Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Royal Rumble 2015 Discussion Thread - January 25, 2015 from Philadelphia, PA

TPIB

Who Do You Think Is Going To Win The 2015 Royal Rumble Match?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Think Is Going To Win The 2015 Royal Rumble Match?

• Bad News Barrett
    • Batista
    • Big Show
    • Bray Wyatt
    • Brock Lesnar
    • Chris Jericho
    • Daniel Bryan
    • Dean Ambrose
    • Dolph Ziggler
    • Erick Rowan
    • John Cena
    • Kane
    • Luke Harper
    • Mark Henry
    • Randy Orton
    • Rob Van Dam
    • Roman Reigns
    • Rusev
    • Ryback
    • Seth Rollins
    • Triple H
    • Undertaker
    • Other

The 28th annual WWE Royal Rumble will come to you, live on the WWE Network and select pay-per-view providers, on January 25 from the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA.

The official theme song for the Royal Rumble is "Gonna Be A Fight Tonight" by Danko Jones, which is available now on iTunes.

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/posters/wwe-royal-rumble-2015-poster.jpg

Confirmed Matches/Events

30-Man Royal Rumble Match

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Triple Threat Match:

Brock Lesnar © vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins

WWE Tag Team Championship:

The Usos © vs. The Miz & Damien Mizdow

The New Age Outlaws vs. The Ascension

Paige & Natalya vs. The Bella Twins

6-Man Tag Team Elimination Match: Kickoff Exclusive:

The New Day vs. Adam Rose, Cesaro, & Tyson Kidd

List of Royal Rumble Match Participants

Roman Reigns (12/14/14)

Daniel Bryan (12/29/14)

Rusev (1/6/15)

Bray Wyatt (1/9/15)

Bad News Barrett (1/9/15)

Dean Ambrose (1/12/15)

Goldust (1/13/15)

Stardust (1/13/15)

Big Show (1/15/15)

Kane (1/15/15)

The Miz (1/19/15)

Damien Mizdow (1/19/15)

R-Truth (1/19/15)

Dolph Ziggler (1/22/15)

Fandango (1/22/15)

Ryback (1/22/15)

Luke Harper (1/22/15)

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems pretty apparent from his appearances over the last couple of weeks that Roman's getting a mega push when he returns. So yeah, it makes sense that he wins the Rumble this year.

Whether he's good enough to carry that momentum all the way into his Mania match remains to be seen, but I don't see any problem with having him win the Rumble this year. Especially after his record breaking performance last year.

Guest Jack Collision

The Rumble will be absolutely fascinating for crowd reactions. If they react favourably to Reigns, it makes Wrestlemania an easy sell. If they turn on him or don't react as hot as WWE want, the next few months will be a lot of fun to watch as WWE actually show their ability to try and create stars.

I just have a hunch that fans will be slow to warm to him - although it'll be nice to see any new face in the mix.

Guest Ciaran The King

I thought this year it was rumoured to be another 40 man Rumble?

Also I really don't think Reigns is ready for the win this year

Guest HH-Evolution
Readiness doesn't matter if the WWE is being their usually dense selves about how to build up somebody in the wrong way entirely.

Cena defeats Brock. Rock is a surprise entrant in the Rumble, wins it. Cena vs Rock for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania.

:lol

If this happens now...well...I'll be eating pizza, but the rage of those poor people who still watch the shows. Egads.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dpddave

Daniel Bryan has to win it now or they're going to find themselves in the very same situation they were in last year with Batista. The crowd will absolutely sh*t on Reigns if he wins it.

The only way out of it that I can see would be to have Cena beat Lesnar and Rusev win the Rumble which I'd be down with as long as Rusev got the win at WM because Rusev is the best thing in the company at the minute imo

Could they have Bryan win this year, without it smacking of them trying to placate people after last year's nonsense?

Plus, Bryan already had his WrestleMania moment. That's the main thing everyone wanted to see, winning the Rumble was just supposed to facilitate that. I'm still thinking Roman. The only thing that worries me now is that they might do something silly, like have him eliminate Bryan and give him some kind of heel turn.

Guest Michael 378

With the return of Daniel Bryan I would like to see a revamped version of the Wrestlemania 20 Goldberg / Lensar storyline. Where leanding to the Rumble and at the Rumble all the focus is on the returning Daniel Bryan. The focus not being on Lensar, upsets Heyman and he has Lensar cost Daniel the Royal Rumble which would allow Reigns to win. If Lensar is scheduled to wrestle at the Elmination Chamber ppv, I'd have him win but have Daniel Bryan attack him then Seth Rollins cash in. So Wrestlemania you have Daniel Bryan vs. Lensar and Rollins vs. Reigns (and probably Triple H vs. Sting) as your main events/attractions.

But with this past Raw they made the Rollins/Reigns feud practically meaningless with that throw away match.

Guest pheadley
i do think everybody will end up booing reigns at the royal rumble. you have daniel bryan returning from a career threatening injury which only helps his underdog story, randy orton will be super babyface when he shows up, dean ambrose who has been totally over since the shield split and dolph ziggler who has had his best year to date. just hope wwe dont decide to have reigns eliminate any of them because they will turn him heel without meaning too.

Could they have Bryan win this year, without it smacking of them trying to placate people after last year's nonsense?

Plus, Bryan already had his WrestleMania moment. That's the main thing everyone wanted to see, winning the Rumble was just supposed to facilitate that. I'm still thinking Roman. The only thing that worries me now is that they might do something silly, like have him eliminate Bryan and give him some kind of heel turn.

By the same token, they could have someone eliminate Bryan and then have Reigns eliminate that guy for the huge face pop.

In fact, have Rollins in the Rumble (he has the MitB, but he could also say he wants to win the Royal Rumble to make give him two guaranteed shots (much like Edge in the Gold Rush tournament), he eliminates D-Bryan as part of the final three to a monstrous chorus of boos, while Roman eliminates Seth to win the match AND make sure he is cheered into the bargain.

Guest pheadley
By the same token, they could have someone eliminate Bryan and then have Reigns eliminate that guy for the huge face pop.

In fact, have Rollins in the Rumble (he has the MitB, but he could also say he wants to win the Royal Rumble to make give him two guaranteed shots (much like Edge in the Gold Rush tournament), he eliminates D-Bryan as part of the final three to a monstrous chorus of boos, while Roman eliminates Seth to win the match AND make sure he is cheered into the bargain.

thats a great idea, just hope the writers have the sense to do that

Yeah, it'd be a perfectly acceptable idea in most other towns, but Philly don't play that way. I've got a horrible feeling that Philly is gonna sh*t all over Roman Reigns, and it's a real shame because it's not necessarily his own fault.