Fan Clubs | beta

Gotham - TV show

Kam

From Digital Spy:

Gotham: The OC's Ben McKenzie to play Commissioner Gordon in Fox show

The OC's Ben McKenzie has been cast in the lead role in Fox's series .

McKenzie will be playing the Batman franchise's Detective James Gordon in the series, which will explore the character's journey to become Gotham police commissioner.

James Gordon has famously been played in the past by Neil Hamilton, Pat Hingle and Gary Oldman.

McKenzie is best known for portraying teen runaway Ryan Atwood in The OC, as well his more recent tenure in the police drama Southland.

The actor expressed excitement to begin work on the pilot on Twitter on Saturday (February 8).

All I can promise is I will do my best not to screw this up. Can't wait to get to work.

— Ben McKenzie (@ben_mckenzie) February 8, 2014

Gotham will explore the origins of the Batman franchise's most popular characters, including the villains The Riddler, The Penguin and Catwoman.

A young Bruce Wayne will feature in Gotham as well.

The Mentalist's Bruno Heller is writing the one-hour pilot, and Danny Cannon has signed on to direct once production begins in March.

I guess this will be similar to Smallville then, there seems to be so many superhero shows made/being made at the moment!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

They've also cast Camren Bicondova as a young Selina Kyle, while the rest of the cast looks like this -:

Ben McKenzie (Jim Gordon)

Donal Logue (Detective Harvey Bullock)

Zabryna Guevara (Captain Essen)

Erin Richards (Barbara Kean)

Sean Pertwee (Alfred Pennyworth)

Robin Lord Taylor (Oswald Cobblepot aka The Penguin)

Jada Pinkett Smith (Fish Mooney)

The official memo to news outlets about the tone of the series states "David Mazouz (Touch) has been cast as the preteen Bruce Wayne, sentenced to a solitary life after the tragic murder of his wealthy parents. Serious and soulful, young Bruce relies on the guidance and protection of Alfred Pennyworth and James Gordon.

(Note: As has been reported previously, GOTHAM is the origin story of Commissioner James Gordon and not a “Batman” show. Please note for stories that David is playing the young Bruce Wayne — not Batman.)"

Guest Ciaran The King
Concepts like this are interesting and could be pretty good but because all the characters come from the Batman story then people could be left expecting more

The Doctors son is Alfred!!

If Batman is to appear in the final episode as expected can we really imagine a 14 year old donning the cape and cowl?

Or is Mazouz one of several actors who will portray Wayne through the years as the show progresses?

• 2 months later...

I thought this trailer had been posted, but I can see that it hasn't.

[video=youtube;0d1zpt6k5OI]

First official cast photo -:

http://i58.tinypic.com/bjhoc5.jpg

Character-wise, we have (from l-r) Oswald Cobblepot (small time gangster), Fish Mooney (gangland boss), Edward Nygma (a forensic scientist within GCPD who speaks in "a cryptic language"), a young Pamela Isley, Harvey Bullock (gruff veteran cop and partner to), Jim Gordon, a young Bruce Wayne, his butler Alfred and, above them, a young Selina Kyle.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

While it's been confirmed that The Joker will appear at some point in the series, Bruno Heller (the showrunner for the series) had some interesting information relating to it.

Credit: Uproxx

He revealed the real Joker will be introduced in a later episode, but several possibilities will be introduced in episodes throughout the season. He wasn’t subtle about it when he said, “You do not want to miss an episode, because you may miss meeting The Joker for the first time.”

Credit: Bleeding Cool

Every episode in the first season will introduce a character that might be a future Joker, each emphasizing aspects of the character’s iconography: a card sharp, a flower seller, a clown, or just a guy with a very big grin. All relatively unknown actors. All potentially a Joker.

[video=youtube_share;yV2RUFJIT4k]

http://youtu.be/yV2RUFJIT4k