Fan Clubs (beta)

Music Club XII: No speak Engrish

FINNTROLL - Häxbrygd - Well the music video is weird. :lol As for the song itself, I actually quite liked this. Can't think of anything else to say really. 8/10.

Runrig - Alba - I liked the music in this, but I'm not really a fan of the vocals. If this was an instrumental, I'd rate it much higher, as is, the vocals don't annoy me too much. 6.5/10.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay then, my picks.

First is a Japanese horrorcore rap song, complete with weird music video. :P

asa ft Mizarry Psycho Freaxxx - 狂人日記

[video=youtube;zTKu3ObJrB0]

And second is another horrorcore rap song, this time by the Czech horrorcore group Sodoma Gomora. This isn't my favourite song of theirs, but I chose it because of the samples used in the beat.

Sodoma Gomora (featuring Masový Wrazi) - Antibible

[video=youtube;1xgE65CrGjM]

On a sidenote, I wasn't actually going to post horrorcore rap, but every other choice I had in mind had too much English in it. :doh32:

Innocuous Ton(y)ic(See what I did there?) :lol

FINNTROLL - Häxbrygd

What the hell is going on here? The open kinda reminds me of something. Powerman 5000 maybe, I dunno. Usually I'm not a fan of horns - I'm not a ska fan at all really - but this is really cool. This is like hardcore big band or something. I'm not really sure what else to classify it as, all I know is that I can for sure dig it. The vocals are pretty awesome and I'm surprised how well the brass fits in with the driving guitar. I wouldn't listen to this on the regular but it would be great for Halloween time! 8/10

Runrig - Alba

This isn't bad. I'm sure if I was Scottish it would have some deeper meaning but as it stands I just find it nice. Reminds me of top 40 80's stuff like Dire Straights or Phil Collins or something. Like something you would hear during the credits of a film from that decade. I didn't dislike it or anything, it's just not something I would ever listen to. 5/10

ShaolinFootRub

asa ft Mizarry Psycho Freaxxx - Some kinda emoji or kanji that I can't see

Oh Jesus Christ here we go. That open was ridiculous but... then the song kicked in and it's not bad at all. Kinda reminds me of Tribe Called Quest or something along those lines just with weird Japanese vocals. Forgive my ignorance but how does this qualify as horrorcore? All the stuff I've heard until now has always sounded like death metal vocals, this is totally different to the other horrorcore stuff you've posted. I actually kinda like this and I would totally listen to it again. 7/10

WHAT?!!?!? :lol

Holy crap... I guess I like horrorcore when it's not in English, 'cause this is straight up BALLER! This track made me want to hop up and start doing a mad Haka all over some nerd's faces. I even listened to it twice. I might even check out some more of their stuff if it's like this. 8/10

Forgive my ignorance but how does this qualify as horrorcore? All the stuff I've heard until now has always sounded like death metal vocals, this is totally different to the other horrorcore stuff you've posted.

Last time I attempted to explain the different types of horrorcore, it didn't go so well...

• 2 weeks later...

So let's get this on!

Carmina Burana ~ O Fortuna | Carl Orff ~ André Rieu

Those burst of dramatic loudness still gets me every time but I can't listen to it now with it being every where as mentioned. Normally it would stick in my head but it doesn't anymore.

5/10

The 3 Tenors O Sole Mio 1994

I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. I understand the importance the three tenors had but f*ck this, this is one song I hated and f*ck cornettos. Sorry Laffy.

0/10

Dschinghis Khan - Dschinghis Khan

Yes, nostalgia right here in the house, it was originally going to be my pick too. This is a load of fun man and those dance moves are still prominently seen in many village discos today! I bet the dancing banana stole those moves.

10/10

Donatan & Cleo - My Slowianie (We Are Slavic Girls)

Eurovision! Boobs! Old ass washboards! That's all I remember when they had their turn back in May. However I can only listen to it once before getting annoyed, still points for the use of traditional instruments to back it up.

6/10

Sólstafir - Fjara

I think I love this, it kicks in late in the song at 3:10 and that's where I thought I might have heard this song before. It's so chilling and powerful, the segments to the song fit firm and nicely. This gets a 10/10.

