Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

UK and European news and comments

Guest bigmatt
Now, I has a sad. Ricochet is snowed in the US and can't come for the Carat Tournament. :( His spot will be taken by the winner of Da Mack vs. Mike Schwarz vs. Michael Dante vs. Robert Dreissker and then face Andrew Everett. Damn it nearly hit Uhaa Nation and Cedric Alexander too but they'll be there tonight.

On a positive note, Kay Lee Ray is confirmed to be there tomorrow! Yay!

I'm waking up a 4am in the morning for a 4 hour drive to a wrestling event. Yes! :lol

That'll be one of Uhaa's last few Indy dates before checking in at NXT, won't it?

He's due very soon according to the Observer and did his last Dragon gate date (and farewell) earlier this month.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he announced it at a Dragon Gate show and is finishing off his dates. I'll cry if he's thrown out of the Carat tournament and he isn't there for the rest of the weekend.

Wow, where do I start? The 16 Carat Gold Tournament weekend was a mental f*cking blast. So much awesome on the days I was there.

Arrived in Oberhausen on Saturday morning and checked out a few stuff before heading to the Three Sixty Bar for the Q & A Session, which was OK. I couldn't understand half the questions and answers due to sitting near the entrance way and also due to a few sound problems. Still, it was quite cool to see these guys on a personal level. Whatever Tommy End wears, I want his closet. Uhaa Nation is quite small when he has clothes on and Andrew Everett is a spitting image of Jason Mewes. :lol

Everyone was trying to get an answer out of Axel Tischer, to where he is heading in the USA as he's leaving wXw at the end of the month. If anyone has a hint, which promotion hasn't had a German in their roster then this is the place where he's going. NXT has also been thrown in the hat.

We then headed down to the afternoon programme called Ambition 6, which is basically shoot-mat style based wrestling. Some stiff bouts with Zack Sabre Jr. facing Big Daddy Walter in the Superfight, who cares about weight classes, yeah? Zack got smashed to the ground with a lariat. :D Dominic "Carnage" Brackner won the 8-Man tournament against Jon Ryan in the end.

The 2nd night of Carat was totally action-packed with quarter final matches like End/Everett which was a fun 7-minute match, Axel Dieter Jr./Marty Scurll which was also a fun match. Scurll, I must say is really riding the gimmick of his life. Calling moves like a superkick, then kidding around and then smacking a confused opponent with that said Superkick in the face. We had Absolute Andy vs. Sasa Keel and one of the matches of the weekend Zack Sabre Jr./Daisuke Harada. That match was a forearm war! I certainly want to see Harada again. Also got to see the World's Cutest Tag Team vs. Da Mack and Kay Lee Ray. Kay Lee Ray is such a bubbly personality and Candice LeRae is sooo sweet. :wub

...And then the After Show Party happened at the Three-Sixty Bar. xD Just a bunch of fans and wrestlers marking out to each other. The return of "Party" Marty Scurll, Andrew Everett doing a Shooting Star Press on Chris Sabin from the bar, Mike Schwarz and Timothy Thatcher chopping and giving European Uppercuts to each other, Mike Schwarz having to be carried home by Big Daddy Walter for drinking countless beers, Uhaa possibly having a little fling with a waitress, A dance-off with some fat wrestling fan and the wXw crew and to top it off Wrestling fans singing to All Night Long from Lionel Richie and Like a Prayer whilst marking out for Grado's name. Marty Scurll and Zack Sabre Jr. filmed it, so I guess Grado got some message about it. :D

The 3rd day was topped off with a Meet and Greet, got a few pics. Sha Samuels just about ripped my hair out, Kay Lee Ray is still cute as ever and Uhaa Nation being the most chilled person ever, we joked about what the WWE name generator will give him. Also got my thumbs down pic with the Sumerian Death Squad!

The event itself was great, the fans were a little exhausted after the last two days but still making noise. Axel Dieter Jr. and Zack Sabre Jr. had a fine match, Tommy End survived a F-5 from the second rope and locked a Owari Death Submission Hold in. The final between End and Axel Dieter?! Oh my, it straight out began with a big running knee to Axel's face. Then everything just went crazy outside, with Tommy running Axel through a make-shift table.

[video=youtube;JmjZHfyw8R4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmjZHfyw8R4

Tommy won in the end with a stiff kick to Dieter's fighting spirit, as they say and won the whole tournament. It would have been a bit too early for Axel Dieter to win but he's obviously going down the line to win the Heavyweight Championship. End also had a promo, which wasn't your typical SDS type promo but gave props to Dieter. End is so intimidating, it's just unreal.

