Fan Clubs (beta)

Game of Thrones: Season 6 Discussion *US TV pace*

Kam

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The show just doesn't let up! It's crazy to think we're at season 6 and the quality is as good as it is.

The start of the show felt quite eerie with the music playing in the background throughout the scenes at Kings Landing. I'm gutted for Margaery, thought she was a good character.

I wonder what will happen with Melisandre now, will she head towards Kings Landing?

With Dorne and Olenna Tyrell joining forces with Daenerys, surely the Lannisters are screwed now!

I was a little confused with the Arya scene, I didn't expect her to be changing her face! But feeding his sons to him was a nice touch! :lol:

Lady Mormont kicking ass again!

We finally get to see the Jon Snow reveal, the question is if Bran will get to Winterfell to tell him. Speaking of which, they mentioned the wall being magic again, does it mean when Bran goes through with the Night King's mark it will allow the White Walkers to follow?

I wonder what will happen with Sansa/Littlefinger, I can't see her double crossing Jon but that look between them at the end of their scene o_O

Speaking of looks, Jamie watching on as Cersai is crowed queen :eek: I know some people think he'll kill her like he did with the Mad King but I'm guessing they'll get distracted with the shitstorm heading towards them.

Kevin has the review up:

Game of Thrones S06E10: The Winds of Winter – Summer comes to a close in a fiery, bloody, and brilliant finale

Edited by Kam

The only issue I have from this (frankly AWESOME) episode is why doesn't Lady Mormont have a sword? Everyone else has their swords out shouting about the King of the North, and even though she's the one who got them all onside in the first place, she doesn't have a sword.

It's only a little thing, but someone as badass as she is needs a thoroughly badass sword! :lol

Dear youtube video makers, who sat and wondered prior to this episode just who would die in the finale I have your answer...

NEARLY HALF THE CAST!

Amazing climax to the season. I actually enjoyed this episode more then number 9 which given the usual pattern of GOT seasons is rare.

I also may have punched the air when Walder got ruined by Arya. Magnificent revenge, magnificent.

Also... L+R=J is finally confirmed!

Guest paidimartinez
The show just doesn't let up! It's crazy to think we're at season 6 and the quality is as good as it is.

The start of the show felt quite eerie with the music playing in the background throughout the scenes at Kings Landing. I'm gutted for Margaery, thought she was a good character.

I wonder what will happen with Melisandre now, will she head towards Kings Landing?

With Dorne and Olenna Tyrell joining forces with Daenerys, surely the Lannisters are screwed now!

I was a little confused with the Arya scene, I didn't expect her to be changing her face! But feeding his sons to him was a nice touch! :lol:

Lady Mormont kicking ass again!

We finally get to see the Jon Snow reveal, the question is if Bran will get to Winterfell to tell him. Speaking of which, they mentioned the wall being magic again, does it mean when Bran goes through with the Night King's mark it will allow the White Walkers to follow?

I wonder what will happen with Sansa/Littlefinger, I can't see her double crossing Jon but that look between them at the end of their scene o_O

Speaking of looks, Jamie watching on as Cersai is crowed queen :eek: I know some people think he'll kill her like he did with the Mad King but I'm guessing they'll get distracted with the shitstorm heading towards them.

Kevin has the review up:

Game of Thrones S06E10: The Winds of Winter – Summer comes to a close in a fiery, bloody, and brilliant finale

Melisandre might link up with the Brotherhood, although they'll be heading North.

The only way I can see the Lannisters defeating the Dornish/Tyrell/Dany alliance is if Euron shows up with his thousand ships and a so called dragonbinder. But even then, surely it will only delay the downfall of the Lannisters.

I didn't think we'd get the Arya scene so soon but they've obviously decided to flake through the storyline.

Lady Mormont is quality. I wonder are they all still in the hall at Winterfell roaring THE KING IN THE NORTH! THE KING IN THE NORTH! THE KING IN THE NORTH!

It's hard to tell if Sansa is looking at Littlefinger because she's worried that he will do something or because she's going to plot with him. She did look genuinely happy that Jon was becoming King though. I'll admit I was actually crying when Lord Glover roared out THE KING IN THE NORTH.. it was all too much for me after the Tower of joy scene. Don't get me started on that, there was people who thought Robbert was Jon's father afterward.

