an old man in the things I like to do. For the record I'm 22. But if I could retire to my couch in front of the horse racing for the rest of my life, I would! :lol

It was a joke SHL. A metaphor. I'm like an old man in the things I like to do. For the record I'm 22. But if I could retire to my couch in front of the horse racing for the rest of my life, I would! :lol

Fair enough. It just makes me feel weird whenever people younger than I am say that they feel old and stuff like that. :)

Okay, sorry it took so long. Here's my picks.

First up is my favorite song from Skinny Puppy's new album Weapon.

Skinny Puppy - illisiT

[video=youtube;DJlFYPOXimE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJlFYPOXimE

Next up is a track off Carcass's long awaited new album. I know most of you hate these kind of vocals but try to give it a chance this band and their music is some of the tightest technical death metal not written by Chuck Schuldiner(rip) from Death and this album, voted best metal album of the year, did not disappoint. I tried to pick the most "user friendly" song on the album. It's as close to a ballad as Carcass gets.

Carcass - 316L Grade Surgical Steel

[video=youtube;Sqo0nauIDPk]

Enjoy!

Ah nearly let this slip, so let's catch up and end the party.

Skinny Puppy - illisiT

I haven't heard much from Skinny Puppy, may have to though. I liked this song but it went a little repetitive but I'll watch out for them.

6/10

Oh Carcass are back? I never realised that they were back. This isn't really my genre but the instrument parts of the song are some fine shit, vocals isn't my thing but it works. Liked the solo and the end of the song.

6/10

The Laffmeister:

Wayne Shooter - Orbitis:

This is quite possibly the first jazz song I've ever listened to. There were flashes of instrumentation here and there that I liked, but it didn't feel like a song at all to me, it just felt like a bunch of people playing instruments at the same time with no reason or meaning behind it. Maybe it's me and I don't get it, but it feels just a bit like a clusterf*ck. I guess Jazz isn't my thing. Sorry Laff, 1/10.

Trace Adkins - Watch The World End

I can go a bit of country here and there, so immediately this is a bit more of my thing than the previous song. I'm not mega on his voice, it's ok but it doesn't stand out for me. The music of them song is pretty decent, not something that I would listen to often, but certainly on occasion it would have its place. Some nice strings and what not thrown in there. The lyrics are a bit meh in places for my tastes, but nothing major, I'd probably give it a middle of the road 5/10.

Will get DeviousMaxximus's reviews done before the weekend.

Edited by Magic

Skinny Puppy - illisiT - Too noisy for me. Seriously, I had to listen to this with the sound very low, it was hurting my ears. As said, the music itself was too noisy for me, as for the vocals, they don't do much at all for me. Sorry, I can't find much else to say about this. 3/10, it would be a 1/10, but the music video was kind of interesting.

Carcass - 316L Grade Surgical Steel - Hard to rate this. I actually don't mind the voice, but I can't decide on whether it's trying too hard to be growly without being fully growly, or not being growly enough. :lol It goes on a bit too long, and the music sounds like something else I've heard. As I said, it's hard to rate this, it didn't annoy me or anything, but it didn't do a whole lot for me either. 4.5/10, I guess.

Guest Laffy

Skinny Puppy - illisiT

I am afraid this is not me at all, I just do not get it to me it is just noise. The repetition got me a bit to. I not not hate it but would not listen to it again 3/10

I am sorry but this is not me either it is too angry if that makes any sense, I listen to music to chill and relax and I can't do that with this song. It is too in your face for me. Yet again not offensive but definitely not something I would listen to again. 3/10

But it's a love song. Someone broke his heart so he had to metaphorically protect it from any future harm with a very specific type of the highest quality steel and also scream at the top of his lungs because that kind of back alley surgery hurts like a bitch. Almost as much as the protagonist's tortured heart.

So of course it sounds angry.

Guest Laffy

Maxxy when someone breaks my heart I go for the mush to weep to all Kylie, Jason Cher songs and power ballads to reclaim my woman hood so not angry songs just soppy angst to cry to. Although you could always put on Armageddon or Dead poet Society and cry to that instead. There is nothing like singing I will say a little prayer for you whilst crying. Or watch Only fools and horses clip to cheer you up.

[video=youtube;XJj2ei6WNQs]

Just to add to the cheeseyness I dare you not to be happy after listening to this.

[video=youtube;9lPMzy4ncxg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lPMzy4ncxg

Edited by Laffy

Guest Laffy
Only fools and horses clip has to be one of the funniest ever if you have not seen it garenteed to wet yourself laughing although the quality is not very good best i could find the other video judging by your choices not you at all but a friendly bet could get you to watch it promise it is great but cheesy very cheesy.