Einstürzende Neubauten - Stella Maris

Yeah I've heard of the Neubauten before but they've haven't really caught my attention over the years. Plus Meret Becker is still active in the TV business. I like the atmosphere but it sounds like a lullaby for a great portion of the song, which isn't bad but I had to get used to it.

7/10

FINNTROLL - Häxbrygd

This is like a metal version of the band Madness but it#s kind of flat for me.

4/10

Runrig - Alba

Wow didn't expect this, thought this was going to be more traditional due to the flag on the video. However this would have fit greatly into the Miami Vice theme we a had a few months back. Quite soothing.

7/10

asa ft Mizarry Psycho Freaxxx - 狂人日記

This was weird, all kinds of Mr. Blobby weird but the track itself was OK I guess. Still weird.

5/10

I may have mentioned it before but East European and some German rap makes me so uncomfortable. This not so much but it's marginal when the second and third guy start rapping like they want to slit your throat. You have to see the scene and background some of these guys have, not that I want to generalize the whole genre but it's really intimidating to see these guys out on the streets at night. Moving on from my pussiness, this isn't quite bad but just really not my flavour.

4/10

So here goes my picks, after Gringo and Deeser stole my picks I had to look elsewhere.

I totally adore this song in English, has that midday talk show theme feel to it. Have a look at the bad overdub on the video. :lol

Faith No More - Evidence (Spanish Version)

[video=youtube;fOyR5TSKMNo]

These guys are a few friends of mine who have made quite far. It's not really my kind of music but watching them play is such an experience. Of course this is their early stuff and it's basic but they've really progressed.

Hexadar - Wenn es am Morgen windet

[video=youtube_share;jgat4chMtQ8]

I may have mentioned it before but East European and some German rap makes me so uncomfortable.

I find that a bit weird, the only rap that makes me uncomfortable is snuff rap, especially Australian snuff rap.

And I suppose Neo-Nazi Horrorcore too, since I find the idea so uncomfortable that I refuse to ever listen to it.

Besides that, having seen the translated lyric's of a lot of them, they aren't saying anything really different to their English speaking equivalents.

Well it seems I won that argument. :P

Faith No More - Evidence (Spanish Version) - Not sure what to say about this. Not my thing, not annoying, not what I'd call bad, but it didn't do anything for me either. I have no idea what to say, and rating this is hard. I'll give it a 3/10, as I said, it did nothing for me, but I wouldn't say it was bad either, so I don't really know what to rate it.

Hexadar - Wenn es am Morgen windet - This is the type of stuff I've grown to really enjoy this year. And this particular song was freaking awesome. I really like the wind in the opening, the use of what I assume is a mouth organ or something like it blends in really well, the vocals are the type of growly vocals that I really like, and the blend of growly and singy vocals at around the 3:05 mark works really well. I've said 'really' far too many times...anyway, you said that this was 'basic', well I like basic, and this has to be the most I've enjoyed a song in the music club so far. 9.5/10.

Well it seems I won that argument. :P

You made a very good point that I just couldn't counter. :lol

MyNiggaMookie

Faith No More - Evidence

I love Faith No More anyway so I guess I'm a little biased. I'm pretty sure Mike Patton may be my very favorite male vocalist of all the times. He has the most amazing range, power, and emotion in his voice and I've pretty much loved everything he's ever done.

I really like this track. It's nice and mellow. I'm usually not a fan of the wah guitar effect but it works really well here as does the bass line. It's smooth and walky and just overall featured nicely. The vocals and lyrics are amazing of course and they synth fits nicely without taking over the track. I've already listened to this twice and I'll probably spend the rest of the day listening to Faith No More. 8/10

Hexadar - Wenn es am Morgen windet

HARDCORE ACCORDION! This is just straight up badass and may even win the whole thread for me. I love this, like, A LOT! The breakdown at the 2:30ish mark was unexpected but fantastic. The follow up with the driving guitar and harmonized vocals fit really well. I don't even know what you would call this. Post grind folk maybe? I dunno. What I DO know is this track is awesome and I'll definitely be looking for more of their stuff. Great pick! 9/10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C'mon, people, we're almost done here! Get those last few reviews in so we can move on to the next club!

Edited by Maxximus

• 1 month later...