Open Club  ·  2 members  ·  Free

The Book Club

What are you reading?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
Not sure if anybody else uses this place but if not, I'd recommend wordery.com as a place to buy from. I get loads of graphic novels from them, they are always crazy cheap and delivery fast as hell.

Re-re-re reading The Humans by Matt Haig. Easily my favourite book. Seriously, I cant reccomend it enough (for the record the other books in my top five are 1984, Legend, Yes Man and Toms Midnight Garden).

Guest bigmatt
Re-re-re reading The Humans by Matt Haig. Easily my favourite book. Seriously, I cant reccomend it enough (for the record the other books in my top five are 1984, Legend, Yes Man and Toms Midnight Garden).

I bought that when you recommended it over a year ago! I still haven't read it yet mind but it sits handsomely on my shelf!

Re-re-re reading The Humans by Matt Haig. Easily my favourite book. Seriously' date=' I cant reccomend it enough (for the record the other books in my top five are 1984, Legend, Yes Man and Toms Midnight Garden).[/quote']

I bought that when you recommended it over a year ago! I still haven't read it yet mind but it sits handsomely on my shelf!

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/21955852-the-humans

Guest ScottyB

I'm not a reader, but I have decided to start reading books that films I've enjoyed are based on. At the moment I've got children of men on the go which I'm really enjoying, I really like that there's enough difference between the film and the book to still be hooked at the story and I like the changes the film made and don't feel I would of hated the film had i done things properly.

Next up Fight Club.

Just started I'm John Barrowman , and finish Craig Revel Horwood's autobiograghy. I am also in the middle of as I got distracted Gareth Malone's Autobiography about the tv program the choir.

Guest John Hancock
I'm about a quarter of a way through a history of the New York Knicks, but, seeing that professional basketball is about five minutes old, and the Knicks haven't really done anything noteworthy since the early 70s, they're kinda stretching it. It's interesting enough though.

Guest John Hancock
Yeah, half of the stories in the Knicks history is basically Michael Jordan doing things in the Garden, and occasionally beating the Heat.

Guest The Beltster
Yeah and that didnt even really kick in until the early 90's with Jordans MSG dominance. Pat Ewing was a beast though, really deserved a championship in 1994.

Guest Jack Collision

Nearly finished "Unspeakable Things" by Laurie Penny which discusses feminism, sex and class politics. Very interesting read if you're in any way pro-feminism, even as a male.

Once I'm done, I'll be moving onto Perfume by Patrick Suskind. Surprisingly, the two aren't related.

Nearly finished "Unspeakable Things" by Laurie Penny which discusses feminism, sex and class politics. Very interesting read if you're in any way pro-feminism, even as a male.

Once I'm done, I'll be moving onto Perfume by Patrick Suskind. Surprisingly, the two aren't related.

Get outta here with that fu fu garbage. This is a thread for serious discussion about comic books!

Isn't it? :lol

Guest John Hancock
Yeah and that didnt even really kick in until the early 90's with Jordans MSG dominance. Pat Ewing was a beast though, really deserved a championship in 1994.

The Knicks have got a pretty solid list of "best to have nevers". Best team of the '90s to win nothing, Ewing might be the best player to win nothing, until last year Bernard King was the best player outside the Hall of Fame.