Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

UFC Fight Night Mega-Thread

King

I remember years ago when seeing some of the TWO gang in London and mentioning to Rob that Khabib after his debut was going to go places. I believe he will win this weekend at UFC 209. He is the only one I see that can give Conor a run for his money

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh fuck me

UFC 209 SEMI-MAIN EVENT OFF DUE TO KHABIB'S WEIGHT CUTTING ISSUES

BY DAVE MELTZER | @DAVEMELTZERWON | MAR 3, 2017 11:23 AM

TWITTER

FACEBOOK

GOOGLE+

The Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson fight scheduled for tomorrow night in Las Vegas, one of the most anticipated fights of the early part of 2017, is off due to weight cutting issues with Nurmagomedov.

Nurmagomedov was hospitalized in Las Vegas while cutting weight and had until 11 a.m. local time to get on the scales and weigh-in. Doctors wouldn't allow him to fight and he failed to weigh-in. Given the procedure of putting someone on fluids when issues are with dehydration, it makes it almost impossible in those situations for the fighter to be able to make weight.

All other fights on the show are official. At this moment, it is not clear which undercard fight will be moved to the PPV.

Nurmagomedov vs. Ferguson was scheduled as a five-round fight for the interim lightweight title, with a shot at Conor McGregor at least in theory going to the winner. It was the number two bout for UFC 209, behind the Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson main event for the welterweight title.