Fan Clubs | beta

Gotham - TV show

Kam

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yeah, that's pretty obvious. I'm waiting for him to fully embrace it. It's strange, the series has actually made me kinda sympathetic towards Ed.
[spoiler=This week's episode]Ed crosses the line this week and is officially now a criminal.

• 5 months later...
Guest Yodahew
Season 2 has been great so far and it's been confirmed that Pee-Wee Herman is going to make an appearance as Penguin's dad; a role he played once before in Batman Returns.

I wasnt aware he played the role in Batman Returns. I groaned when I saw who they have cast as penguins dad but if he has played the role before then it could work. Was he good in the role?

I am yet to watch the latest episode but will do today or tomorrow.

Have you not seen Batman Returns? His dad is only in the film for the prologue, but he looked the part.

Some people forget that Pee-Wee Herman is a character, although I should probably have said Paul Reubens instead of PWH in my own post to distinguish between the two.

He's been in a ton of films / shows outside the Pee-Wee Herman canon.

Goddamnit Gotham!

I'm so enraged that they killed Jerome! I also think it now totally cheapens the Joker since they're making out that he's just a "knockoff" of Jerome. After all the good work they've done, Gotham has very nearly killed all my enthusiasm for it in one fell swoop.

[spoiler=Response to dsrchris' spoiler]I don't think we've seen the end of Jerome. I'm not sure how they'll do it (maybe he wasn't really dead - there are certain drugs that can mimic death, although he certainly looked dead).

The showrunners have virtually said as much and due to the overwhelmingly positive reaction to his portrayal and negative reaction to his "death", it wouldn't surprise me if they retcon their own idea and bring him back whether they were originally going to or not.

Yeah, it's started really strongly. It's interesting to see where they go from here, but I can't really talk about anything for fear of spoiling things for anyone who's interested in watching.

Well, at least until it starts airing in the UK again anyways! :P

• Heart 1

And in further Hugo Strange news, B.D. Wong has been cast in the role (a character who has a longer association with Batman that even Joker, although I imagine this - as with Arkham City - will take cues from the post-Infinite Crisis canon).

• 2 weeks later...

Another strong episode; this season hasn't really missed a beat yet.

Sure, the "killing" of Jerome was ostensibly a misstep, but I believe (and I might just be in denial) that Hugo Strange and his Indian Hills facility will have something to do with Jerome not actually being dead, but possibly damaged enough that his skin is bleached, his lips are red and his hair is green.