Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Random comments and suchlike

The Fury

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does Joey Mercury look like a bald Kevin Smith? And saying that, he's also the Silent Bob of the J&J Security when Jamie Noble is doing the speaking?!

Random thought. If they're pushing this idea of Rollins as a Shawn Michaels style cocky champion, then as well as J&J, give him a big tough Diesel style "bodyguard" - say Baron Corbin from NXT? Would get Corbin on the main roster to work house shows and learn, and hitting End Of Days on Rollins opponents on TV would be a nice introduction while he picks up.

Guest bigmatt
He's supposed to be very green too, isn't he? But he has the size and look that Vince likes so he'll get a shot at some point, and isn't massively over in NXT anyway apparently? This way he gets to have house show matches with excellent workers (Orton, Bryan etc.), isn't exposed on TV and is given time to learn and gets a main event rub and will be seen as a relatively important guy when striking out as a singles. A pretty good idea, I'd say.

Guest Ciaran The King
Random thought. If they're pushing this idea of Rollins as a Shawn Michaels style cocky champion, then as well as J&J, give him a big tough Diesel style "bodyguard" - say Baron Corbin from NXT? Would get Corbin on the main roster to work house shows and learn, and hitting End Of Days on Rollins opponents on TV would be a nice introduction while he picks up.

I like this idea, Rollins persona fits it perfectly

More random stuff: PWG From Out Of Nowhere; excellent as usual but the Best Friends vs. Beaver Boys tag match is hilarious. From the *cough*rag as socko, to the grenade in the trunks and John Silver being powerbombed to the moon and back, amazing match. Get it seen, kids!

Guest bigmatt
Baron Corbin is super-over in NXT.

Every review I've heard is that they're super into that counting gimmick but whenever he tries to move past that they sit on their hands.

Guest bigmatt
I don't think it's been mentioned on here yet, the rumoured frontrunner for Wrestlemania 33 is the New Minnesota Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota.