Martial Arts

UFC Fight Night Mega-Thread

King

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
Yeah, the crowd's mental! Someone tweeted a picture, and every seat was filled for the first prelim. McGregor's reaction is going to be madness.

Guest Magic
Might give this a whirl seen as I'm staying in tonight and have BT. It'll be nice to catch a bit of UFC that isn't on at 4am.

Guest John Hancock

The prelims are almost over, I think the last fight is just starting, so I guess the main card starts in half an hour.

EDIT: The only problem so far is that because they're using a lot of British, Irish and Irish-American fighters, pretty much everyone on the card so far has looked exactly the same. Every fight has looked like a mosh pit at a Skrewdriver concert.

Edited by John Hancock

Guest John Hancock
Well, that's about that then! McGregor's one of those guy's who's so cool that I don't really want to see him tested, just give him a title shot, he's like the new Brock Lesnar.

Guest John Hancock
I wonder where you put him next. The UFC have been very sensible with where they have him fight, it's always somewhere where he'll have hometown fans, not just Dublin, but Stockholm, where he'd get British and Irish tourists, and Boston, where everyone thinks they're Irish anyway. I wonder what sort of reception he'd get somewhere like California or Vegas.

Guest John Hancock
I wonder if they'd do a Fight Night in a stadium, that could be pretty awesome actually. Ariel Helwani tweeted that the Irish fans were the best fans he's ever dealt with and been around in his entire MMA-reporting career.

Wow that is a compliment!!

When the Irish get behind someone it's like an obsession, he will just explode in the press now and be on every talk and radio show.

He's gonna become huge!!

Guest The Beltster
I hope they skip the sports part of it and go with the business part and get him a title shot ASAP. Can you imagine how much more of an amazing c*cky b@stard he would be with the belt? That would be wicked.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest John Hancock
There's one of these tonight, if anyone's interested. It's not the best card in town unfortunately, but there's an Englishman in a main event, even if he is a northerner.

Guest The Beltster
There's one of these tonight, if anyone's interested. It's not the best card in town unfortunately, but there's an Englishman in a main event, even if he is a northerner.
Otherwise known as Scottish, or a c*nt.

Looking forward to the show, after a ton of UFC's it seems like there hasnt been a show in ages. These under-the-radar shows seem to have a habit of producing though so fingers crossed...

Guest John Hancock
There's always something surprising in the UFC Prelims. This time, I've surprised myself by finding out I'm capable of hating f*cking cricket even more than I thought I did.

Guest John Hancock
No one cares, because the fights were at dumb o'clock on Footballday, but Michael Bisping just killed a man. Killed him dead. He is now a murderer.

Guest John Hancock

I thought it was tonight too until they absolute last minute. Terrible promotion from the UFC considering how big a deal Bisping is.

EDIT: Also, really, really strange news coming out of the show. Two fights in, the UFC threw one of the judges out for submitting "bizarre" score cards. Looks like he was either taking bribes, or literally didn't understand the rules. Because the show was in China, there's no proper athletic commission, so all the judges and referees were hand-picked by the UFC themselves, which means they also have the power to fire them mid-show. Kenny Florian was apparently openly calling the judging "awful" during the prelims.

Other fun facts, Michael Bisping is now the most successful UFC fighter to never get a title shot. No one else who hasn't had a shot has so many wins.

Also, there's another show happening right now, because f*ck you for trying to watch all the UFC shows, and Ben Saunders, after, almost 21 years, has become the first person ever in the UFC to win a match with an omplata, which is noteworthy because it's like the third move most people learn in any sort of grappling.

Edited by John Hancock