Maxximus

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anime Otaku

I was just going to post that.

Ahole. :P

Not a series I'm familiar with though I get the impression they're like a B level Avengers... with a racoon and possibly "edgy".

Guest John Hancock
Owen Wilson as Mr. Immortal, Jeff Goldblum as Flatman, Rebel Wilson as Big Bertha, Kristen Schaal as Squirrel Girl, Chelsea Perretti as Dinah Soar, Godfrey Danchimah as Doorman, Wes Anderson to direct.

No, The West Coast Avengers were the B team Avengers. The Guardians are like the Marvel version of the hooker with a heart of gold.
With the way the film looks, it appears they are the Marvel version of the crew of the Serenity

Serenity isn't just a ship. She's home.

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'Verse' date=' but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.[/quote']

Serenity isn't just a ship. She's home.

Cracked did a bit on how most joss whedon shows and movies could be linked. It basically went that the initiative from buffy are the corporation from cabin in the woods, and the events of citw led to "the earth that was" in firefly, and the initiative/corp run the academy that experimented on River. This just occured to me but in that case, river and drusilla could have had the same source of precog, and river could be a slayer.

They did also waffle something about how maybe the corporation was running the doll houses, but mhe.

Edited by etz

Here's a couple of cool little clips of Bradley Cooper as Rocket and Riddick as Groot.

[video=youtube;0Udzfdl2xuw]

[video=youtube;rSnaS5BUUE0]

Screw it I'll just post em all.

Buttista as Drax

[video=youtube;pma1_zIPINo]

The gorgous Zoe Saldana as Gamora

[video=youtube;dddcpkBJ3R8]

Chris Pratt as Peter Quill(Star Lord)

[video=youtube;QoNbIW69yQQ]

• 2 months later...

Thanos has been confirmed as appearing in the movie (although not to what extent) as Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios, has stated the actor playing him has been cast... but they're not ready to announce it yet.

As the movie is released soon, expect the press releases to increase as tit-bits "leak" out. With Thanos, however, I expect him to play a very small role in GotG, but unsurprisingly be bigger than the one he had in Avengers.

In other Marvel news, while we're here, Feige also hinted at how Ant Man will feature as part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe -:

"It was two things – a story Edgar wanted to tell that we’ll see with Michael Douglas and Paul Rudd, and now we’re 11 films in, it’s looking at the characters we’ve already introduced who already have the technology and the brains to do…certain things.

We changed, frankly, some of the MCU to accommodate this version of ‘Ant-Man.’ Knowing what we wanted to do with Edgar and with ‘Ant-Man,’ going years and years back, helped to dictate what we did with the roster for ‘Avengers’ the first time. It was a bit of both in terms of his idea for the ‘Ant-Man’ story influencing the birth of the MCU in the early films leading up to ‘Avengers."

Screen Rant believe that it hints to Ant Man being a force in the eventual creation of both The Avengers and possibly Ultron, but more likely The Vision.