Fan Clubs (beta)

Game of Thrones: Season 6 Discussion *US TV pace*

Kam

The show returns in April 2016...

I can't wait!

I've renamed the post as *US pace* since we're getting the show over here at the same time (2am Mondays), it's easier to mark it that way. Anyone who will be watching the 9pm episode should be avoiding this thread until after you've seen it!

game-thrones-s6-poster.png

Edited by Kam

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Yodahew
Were you planning on watching it closer to when season 6 airs?

I originally was going to watch it after the season finished and binge the whole season in a day but that kept getting more and more delayed and facebook, twitter and the like spoilt the ending of S5 so now I will watch it the week before S6 comes out and then be fully up to date.

• 2 months later...
Guest WayneJDavies

Yeah that's the only problem with a show this popular and with this many deaths, is almost immediately it's all over social media.

It's getting close now and I'm looking forward to when it will begin again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest WayneJDavies
This is clearly one of the best shows of all time, the writing is amazing but what I also think that helps is the amazing cast, some of the actors just seem perfect for thier roles to me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great to have the show back!

I've renamed the post as *US pace* since we're getting the show over here at the same time (2am Mondays), it's easier to mark it that way. Anyone who will be watching the 9pm episode should be avoiding this thread until after you've seen it!

There was a lot going on but with the way they ended season 5 they needed to cover quite a few characters.

I'm so glad Brienne and Sansa are finally on the same page, that was a nice scene, I quite like the idea of those 4 together.

I was fully expecting Ellaria to be dead by the end of the episode so it was a total shock to see them kill off Prince Doran and Trystane. Was it explained where Trystane was? I would have assumed Jamie would have wanted to keep him close after what happened with Myrcella. Yet the sand snakes got to him so I wasn't sure if he returned to Dorne or was in Kings Landing. Oh and the way they killed Trystane :omg: - poor guy

Wow at that ending!!

Wasn't expecting that either! That was quite the scene :lol: I wonder how old she actually is! I'd love to see some of her backstory but I doubt we'll get much of it. I still thinks she'll be directly involved in Jon Snow's resurrection.

Can't wait for next episode as usual.

On COW, Spencer will be reviewing the episodes, so the first is up now:

Game of Thrones S06E01 Review: The Red Woman

I wonder how old she actually is!
Anything between 100 and 400 yrs old.

I loved this episode, which had pretty much everything you want from GoT (except dragons) outside of big battles. Tyrion "wanting to eat the baby" had me laughing, as did the Dothraki trying to do his best "What is best in life" speech from Conan.

Also, when Brienne turned up, I genuinely whooped, then shouted "YAY! PODRICK!" to no-one in particular.

Ratings news...

From the USA via TV.com

A record-setting audience saw Melisandre's true form on Sunday night, as Game of Thrones set a new high for total viewers. Legal viewers, I should say. The Season 6 premiere of HBO's fantasy bonanza was watched by a total of 10.7 million viewers on Sunday night when the flagship channel and online streaming numbers were added up, says The Hollywood Reporter. That's more than the previous record of 10.3 million viewers who watched li'l Olly be a total dick to Jon Snow in the Season 5 finale.

Approximately 7.94 million viewers watched old-fashioned style on regular premium cable, with the rest coming from encore presentations of the episode and streams from HBO Go and HBO Now. According to TorrentFreak, the premiere was downloaded more than 1,000,000 times in half a day.

But how does that 10.7 million number compare to the rest of television? The biggest show on TV, The Walking Dead, just wrapped up its sixth season with 14.2 million viewers. But considering that's on basic cable's AMC, one could argue that 10.7 million viewers on a premium cable network is just as, if not more, impressive.

From the UK via Digital Spy:

The season six premiere of Game of Thrones confirmed that Jon Snow is dead (at least for now), but it also drew record numbers for Sky Atlantic.

A massive 2.19 million tuned in to watch the episode on Monday. That's the biggest overnight audience for the channel ever (including catch-up and everyone who recorded and watched the episode within 24 hours).

Interestingly, more people watched the 2am simulcast (1.38 million) than the 9pm broadcast (816,000).

The overnight figure is expected to increase by around 70% as it consolidates over the next week.

Amazing ratings for Sky - over 2 million, and wow at the 2am showing getting 1.38 million! :eek:

Guest paidimartinez
Great to have the show back!

There was a lot going on but with the way they ended season 5 they needed to cover quite a few characters.

I'm so glad Brienne and Sansa are finally on the same page, that was a nice scene, I quite like the idea of those 4 together.

I was fully expecting Ellaria to be dead by the end of the episode so it was a total shock to see them kill off Prince Doran and Trystane. Was it explained where Trystane was? I would have assumed Jamie would have wanted to keep him close after what happened with Myrcella. Yet the sand snakes got to him so I wasn't sure if he returned to Dorne or was in Kings Landing. Oh and the way they killed Trystane :omg: - poor guy

Wasn't expecting that either! That was quite the scene :lol: I wonder how old she actually is! I'd love to see some of her backstory but I doubt we'll get much of it. I still thinks she'll be directly involved in Jon Snow's resurrection.

Can't wait for next episode as usual.

On COW, Spencer will be reviewing the episodes, so the first is up now:

Game of Thrones S06E01 Review: The Red Woman

I was hoping Stannis would be with Brienne, my only hope for the one true King now is that Brienne left him go off to the wall instead of killing him, Lord Commander Stannis has a nice ring to it.

Why did you expect Ellaria to be dead? I'd assumed Trystane was in Dorne seeing as there was no sign of him on the boat to Kings Landing but I could be wrong.

I wonder is Milisandre going to use the necklace to resurrect Jon Snow? The implication seemed to be that the necklace was what was keeping her looking so fine :lovesign:, even though she wasn't wearing it in one scene in season 5.

Though I still have a feeling that they'll burn Jon's body and he'll emerge from the flames unburnt and resurrected (thus proving the R+L=J theory).

Guest paidimartinez
I was hoping Stannis would be with Brienne, my only hope for the one true King now is that Brienne left him go off to the wall instead of killing him, Lord Commander Stannis has a nice ring to it.

Why did you expect Ellaria to be dead? I'd assumed Trystane was in Dorne seeing as there was no sign of him on the boat to Kings Landing but I could be wrong.

I wonder is Milisandre going to use the necklace to resurrect Jon Snow? The implication seemed to be that the necklace was what was keeping her looking so fine :lovesign:, even though she wasn't wearing it in one scene in season 5.

Though I still have a feeling that they'll burn Jon's body and he'll emerge from the flames unburnt and resurrected (thus proving the R+L=J theory).

I've re-watched the scene with Trystane and realised how idiotic my last comment was :oops2:.

Clearly Trystane is in the belly of the ship painting those things they put over dead peoples eyes at funerals. From what I can see online the ship is in the harbour at Kings Landing, though this is very poorly explained in the show.

Also, anyone get the impression that the writers decided to kill off lots of Dornish men because they made such a mess of that storyline last season?

Why did you expect Ellaria to be dead?
It was just because of the failed attempt last season and the warning Prince Doran gave her. I was expecting there to be more going on with Trystane this season so I though'd they'll kill off Ellaria with her daughters trying to avenge her...

Also, anyone get the impression that the writers decided to kill off lots of Dornish men because they made such a mess of that storyline last season?
Yeah...the more time I've had to think about it, the women showcased in Dorne were the stronger characters so I think they just decided to fastrack things :lol: