Guardians of the Galaxy

Maxximus

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I meant to say earlier, but forgot; judging from that trailer, it looks like Ego the Living Planet is also in the film.

And they thought an anthropomorphic gun-toting space raccoon and a giant warrior tree were going to be too out-there for the mainstream audience. :lol

Not to burst your bubble, but that's not Ego, it's Knowhere - the decapitated head of a Celestial. The rotting spinalcord coming out of the back is conformation. Knowhere is kinda like a space port where you can connect with other points in the galaxy.

Other than the main hall and the marketplace, a major point of interest is the Continuum Cortex. It is built into the brain stem of the Celestial, and it can lead to anywhere in the universe as well as to any time. It is from the Continuum Cortex that those in Knowhere travel.

Knowhere is located inside the decapitated head of an unidentified Celestial. One important quality of Knowhere, and and of all Celestials, is that it is linked to all others of its race through Quantum Telepathy which means all Celestials are connected no matter where or when they exist.

marvel.com~

I knew Knowhere was in it (due to the pre-marketing), but didn't know it was inside a decapitated head.

Makes more sense, looking at it now... seeing as how what is in the trailer is most definitely not living. :lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[video=youtube;eLC93VhS-cw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLC93VhS-cw

GO, GROOT! GO, GROOT!

[video=youtube;VUC_jOxoAkw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUC_jOxoAkw

:lol at Big Dave

[video=youtube;p_5TLYLzhGc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_5TLYLzhGc

Thanos finally gets a name check on screen

There's also a very brief shot in the third video of Ronan the Accuser meeting with "The Other", who was the guy who armed Loki with the Chitauri, which gives a direct link to the Earthbound Marvel characters.

There have been rumours and now it's been confirmed as the post-credits cameo has been leaked.

It's in the spoiler-tags below in case you don't want to know.

Howard the Duck is now a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

They've already announced a sequel as well, so between that and the reviews, it looks like my (and much of the internets) pessimism regarding phases 2 and 3 may be misplaced.

Guest John Hancock
I want to go early, but my Dad's birthday's in late August, and he's a big comic-movie guy, so I'm going to have to wait it out, like a big f*cking woman.

Guest The Beltster
Wasnt interested in this until recently. Never read a GotG comic so really know nothing about them and going in blind means I'll miss out on any inside jokes or references but after seeing the trailers and reading reviews I'm quite up for seeing it now.