Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

UFC Fight Night Mega-Thread

King

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the first round it really look like Nelson was the one that had to cut 20+ pounds in 12 hours, he got so tired and lost so much pop in his punches and Hunt just got used to the timing of his right hands and when he ducked down for the overhand BANG!

Also if Meisha Tate thinks her win over a judo black belt means she has moved closer to a rematch with Rousey (that's if Meisha gets past Cat Zigano) then I think she'll be wrong. The last she was fighting, whilst built like a tank, had zero leverage due to the height and reach difference and showed zero appetite for striking, either throwing or receiving. Against Rousey that reach advantage will be zero as will the height and given the improved striking of Rousey, Tate's will have to continue to improve.

Still though she looked very nice in victory - something I can't say she will if and when she fights Cat, that girls is nasty.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest John Hancock
Now the sun's set, I can legally, in the eyes of God, remind everyone that there's two of these tonight, and you've probably already missed the only reasonably timed one. Neither looks amazing though.

The European show was pretty good, four first round finishes on the televised card before a very even main event between Gunnar Nelson and Rick Story.

Every Scandinavian fighter on the televised card lost though, so it's pretty much just destroyed any hope for an up-and-comer from Europe that isn't Conor McGregor or Alex Gustafsson.

• 4 months later...
Guest John Hancock
Wacky Brazilian card tomorrow night if anyone's interested. And you should be, if only for the fat-boy main event, which sounds like it could be a barn-stormer. Antonio Silva, who weighed in at the legal maximum for a heavyweight vs. Frank Mir, fighting something like 17 pounds heavier than his last fight. I'm predicted "no contest" due to a double heart attack after 30 seconds.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bigmatt
I thought it was a good fight. I wasn't really scoring it as I watched it at 4am or something but I enjoyed it.

Iaquinta is an absolute imbecile. He should have seen enough fights that end in bad decisions to realise that the crowd were booing the decision, not him. The only guess I have is that he was so convinced he won that he couldn't understand that, perhaps becuase the beating he got in his first round was knocked out of his memory.

Just a word about the next Fight Night, it's the first time the UFC have set foot in Poland and headlining is the re-match of one of the most memorable Heavyweight fights of the last decade with Gabriel Gonzaga taking on Mirko Cro Cop. Last time out the heavy underdog Gonzaga knocked out Cro Cop with one of Cro Cop's trademark head kicks and destroyed a potential superfight of Couture v Cro Cop in the process.

Co-main is Jimi Manuwa against Jan Blanchowicz, also on the main card is Scotland's Joanne Calderwood so it looks like they're treating Poland as a British show. There are 9 other fights and of those 18 fighters 13 of them don't have Wikipedia pages. There are some great names though such as Taylor Lapilus, Mickael Lebout and Damian Stasiak.

Only problem is I can't see this show schedule on BT or ESPN at any point.

Guest The Beltster
He's the guy who smashed up his hotel room for fun after his last fight which probably cost him half of his winnings. The guy is a mong.

Guest bigmatt
Just a word about the next Fight Night, it's the first time the UFC have set foot in Poland and headlining is the re-match of one of the most memorable Heavyweight fights of the last decade with Gabriel Gonzaga taking on Mirko Cro Cop. Last time out the heavy underdog Gonzaga knocked out Cro Cop with one of Cro Cop's trademark head kicks and destroyed a potential superfight of Couture v Cro Cop in the process.

Co-main is Jimi Manuwa against Jan Blanchowicz, also on the main card is Scotland's Joanne Calderwood so it looks like they're treating Poland as a British show. There are 9 other fights and of those 18 fighters 13 of them don't have Wikipedia pages. There are some great names though such as Taylor Lapilus, Mickael Lebout and Damian Stasiak.

Only problem is I can't see this show schedule on BT or ESPN at any point.

I've just had a look on the Freeview website and they're saying it's on Pick TV?

http://www.freeview.co.uk/whats-on/tv-guide?tvgBegin=54&tvgPageNumber=1&tvgSearchPhrase=UFC

Have they had UFC before?

Pick tv 11pm folks for fight night Saturday :)

Also stevie ray, who lives less than 10 minutes from me and magics hometown, has signed for ufc and debuts in Poland. Hope he does well!!

Yeah; for the briefest of split-seconds, I thought that was Harlem Heat Stevie Ray.

Gah, couldn't find it because it had "New" as the first word in the title.

I'm sure it's on there to increase visibility but there's no excuse for UFC shows not to be on an HD channel in this day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...