Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Wrestlemania 30 Plans?

The Fury

Many sites reporting that the current planned matches for wrestlemania 30 are as follows:

Triple H vs CM Punk (Roman Reigns being considered back up if they don't go with Punk)

John Cena in main event with Hulk Hogan

HOWEVER: If Hogan can't compete it'll be as it stands John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hogan is no way shape or form going to work a match with his back the way it is. Plus I don't think after TNA that he would come back into wrestling unless the money is absolutely STUPID.

HHH will more then likely work a match against CM Punk, that I can see and probably Bryan v Michaels if HBK does want to come back for one more. Then again its pointless speculating until the Rumble. Plus given what happened to Taker to lay him out for his annual break surely it makes sense that Reigns will be fighting him OR if the tension carries on in the Shield, maybe Dean Ambrose.

Guest The Beltster

Of course he can. Hogan doesn't need to do ANYTHING and at WM he will get a bigger pop than anybody else. Hogan can get through a Hogan match any time, minus leg drop.

I'd love to see Hogan in the main event of WM30 while all the tw@ts online who hate him lose their f*cking minds! Hahahaaaaaaaaaa

It would be an interesting match to see, seen as Cena fought Rock as a figurehead of a generation v another sort scenario then this would be again up there in that context but not as big, for me at least, as Rock v Hogan was.

I just honestly don't believe it's going to happen though. I don't think Vince and his ego will pay Hogan the money he would want in 2014 after his run with TNA as well. Then again, stranger things have happened.

EDIT: Also what is the point of a Hogan match if there is no leg drop? If he doesn't even attempt it were does the drama of a near fall, or a missed shot leading to a comeback or even, heaven forbid the actual finish pan out? If Hogan does do a legdrop or try one at least then it's not a Hogan match.

Guest The Beltster

He can't do the leg drop, its physically impossible. Even if he wanted to and Vince offered him $10 million to just to a leg drop you'd never see it. He can't do it. He couldn't take an F-U either so the finish would have to be something like Cena beats Hogan down and Hogan doesn't quit until he just can't go anymore and passes out. Big win for Cena and sympathy for old man Hogan, or (and holy good God damn so much better) Hogan debuts the Axe Bomba! :lol Mark out for me.

I can't imagine this match will happen, I certainly can't imagine it would be the main event of WM and I seriously doubt Hogan could even pass the WWE physical tests they do because he is so decrepit now, but who knows. I'd love to see it and if Hogan can work a match with Sting in TNA that was way better than anybody imagined, I'm certain he could put on a smoke and mirrors pop-fest against Cena in WWE at WM if they really want to do it.

I get were you going with it Belty... Hogan hits the big boot, runs for the leg drop and Cena sweeps the leg and applies the STF-U which Hogan fights and fights but passes out to. That's basically the finish you'd want and need if it was Cena going over. Which I imagine he would in this day and age.

I think though, with it being the 30th anniversary of Mania that Hogan should be involved in some way, given the fact that without Hogan in the 80's there would be no Mania to begin with it would be nice to see him part of the show in some way. Likewise it would be nice if Macho Man Randy Savage got put in the Hall of Fame. If Booker T, Edge, Mike Tyson and Donald Trump can get in there then why the holy hell is Savage not?

I know there was bad blood and so much heat between him and Vince that it made the surface of the sun seem cold but the fact is the past is the past and the fans want him in there. Isn't this the WWE that listens to the Universe these days? Aren't they so proud of that?

Guest The Beltster
And really, even if Vince hated Savage, Savage is dead, so Vince wins! Get over it, put him in the HOF and sell some Savage DVD's, toys and shirts. Hogan inducting Savage would be great.

Guest John Hancock
He can't really hit the big boot either. If they put Hogan in a match, Vince/Bret is going to look like a f*cking masterclass. They need to stick him in someone's corner, do a sort of Vince/Trump deal, where Hogan's just supporting someone, and he gets one spot where he stops some interference or something with one punch, and he can do all the ear cupping stuff after the match. No big boot, no leg drop, no match. No one wants to see that, shit's depressing as hell.

Hogan inducting Savage and having something at WM would be appropriate, even just a promo segment in the ring would be fine. He's Hulk Hogan, there's no need for him to wrestle, the crowd will lose their minds just having him there and on the mic.

Guest The Beltster
If they put Hogan in a match, Vince/Bret is going to look like a f*cking masterclass.
Whys that? Hogan had a pretty decent match with Sting, who is also completely washed up. Why is it so hard to believe he couldn't do something with Cena that isn't wretched? He hasn't wrestled since so he hasn't become any more broken down.

No match. No one wants to see that, shit's depressing as hell.
I do...and depressing? Shit, WWE and pro wrestling has never been as f*cking worthless and shitty as it is now, the entire business is depressing as hell, it can't actually get any worse. Hogan popping a huge crowd works for me.

I do...and depressing? Shit, WWE and pro wrestling has never been as f*cking worthless and shitty as it is now, the entire business is depressing as hell, it can't actually get any worse. Hogan popping a huge crowd works for me.

Its not that bad, for instance its not as bad as the middle of last decade, but its not as good as the Attitude era or the 80's. I'd actually say its better at the moment then the New Generation era of the WWE.

Outside of the Big E (not the wrestler), well yeah, its a big pile of dullness really. Even Japan bar NJPW is going through some horrid, turgid times.

Guest The Beltster
I can't stand it, I dont remember a time where I not only wasn't that interested in wrestling but I actively avoided watching most of it just because its so rubbish like I do now. I'd take WWF 93 - 96 over this shite any day of the week. I've gone on before about my dislike for rushed story lines, too many titles, too many PPV's etc, but I can deal with all those things as they really dont make things bad (Attitude Era was rushed, loads of belts, same amount of PPVs and it was great), the problem is the over scripting of everything and the huge lack of experience. I mean, you watch these shows and they say WWE Universe over and over, makes me want to commit murder. The backstage promos are so contrived its not even funny, and then these guys go out and have matches where, a lot of the time, they are so scared to deviate from what they've worked out in the locker room that they ignore the crowd and totally lose them and are then wrestling in silence. Its so bad.

That's the fear of being trampled on by management if they do ad-lib and deviate. It took Punk being about to be leave the company to be allowed more freedom in his matches and of course THAT promo for instance. You have to be a headliner to be allowed to do what you want in ring and to improvise, but then again unless you willing to test that barrier you're never going to be a headliner and get really over with those that matter, the fans.

Also I still to this day hate the term Universe - I'm not a member, I'm a bloody fan. I'm beginning to think that it's just an extended penis joke (member = penis after all). After all what is wrestling without penis jokes and what better way to get one under the radar in this time of family friendly censorship times then that? Vince McMahon is basically calling us all d**ks but then again it wouldn't be the first time.

That aside there are too many segments rather then matches these days. How can you have a roster as big as they do, run a three hour Raw and only have about four 10 minute matches? That is my problem with wrestling these days, natter, natter, natter and no action until a bloody PPV.

Back to Mania though, who does anybody else think will be the opponent for Taker this year, presuming of course that he returns?

Back to Mania though, who does anybody else think will be the opponent for Taker this year, presuming of course that he returns?

I would say Cena, I'd say Brock/Batista is a given and Cena won't lose any sleep jobbing to Taker at Mania.