Fan Clubs | beta

Gotham - TV show

Kam

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it'd be a bit of a cop out now if they did bring him back to life.

I do like how Joker has never really had a "true" origin story, but with the whole premise of Gotham being "see how it all came about" I figured we were gonna get one for this iteration of Joker. Once I'd resolved myself to having to deal with a Joker origin story in Gotham, I actually got really into Jerome as a character and as a performance, so I was cool with him being the Joker in that particular universe. Then they just cheapened the whole thing for me by killing him off, meaning that whoever does become the Joker now is just a rip off of Jerome, which pretty much goes against everything I know and love about the character.

I dunno, it was a just a really bad idea from the get go.

Although, they still haven't answered who painted "smile" on the wall in big red letters during the first season...

If they elect to stick with Jerome as Joker, then him being "killed" and then returning works fine. In the comics, Joker has "died" only to come back time and time again, so for this to be the first time he pulled that trick wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Something had to happen to him to end up with the white skin, red lips and green hair (and make-up / hair dye would be reek of Heath Ledger's turn).

• 3 weeks later...

After the finale and what we saw at Indian Hills (including [spoiler=character]Fish Mooney

), I'm more convinced than ever that this is how Jerome will end up as Joker (most likely not what Strange was going for).

Might as well throw in some type of amnesia / mental block where Joker doesn't remember his own past, fitting in with (pretty much) established canon.

• 5 months later...

Season 2 has been all kinds of awesome, with fantastic arcs for Mr. Freeze, Penguin, Riddler, Firefly, Azrael and the introduction over the last few episodes of Killer Croc and Clayface. Oh and [spoiler=group with major implications]THE COURT OF OWLS

made an appearance.

No Jerome / Joker as of yet, but I have a feeling that's going to close out the finale next week.

• 2 months later...
Guest paidimartinez
I started watching it but for some reason never kept up with it. It's definitely a show I could get into and I always hear good things about it. But I did think it was quite corny and the acting was poor enough at times. I'm only a few episodes in, does it improve?

Both my brother and niece have watched it and said I should, I'll add to the list of shows I need to watch :)

It's probably one of the weaker "comic book" shows though.

Which of the comic book shows do you mean - Arrow etc?

Guest paidimartinez

Which of the comic book shows do you mean - Arrow etc?

If it's weaker than arrow I think I'll give it a miss :p

I'd agree with BRM and say that it can be hit and miss sometimes so overall it is weaker then Flash, Arrow, Lucifer and Agent Carter. It is on par probably with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Legends of Tomorrow.

Marvel's Agent Carter and Lucifer are so under rated it's not even fair.

Yeah I'd also put the 2 Netflix Marvel Shows that we've had so far ahead of this.

Gotham does a lot right but it's let down by shoddy writing and could be probably do with being cut from its 20+ episode runs down to something more manageable.

Guest Kontrolled
I really enjoy Gotham...... but I have to admit with all the characters, I think it is Butch and Alfred who steel the show.....