The prince that was promised will supposedly be born under a bleeding star, and Ned put Arthur Dayne's greatsword Dawn, which has a sun on the handle, down on the bed where Lyanna's blood was all over the shop.

The only issue I have from this (frankly AWESOME) episode is why doesn't Lady Mormont have a sword? Everyone else has their swords out shouting about the King of the North, and even though she's the one who got them all onside in the first place, she doesn't have a sword.

It's only a little thing, but someone as badass as she is needs a thoroughly badass sword! :lol:

The least Jon could do for her now is make her a needle version of Longclaw.

Quick question, Littlefinger has declared for house Stark, and now that Jon Snow is King in the North does that make him king of the Vale also? Rob was King of the North and the Riverlands because House Tully supported him.

He was King of the Riverlands because of his family line as well being intertwined with House Tully. Littlefinger is not related to Jon Snow as his marriage was into the Tully Bloodline where as Jon is only half Stark, no Tully blood at all.

Plus he declared his allegiance to House Stark under the pretense that Sansa as the eldest and (to everyone else bar us) only know surviving legitimate Stark. He didn't actually declare his support for Jon being King in the North, at the point he just looked at Sansa with eyes that just screamed I told you so.

Melisandre might link up with the Brotherhood, although they'll be heading North.
I just remembered something when you said this - didn't Melisandre tell Arya in a previous episode that they would meet again at some point? We could get a Hound/Arya reunion...might mean we get a Bran/Arya reunion too!

The only way I can see the Lannisters defeating the Dornish/Tyrell/Dany alliance is if Euron shows up with his thousand ships and a so called dragonbinder. But even then, surely it will only delay the downfall of the Lannisters.
How big are the Iron Islands? Considering some of people left with Theon/Yara, surely it will take them a while to build 1000 ships. Do you think they'll start with season 7 with Daenerys reaching Kings Landing or delay that towards the end of season 7?

Guest paidimartinez
He was King of the Riverlands because of his family line as well being intertwined with House Tully. Littlefinger is not related to Jon Snow as his marriage was into the Tully Bloodline where as Jon is only half Stark, no Tully blood at all.

Plus he declared his allegiance to House Stark under the pretense that Sansa as the eldest and (to everyone else bar us) only know surviving legitimate Stark. He didn't actually declare his support for Jon being King in the North, at the point he just looked at Sansa with eyes that just screamed I told you so.

I understand that but it looked to me like everyone in the hall was shouting KING IN THE NORTH (I'm driving my dog mad by continually shouting this whilst making a cup of tea or wandering about the house :cookiesign:) apart from Littlefinger and Tormund seeing as the wildings do not kneel. Even though Littlefinger declared for house Stark under the assumption that Sansa would be Lady of Winterfell, surely the fact that he's sent ravens to the other houses declaring for house Stark means that he is stuck supporting them for the time being at least.

I just remembered something when you said this - didn't Melisandre tell Arya in a previous episode that they would meet again at some point? We could get a Hound/Arya reunion...might mean we get a Bran/Arya reunion too!

How big are the Iron Islands? Considering some of people left with Theon/Yara, surely it will take them a while to build 1000 ships. Do you think they'll start with season 7 with Daenerys reaching Kings Landing or delay that towards the end of season 7?

Yup she sure did, maybe they'll encounter each other, who knows...maybe Gendry will stop rowing some time soon and meet his old friends too :)

I have a problem with this too. It scarcely looked like there was enough people on the beach for the King's mute to steal the amount of ships Yarah and Theon stole from Euron. Where the thousand ships are concerned, I think at this stage you have to suspend disbelief when it comes to Game of Thrones and timelines. Littlefinger has travelled the entire North about 7 times at this stage and Varys has managed to go from Mereen to Dorne and back in no time. There was also Dornish and Tyrell ships sailing with Dany's fleet which seemed a bit odd. I think her sailing for Westeros was meant to be some time after the battle at Mereen. Just as Euron showing up with a thousand ships next season will supposedly be several months after the Kingsmoot.

I hope they'll go straight into the Blackwater 2, they have a fair bit to get through and apparently there isn't long left.