Fan Clubs (beta)

Guardians of the Galaxy

Maxximus

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, this movie is easily the most fun of the MCU and the amount of collective laugh-out-load moments is damn impressive.

It's also unlike anything from Marvel that has come before it, with a little bit of a Big Trouble In Little China vibe pervading throughout.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy ruled the box office this weekend with a fantastic $94 million. That's easily the biggest debut ever for an August release; the previous record holder, The Bourne Ultimatum, opened to $69.3 million in 2007.

That's big business considering The Rock's movie Hercules is going to be a major flop.As for Big Dave he was just featured in USA Today magazine about the role of Drax.

Guest The Beltster
With 1 movie Batista might have just passed the Rock as the 2nd biggest movie star in wrestling. Both still chasing Hogan though: Suburban Commando rules!

Guest Ciaran The King
With 1 movie Batista might have just passed the Rock as the 2nd biggest movie star in wrestling. Both still chasing Hogan though: Suburban Commando rules!

Love that film

Guardians is the best Marvel film ever, great fun and a great film. I'd happily watch it again

Saw it tonight, know nothing about GotG, but it was a fun film. Zoe Saldana is smoking even in green.

Any capital planet of a galactic empire which doesn't have planetary defenses deserves what it gets. I mean, we could build some fairly formidable kinetic planetary defense weapons now if we wanted to. Also, Ronan, leave the main ship in one of those little ships and reach the surface way faster, since that is the objective.

For once it looks like there's a movie that:

a. Doesn't give away all the best bits in the trailer

b. Actually lives up to the hype other people put on it

c. Makes me feel like my cinema ticket was money well spent

Seriously, this film was all kinds of great. Looks like Marvel have worked out how to get the best out of their movies now. I just really enjoyed the hell out of the whole thing.

Although saying that, I thought that

the Groot sprout dancing to Jackson 5 at the end as Drax sharpens his knife

was worth the ticket price alone. :D

Guest John Hancock
I still haven't seen it, but I was watching Red Letter Media's review (they loved it), and I was struck by the truth of their comment that this is the first action film in years and years and years were kids would actually want action figures of the characters instead of just weirdo collectors.