Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Boxing and MMA Forum Random Comments 2015

King

So it came to pass; Michael Bisping scored a unanimous points win over Anderson Silva, despite "The Spider" being in control for most of it, pretty much knocking "The Count" out in the 3rd and busting him up over the rest of the fight.

bisping-silva-knee-third-round.gif?w=650&h=362

Anderson only has himself to blame though; you never leave it to the judges and as the ref hadn't called the fight off after the knee, he should have stayed on Bisping.

http://uproxx.com/sports/anderson-silva-michael-bisping-ufc-london-2/

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
To be fair, Silva couldn't have stayed on Lisping after that knee as the horn went literally immediately so he would have still survived the round. Bisping deserved the win though and I'm a huge Silva fan and I dont care for Bisping at all, but he won 3 rounds for sure so good for him, he fought his ass off.

To be fair, Silva couldn't have stayed on Lisping after that knee as the horn went literally immediately so he would have still survived the round. Bisping deserved the win though and I'm a huge Silva fan and I dont care for Bisping at all, but he won 3 rounds for sure so good for him, he fought his ass off.
Sorry, I should have been clearer; I meant he should have stayed over him until the referee made the call.

I also agree with you on Bisping putting in an amazing performance, but I'm not sure I'd give him three rounds.

To me, stress opinion, Bisping was rocked but he wasn't close enough to being knocked out for Silva to have celebrated like he did. Plus it seemed very unsporting, earlier in the fight Silva asked for a few seconds after claiming to have been poked in the eye, Bisping backed off without the ref asking, Bisping asked for the same after losing his mouthpiece and got the knee. Yes it was stupid of him to have dropped his guard until he knew it was safe, but it was a bit cheap (though fully legal) by Silva.

That aside, I had it 3 rounds to Bisping too. And much like Belty I'm a fan of The Spider.

Guest The Beltster
Sorry, I should have been clearer; I meant he should have stayed over him until the referee made the call.

I also agree with you on Bisping putting in an amazing performance, but I'm not sure I'd give him three rounds.

Bisping certainly won 1, 2 and 4 to me. Him winning 4 after the end of 3 was more down to Anderson standing around doing f*ck all than anything else. Edited by The Beltster

• 2 weeks later...