Game of Thrones: Season 6 Discussion *US TV pace*

Kam

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest paidimartinez
It was just because of the failed attempt last season and the warning Prince Doran gave her. I was expecting there to be more going on with Trystane this season so I though'd they'll kill off Ellaria with her daughters trying to avenge her...

Yeah...the more time I've had to think about it, the women showcased in Dorne were the stronger characters so I think they just decided to fastrack things :lol:

Speaking of fastrack, they really caught tv show watchers up on a lot book chapters where the Iron Islands are concerned.

With Dorne, I really want to like the Sand Snakes but I think the writing and acting is awful and doesn't fit with the show. Not that the actors playing the Sand Snakes themselves are doing a bad job but I just feel like the characters are trying too hard to be cool or something 0_O O_0

Holy shit what a great episode.

So much to love!

Speaking of fast tracking - Roose, Walda, baby Bolton and Balon all getting killed off! You knew things were bad for Walda as soon as she announced she was pregnant. When Ramsay was holding the baby...all I could think was just grab the baby and run! What a way to go...

I was expected the Arya stuff to keep going for a few more episodes yet, it felt like episode 1 was the first time they 'fought' and today was the 2nd yet that was all that was needed to get back to the House of Black and White.

With Theon heading back to the Iron Islands and Euron disposing of Balon...things could get interesting. I like Yara so probably not much hope for her :lol:

Great scene with Tyrion and the dragons, seems like he's building some trust with them.

Great to see Bran back and with the flashbacks too! Can't wait to see more...

We all knew it was going to happen but they really kept you hanging on until the final few seconds - loved every second of it!

Guest paidimartinez
So much to love!

Speaking of fast tracking - Roose, Walda, baby Bolton and Balon all getting killed off! You knew things were bad for Walda as soon as she announced she was pregnant. When Ramsay was holding the baby...all I could think was just grab the baby and run! What a way to go...

I was expected the Arya stuff to keep going for a few more episodes yet, it felt like episode 1 was the first time they 'fought' and today was the 2nd yet that was all that was needed to get back to the House of Black and White.

With Theon heading back to the Iron Islands and Euron disposing of Balon...things could get interesting. I like Yara so probably not much hope for her :lol:

Great scene with Tyrion and the dragons, seems like he's building some trust with them.

Great to see Bran back and with the flashbacks too! Can't wait to see more...

We all knew it was going to happen but they really kept you hanging on until the final few seconds - loved every second of it!

Great to see Bran, I was like a kid in a candy shop when I saw Ned, Lyanna and Benjen. Hopefully this story line will start living up to it's potential. Bran's chapters are some of the best in the books and I really felt that Jojen an Meera did't connect with the audience in the way they have done in the book.

I guess A Song of Ice and Fire is so vast and the show is limited with time, budget etc. Not a whole lot of room for back stories or character development. Hopefully Bran's visions might let us see some Westeros history with Ned and Arthur Dayne and co.

Guest paidimartinez
Great episode, I know it says US TV pace but I won't say too much just yet, but wow! Really enjoyed Bran's flashbacks and the stuff at the wall. Can't wait for next weeks episode.

Really enjoyed it again, time just flies by when it's on!

Biggest surprise had to be the return of Rickon - the Starks just can't catch a break can they?! I really hope Ramsay doesn't kill him off - I want some kind of Stark family reunion! Another direwolf down :sad: I'm worried for Osha too, I can't see things going too well for her...

I'd glad they didn't dwell on the Arya scenes too much, thought it was a nice way of speeding that storyline up.

I wonder if Sansa will make it to Castle Black or maybe meet up with Jon on the way. I guess Davos and Melisandre will go with him as there's no point them staying there either. I can't see Jon walking away from the Whitewalkers threat so he'll end up preoccupied in the North for the time being.

I know alot of people were happy with the Olly hanging but I still felt sorry for him. Seeing his family killed in front of him then being told to work alongside the killers :confused: I'm surprised they focused so much on the dead body too, was grim!

Biggest surprise had to be the return of Rickon - the Starks just can't catch a break can they?! I really hope Ramsay doesn't kill him off - I want some kind of Stark family reunion! Another direwolf down :sad: I'm worried for Osha too, I can't see things going too well for her...
There's a theory doing the rounds that Rickon's handover is a set-up to take out the Ramsay from the inside, which (if true) is a damn risky plan.

There's a theory doing the rounds that Rickon's handover is a set-up to take out the Ramsay from the inside, which (if true) is a damn risky plan.
I did hear about it but I think it's just wishful thinking. They were already aware Ramsay killed his father and most probably knew the fate of Walda and baby Bolton - I can't see them risking Rickon with him.

I think it needed to slow down just a little after everything that had happened in the first 2 episodes. There's no way they could keep that kind of pace up for an entire season.

The episode set a lot up, and used it's ending as a pay off to try and hide it really being more of a expository episode.