LeRae and Ryan had a Tag Team Title match against French Flavour. LeRae on the receiving end of a double powerbomb slam.

Andrew Everett/Cedric Alexander vs. Da Mack/Uhaa Nation was a total spotfest. So many flips, the seating in the first row just about died every time anyone flew out of the ring Uhaa is soooo over with his theme song.

[video=youtube;QfXLqNfk4-w]

Plus, Axel Tischer had a fantastic and emotional send-off. Nearly had a damn tear in my eye.

Overall, incredible weekend with so many memories. I'm taking the whole three days next year, and it looks like the Carat Gold tournament is getting bigger and bigger. wXw itself is growing and selling out since late last year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So what's on this weekend? PROGRESS Wrestling of course with Chapter 19: Super Strong Style 16 tournament which is presented by SPLX.

The participants are as follows:

- Roderick Strong

- Will Ospreay

- Zack Gibson

- Marty Scurll

- Tommaso Ciampa

- Dsve Mastiff

- Eddie Dennis

- Jack Gallagher

- Tommy End

- El Ligero

- Rampage Brown

- Damo o’Connor

- Big Daddy Walter

- Noam Dar

- Mark Haskins

- Zack Sabre Jr.

Man, if I'd have seen this a lot sooner, I may have considered making the flight but oh well.

At least I still have Tommaso Ciampa and Tommy End vs. Matt Sydal next week in Hamburg! :omg:

• 2 weeks later...

ICW Fear and Loathing 8 spoiler.

Spoiler alert don't look down if you don't want to know!

[spoiler=Big spoiler]Just announced tonight. Mick foley will be the gm for ICW for fear and loathing show at secc this November.

Edited by Magic

So I saw Tommaso Ciampa and Matt Sydal on Friday. Ciampa is all kinds of awesome, he's cool and even loved my "Package Piledriver everybody" T-Shirt. He also has some killer eyes.

Sydal's cool too but he managed to rip my mate off after giving him quarters as change for a photo. :lol Naah, Sydal looked to have a blast and got his ass kicked by Tommy End.

I swear, if anyone has the chance to even consider Hamburg on a Friday night at a wXw event, then do this. Even if you're passing through. The atmosphere is a blast and off the hook!

• 2 months later...

Figure I'd bump this back up, since I've been on a "summer break" on Wrestling events.

Well not really, the Turbojugend, which is a fan club of the band Turbonegro joint held a wrestling show with some German Wrestling company on the Reeperbahn a few weeks back, so I had to go. For the first time, I think there were more non-wrestling fans than wrestling fans in the club. There were some 300 Turbojugend and just about 8 wrestling fans. :lol: They all had a blast though. Also a street fight in the end just turned into some ECW-esque brawl with 10 wrestlers interfering.

And so wXw will be coming back next week to Hamburg for Fan Appreciation Night, the card isn't an eye-catcher but Big Damo's coming back to wreck some shit up and they are flying in Too Cool. Yes, Too Cool. Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay. Oberhausen gets AJ Styles the next day and Hamburg gets Too Cool.

I'll also be heading to Oberhausen for the "World" Tag Team Tournament in October. wXw will have their homegrown wrestlers participate but they'll also be having the likes of Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows, Big Daddy Walter and Zack Sabre Jr., the Sumerian Death Squad, the Calamari Catch Kings with Chris Brookes and Jonathan Gresham (which may I add, is the greatest Tag name ever), the Super Smash Brothers, ACH and Tommaso Ciampa and ReDRagon!

It also so happens that Revolution Pro Wrestling and New Japan are doing a joint-show on that same weekend. I think both venues in London and Reading are sold out?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting all excited now this match has been announced for the Friday night.

11987083_10154168264554745_3904675262288806019_n.jpg?oh=574b74948d8b27b91807f611547b99f9&oe=567513E6

Also AJ Styles with Gallows and Anderson on the Sunday Night. They are taking over.

• 2 weeks later...

Man it's a great time to be a UK/European fan right now. :cloud9:

10987361_927263393988943_3029618058506484597_n.jpg?oh=3f8955074589484fa1e1dfcbbc5e289b&oe=5677A99F

We've also got a Hamburg choreography going for the standing block, I figured Marty was coming seeing as he's in Rostock the next day. So I had the glorious idea of trying to get everyone black umbrellas for November. :D

• 2 weeks later...