Guest paidimartinez
I did hear about it but I think it's just wishful thinking. They were already aware Ramsay killed his father and most probably knew the fate of Walda and baby Bolton - I can't see them risking Rickon with him.

It looks like Jon and the Wildlings are set for a battle with Ramsey. In order for Jon to win, the Umbers will have to double cross Ramsey because the Umbers and the Karstarks have more men between them than the rest of the North combined. Also, the Wildlings only have wooden and stone weapons and are undisciplined, so I can't see how they'll defeat a Northern army (even with a direwolf and a giant).

Unless Little Finger, who has been suspiciously quiet, swoops down on the Bolton forces with the Knights of the Eyrie.

I loved Bran's vision this week, been waiting a long time for the tower of joy to appear in the show. Was a bit bummed out that Arthur Dayne "the sword of the morning" had two swords though.

Guest paidimartinez
I think he decided to use two swords seen as he was outnumbered something like 6 to 2. The fact that he could wield two swords so well is a testament to his skills as a swordsman.

Plus it looked damn cool!

I agree, the two swords demonstrated to the portion of the audience who might not be familiar with him that he is a bada¢¢¢....

In the books it was 7 vs 3, suppose 6 vs 2 is an even worse ratio. I know I'm being picky but I wanted to see him smashing people with "Dawn", even though apparently it was in is right hand. Great scene though, I loved when Ned said "Nah" :)

Well that was just quality...pity there was no Bran but everyone seems to be gearing up for war now so I except some epic battle scenes in the next few episodes.

Wow!

Jon and Sansa reunite! :love:

Theon and Yara back together :love:

She's back! I am Daenerys Stormborn, of House Targaryen. Rightful heir to the Iron Throne, Queen of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, the Rhoynar, and the First Men. I am the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, and Breaker of Chains.:love:

Tormund giving Brienne the look :lol::love:

I was hoping we'd see more of Osha and Ramsay, shame it was so quick!

I felt as though Tyrion seemed to be having second thoughts after his agreement with the masters so I wonder if that will last...

So it looks like we've got the Eyrie, Starks and the Wildlings going after Ramsay with the Tyrells and Lannisters working together against The Seven. Can't wait!

Kevin has a review up on COW:

Game of Thrones S06E04 Review: The Book of the Stranger – Strong female characters and unexpected reunions culminate in the best episode of a stellar season (so far).

Guest paidimartinez

I felt as though we've gone through seasons of Daenerys traipsing through the desert and conquering cities only to perform the exact same stunt she pulled at the end of season 1 (albeit she is now in front of a larger audience). OK, you could argue that she learned a lot about ruling etc. in the interim but realistically I think her whole storyline over the past few years has been delay tactics to allow everything else fall into place.

George RR Martin has said that she is not fire proof and that the incident in season one was tied to blood magic and the events surrounding the birth of the dragons so either the show has departed from that or else Martin was lying.

I had predicted that Dany would be rescued by Drogon and the Dothraki would be so impressed that they would follow her (being able to handle a horse impresses them so surely riding a dragon would do the same :laugh:).

Did anyone else question why one of the Kahl's didn't try to make a run at the wall of the tent and bull his way through it seeing as it's made out of hay?

Tyrion's deals seem a bit inconsequential, surely thousands of Dothraki, Second Sons and Unsullied are capable of subduing the cities in revolt?

The King's landing storyline just seems so irrelevant. It's been uninteresting to me since I saw the threat that lies beyond the wall. At least the storyline in the North and the impending Battle of the Bastards could unite the North to defend against the threat of the Others, but the shenanigans in King's Landing are just small stakes stuff. I really can't stand any of the characters anyway.

I loved all the stuff at the wall but I thought Jon Snow was a bit too laid back about the whole thing.

Tormund is one of my favourite characters and I loved the scenes with Brienne, but I think it's inevitable that one of them will die shortly after they fall in love and get together.

Glad to see that littlefinger is finally entering the fray and that the famed knights of the vale are finally going to take the splinters out of their backside.

Edited by paidimartinez

Guest paidimartinez
I felt as though we've gone through seasons of Daenerys traipsing through the desert and conquering cities only to perform the exact same stunt she pulled at the end of season 1 (albeit she is now in front of a larger audience). OK, you could argue that she learned a lot about ruling etc. in the interim but realistically I think her whole storyline over the past few years has been delay tactics to allow everything else fall into place.

I had a discussion with a friend of mine on Friday who reminded me of the Shadowbringer's prophecy about having to go back in order to go forward. Not that I had forgotten about Quaithe, but somehow I became so frustrated over Dany staying in a state of limbo for so long that I became ignorant to what was going on. It's still stalling in my opinion but at least the show hasn't taken 10 episodes to get her from the Dothraki capturing her to this point. They are doing a great job this season of moving storylines along while developing others at the same time. Instead of giving us seven episodes of set up and three action episodes at the end of the series.